Florida State Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Bless

Silver

Re: Florida State Class of 2014

Post by Bless » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Did anybody buy books yet? I went on Amazon and the bill came out to nearly $800 :shock: ! I tried to buy used books that weren't loaded with highlighting and writing.

So far, I have a first week assignment for my torts course. Do you guys think all of our courses will have first week assignments before class starts?

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Bless wrote:Did anybody buy books yet? I went on Amazon and the bill came out to nearly $800 :shock: ! I tried to buy used books that weren't loaded with highlighting and writing.
I felt like I got a pretty good deal on books; 9 books for $500. I used amazon as well. A couple of my civ pro books I was able to get older editions, and I only bought a couple of new books. Also, may be too late for you now (sorry, if you didn't know), but if you haven't before you can sign up for Student Prime and it is free for 6 months and half priced after that ($39 per year).
Bless wrote: So far, I have a first week assignment for my torts course. Do you guys think all of our courses will have first week assignments before class starts?
It looks like I do for Torts and Civ Pro fo sure. I looked at my Civ Pro blackboard site, and there is a lot of information on there including first week readings and study questions. Fwiw, I have Dr. Craig. I'm not sure if the other classes will add stuff as we get closer to the start, but I wouldn't be surprised.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am

we're in the same section, cool brees! and yeah, that was nice we were able to buy older editions for a couple of the civpro books. however, i am a little worried because i bought the 2009 edition for the federal rules of civil procedure, and then i read in the syllabus that she suggests getting the 2010 version if we get a used edition. hopefully there will only be a few minor differences that i will have to copy from someone else!

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:19 pm

minuit wrote:we're in the same section, cool brees! and yeah, that was nice we were able to buy older editions for a couple of the civpro books. however, i am a little worried because i bought the 2009 edition for the federal rules of civil procedure, and then i read in the syllabus that she suggests getting the 2010 version if we get a used edition. hopefully there will only be a few minor differences that i will have to copy from someone else!

Im pretty sure I am in the same section as well. I have Craig, Kahn, Atkinson and Matthews.

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:19 pm

minuit wrote:we're in the same section, cool brees! and yeah, that was nice we were able to buy older editions for a couple of the civpro books. however, i am a little worried because i bought the 2009 edition for the federal rules of civil procedure, and then i read in the syllabus that she suggests getting the 2010 version if we get a used edition. hopefully there will only be a few minor differences that i will have to copy from someone else!

Awesome. Yeah, I wasn't sure which year to get either because the book list said something about 2009 and older editions are acceptable. I ended up getting the 2010, and thankfully, the BB site said that was sufficient. Hopefully, someone gets a new one; so, we can make corrections. :lol:

dukivich10 wrote: Im pretty sure I am in the same section as well. I have Craig, Kahn, Atkinson and Matthews.
I don't know how the sections work. I have Davis instead of Matthews, but the rest are the same though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Cool Brees wrote:

Awesome. Yeah, I wasn't sure which year to get either because the book list said something about 2009 and older editions are acceptable. I ended up getting the 2010, and thankfully, the BB site said that was sufficient. Hopefully, someone gets a new one; so, we can make corrections. :lol:

dukivich10 wrote:

Same I have Davis as well!
Im pretty sure I am in the same section as well. I have Craig, Kahn, Atkinson and Matthews.
I don't know how the sections work. I have Davis instead of Matthews, but the rest are the same though.

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:41 pm

so what are my fellow males wearing for orientation??

SelormKK

New

Post by SelormKK » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm thinking suit jacket, pants and a shirt, no tie. That's typically accepted as business casual wear. I'm pretty sure that's what they expect of us at orientation anyway.

Mattfl88

Bronze

Post by Mattfl88 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm planning on Khakis and a dress shirt. It's to hot for me to wear a jacket.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 pm

SelormKK wrote:I'm thinking suit jacket, pants and a shirt, no tie. That's typically accepted as business casual wear. I'm pretty sure that's what they expect of us at orientation anyway.
Ya thats what I was thinking...The jacket can always come off if its hot or we are a bit overdressed.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Florida business casual. I'm wearing a nice polo tucked into khaki pants. There is no need to wear anything more than that; it's sweltering outside.

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this.

I'm leaning khakis, dress shirt, maybe a tie.

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Yaa its to hot for a jacket...im going dress pants(maybe khakis) and a button down.

Dont wear the tie. Its too hot for that lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi, I'm looking for an apartment within 20 minutes of FSU Law. Preferrably a 1/1. Does anyone have any advise on where I should be looking?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”