Florida State Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Skipper2014

New

Re: Florida State Class of 2014

Post by Skipper2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Ugggggggh. It sounds dumb, but having Friday off would be a big, big deal for me.

And I didn't get a prof call. JIPPED. :wink:

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Bill Cosby wrote:
Cool Brees wrote:
Skipper2014 wrote:Does anyone know when section schedules are decided or what a typical schedule looks like? I know UF 1Ls don't have Friday classes -- just curious if FSU is the same.
I don't know, but I am curious, as well. I know at the scholars day, they said Friday is a very relaxed day, and they try not to schedule classes on Friday. However, there are some classes on Friday's.

Has anyone else been contacted by a Professor?
Yeah. It was definitely a nice touch.

Yeah, it is one thing to say the faculty is accessible, but so far, in my experience, FSU is trying to show it. I got a phone call from one, and e-mail from another. Both were helpful and really open about using them as a resource for any questions I have.

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Skipper2014 wrote:Ugggggggh. It sounds dumb, but having Friday off would be a big, big deal for me.

And I didn't get a prof call. JIPPED. :wink:
At least, it looks like it will only be 1L year that you will have to take Friday classes. I'm sure your prof call is coming!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:53 pm

So nobody has asked to be in the c/o 2014 group in the last 24 hours... I think we have gotten all the FSU students who are on TLS :lol:

Also, I dunno if you guys have seen this yet, but it's a very good summary of the Class of 2010 profile, including a helpful map of # of alumni in each state.

--LinkRemoved--

Here's some UF data for comparison... I can't find stats on alumni in each state, though.

--LinkRemoved--

Both FSU and UF had 76% of grads finding employment in FL and 24% going out of state for the class of 2009, as well. I know some people had concerns about differences in portability of the degrees.

I'm trying to find FSU Law merchandise, and I can't find it through FSU's bookstore or Bill's. Am I blind or is there nothing for sale? I just think it's very weird that there aren't any FSU Law t-shirts and such.

amarkonthedoor

New

Post by amarkonthedoor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm

minuit wrote:So nobody has asked to be in the c/o 2014 group in the last 24 hours... I think we have gotten all the FSU students who are on TLS :lol:

Also, I dunno if you guys have seen this yet, but it's a very good summary of the Class of 2010 profile, including a helpful map of # of alumni in each state.

--LinkRemoved--

Here's some UF data for comparison... I can't find stats on alumni in each state, though.

--LinkRemoved--

Both FSU and UF had 76% of grads finding employment in FL and 24% going out of state for the class of 2009, as well. I know some people had concerns about differences in portability of the degrees.

I'm trying to find FSU Law merchandise, and I can't find it through FSU's bookstore or Bill's. Am I blind or is there nothing for sale? I just think it's very weird that there aren't any FSU Law t-shirts and such.
Thanks for the links...I was wondering about that myself after reading the UF thread. Although this will only make it harder to decide where to go if I miraculously get accepted to UF at this point!

Here's a shirt: http://www.garnetandgold.com/Details.cf ... category=0
the site also has a license plate frame if you were looking to buy some stuff online...that's pretty much it, though. Kind of a disappointing selection. There's also a brick and mortar Garnet & Gold in Tallahassee that might have more stuff than their online store. I for one have been rocking my ASD shirt everywhere I go in Tampa :D haters gonna hate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fsulawjd

New

Post by fsulawjd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey guys. You can buy shirts, coffee mugs, water bottles, hats, etc. from the alumni office at the law school. The selection is much better than what you'll find at the bookstores.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm

fsulawjd wrote:Hey guys. You can buy shirts, coffee mugs, water bottles, hats, etc. from the alumni office at the law school. The selection is much better than what you'll find at the bookstores.
awesome, thank you!

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 am

fsulawjd wrote:Hey guys. You can buy shirts, coffee mugs, water bottles, hats, etc. from the alumni office at the law school. The selection is much better than what you'll find at the bookstores.
Weird, but awesome.

lala7

New

Post by lala7 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:32 am

Last edited by lala7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amarkonthedoor

New

Post by amarkonthedoor » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 pm

lala7 wrote:So I was stalking other class of '14 threads and the people in the UChicago thread are making "University of Chicago Law Class of 2014" t-shirts.

I think we need to step up our game.

edit: AND hoodies!
I agree, plus I'd love a hoodie. How is it that they're making them themselves?

p.s. I requested to join the FB group today :)

lala7

New

Post by lala7 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:04 am

Last edited by lala7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 am

I hope they have those sweet bumper stickers too that go across the back window. I love those. I remember when I got into UG that was the first thing I bought so everyone would know where I was going and now I get to add one on top of the other. Most excellent. Am I the only one who thinks like that? haha.

Mattfl88

Bronze

Post by Mattfl88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I love bumper stickers as well. As the ASD, I think the student bar table had FSU Law stickers and now I've got one on my car (along with a few other stickers).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SUCO

New

Post by SUCO » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Does anyone know how late FSU continues to offer scholarships, or what percent of scholarships have been awarded already? I'd be interested to see figures on this.

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:25 pm

SUCO wrote:Does anyone know how late FSU continues to offer scholarships, or what percent of scholarships have been awarded already? I'd be interested to see figures on this.
Based off of my conversations with the office, I think most/all are handed out at this point.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I did the loan entrance counseling and filled out my MPN yesterday... that was extremely boring. Still hasn't showed up on my FSU financial aid toolkit. I am so impatient!! I accepted my Stafford loan, too. Has anybody else done the counseling/MPN, and how long did it take to post to your account?

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:17 pm

minuit wrote:I did the loan entrance counseling and filled out my MPN yesterday... that was extremely boring. Still hasn't showed up on my FSU financial aid toolkit. I am so impatient!! I accepted my Stafford loan, too. Has anybody else done the counseling/MPN, and how long did it take to post to your account?

I did mine for the Stafford and the 2O,5OO posted the following day. It was pretty boring haha. Is that what you were asking about? lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:47 pm

alicrimson wrote:
minuit wrote:I did the loan entrance counseling and filled out my MPN yesterday... that was extremely boring. Still hasn't showed up on my FSU financial aid toolkit. I am so impatient!! I accepted my Stafford loan, too. Has anybody else done the counseling/MPN, and how long did it take to post to your account?

I did mine for the Stafford and the 2O,5OO posted the following day. It was pretty boring haha. Is that what you were asking about? lol
I guess it went through because my Stafford loan posted. I thought maybe there was something that showed verification of completing the MPN and counseling, but posting the loan is probably it. Thanks!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:09 pm

minuit wrote:
alicrimson wrote:

I guess it went through because my Stafford loan posted. I thought maybe there was something that showed verification of completing the MPN and counseling, but posting the loan is probably it. Thanks!
I know mine posted before I did the MPN but in order to accept the amount, you have to have the MPN on file.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm

FYI I live in a complex on Mabry now, and it is not in an area to "avoid". Cheap rent, too.

bcourno

New

Post by bcourno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

What is the name of the complex?
gov wrote:FYI I live in a complex on Mabry now, and it is not in an area to "avoid". Cheap rent, too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Umm... where is the alumni office? I went to the law school today to buy some goodies and couldn't find it, and asked a woman working in the mail room and she said it's not in the main law building. I had to get to work so I didn't have time to search for it. LOL <---- newb

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

minuit wrote:
Umm... where is the alumni office? I went to the law school today to buy some goodies and couldn't find it, and asked a woman working in the mail room and she said it's not in the main law building. I had to get to work so I didn't have time to search for it. LOL <---- newb
I think it's in one of the four little houses facing out toward the old 1st DCA building.

amarkonthedoor

New

Post by amarkonthedoor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I went on the Great Apartment Hunt of 2011 on Friday and visited Ashford Club, Polo on Park, Jackson Square, Victoria Grand, Evergreens at Mahan, and Blairstone at Governor's Square. If anyone would like up-to-date pricing/availability info or to know what my impressions were (if you're feeling trusting of a total stranger's judgment :wink:) feel free to PM me.

ManofGod78

New

Post by ManofGod78 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

For those still house hunting, check out http://www.padmapper.com. Thought I'd share.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”