University of Minnesota Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
boozehound

Bronze

Re: University of Minnesota Class of 2014

Post by boozehound » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Anyone get info yet from the school on tuition, FAFSA awards, etc.?

weber35

New

Post by weber35 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:16 pm

clar wrote:How many people are bringing cars and are planning on driving them to and from the school everyday?
That's my plan, as of now. Also considering the metro, but I like the idea of coming and going at my leisure. Hopefully parking isn't a bitch or outrageously expensive.

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm

weber35 wrote:
clar wrote:How many people are bringing cars and are planning on driving them to and from the school everyday?
That's my plan, as of now. Also considering the metro, but I like the idea of coming and going at my leisure. Hopefully parking isn't a bitch or outrageously expensive.
The lottery is already closed for parking spots on campus. There's a garage at the Holiday Inn near campus that rents out spots, I think it's in the $80-100 per month range.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:58 pm

kjadkins wrote:
weber35 wrote:
The lottery is already closed for parking spots on campus. There's a garage at the Holiday Inn near campus that rents out spots, I think it's in the $80-100 per month range.
You can still get a contract. Once the lottery is over, the parking and transportation services dept. will start selling them if you show up in person. I got one easily doing this for fall semester last year.

I'm not sure what date exactly they'll start doing this, though. I would call and ask them about it. If you do try and do this, make sure you show up very early (say, 30 minutes at least before the office opens) the day they start selling them. As far as I know, nobody who showed up while I was there was turned away.

ilovetosleep

New

Post by ilovetosleep » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 am

There is a parking lot next to the law school where you can pay everyday (excessively expensive and only good for a few days here or there). There are also two parking lots behind the Corner Bar and Bullwinkles which you can pay $4 daily or get a monthly pass for like $50. You are not guaranteed a parking spot, but I rarely had problems finding a spot since most days 1L classes being early in the morning. I did the monthly parking pass behind the Corner Bar and it worked fine. The holiday inn ramp is like $80/month and the only difference between that ramp and the corner bar ramp is that the holiday inn ramp is enclosed, but not heated/a block closer to the school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm glad we finally got our section assignments - now I just wish we'd get our book list! I really want to order on Amazon but in college I had Amazon books take 1.5-2 weeks to get to me sometimes, so it'd kind of be cutting it close unless I was able to order them very soon.

deadpoetnsp

Bronze

Post by deadpoetnsp » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

kjadkins wrote:I'm glad we finally got our section assignments - now I just wish we'd get our book list! I really want to order on Amazon but in college I had Amazon books take 1.5-2 weeks to get to me sometimes, so it'd kind of be cutting it close unless I was able to order them very soon.
You can signup for an "Amazon Student" account with your @umn.edu email. You will get free 2-day shipping and $3.99 1-day shipping for 6 months (for items marked 'Prime').

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”