Temple Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
usmcjag
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby usmcjag » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Justathought wrote:
haleydee wrote: Philly has some odd names; who the heck thought Art Museum would be a good name for a neighborhood?! If I'm going to be in Philly, I want to be in Philly. The suburbs bore me. No offense suburbanites!


Maybe the art museum had something to do with it.

Agreed on the boring suburbs,
go for south philly, its cheap and has the best eats in the city

User avatar
Evrydyhonestliar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:24 am

For those of you coming straight from UG has the Senior Slide started for anyone? I'm trying here, but my professors obviously don't believe in it haha

User avatar
classix
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby classix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 am

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:For those of you coming straight from UG has the Senior Slide started for anyone? I'm trying here, but my professors obviously don't believe in it haha


Mine has started. Once I decided on Temple I kinda just had a "it'l be what it'l be" mentality in regards to the rest of my UG.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am

usmcjag wrote:
Justathought wrote:
haleydee wrote: Philly has some odd names; who the heck thought Art Museum would be a good name for a neighborhood?! If I'm going to be in Philly, I want to be in Philly. The suburbs bore me. No offense suburbanites!


Maybe the art museum had something to do with it.

Agreed on the boring suburbs,
go for south philly, its cheap and has the best eats in the city


I think I've found a nice place in Old City. Going to look at it next week when I visit the school.

Oh and yeah, I'm sure the art museum had something to do with it. I'm just saying, we don't call midtown, Empire State Building, simply because its there. But I've only been to Philly a few times as a kid, and don't remember much about the place. Perhaps the museum is so good naming a portion of the city after it was only natural? Either way, I'm excited.

User avatar
brangara
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby brangara » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

.
Last edited by brangara on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm going to the admitted student day on the 13th. Plan on paying my deposit there. Excited about being an Owl.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby rs2004 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 pm

do you guys think there are more apartments available in july than august? i am wondering if i should start apartment hunting for july.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby rs2004 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm

did you guys get a confirm email after sending in your tuition deposit?
i sent mine in last week and temple says they never got it.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 pm

rs2004 wrote:did you guys get a confirm email after sending in your tuition deposit?
i sent mine in last week and temple says they never got it.


I'm dropping mine off tomorrow in person. Anyone else going to the admitted students event tomorrow?

P.S. To the guy to posts ahead of me. I actually started looking for apartments. If I were you, I would start looking in June just to be safe. I'm going to look at a place tomorrow, and since it seems perfect thus far, if I like it, I'm going to grab it. The lease starts in June, which sucks, but I want to get this settled already.

User avatar
Evrydyhonestliar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:27 pm

rs2004 wrote:did you guys get a confirm email after sending in your tuition deposit?
i sent mine in last week and temple says they never got it.


I faxed mine in yesterday, and I got a confirm e-mail this morning

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby rs2004 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:02 pm

yea i got a follow up email telling me that it had come in the mail today.

so why are some in a rush to get apartments? wouldn't it be just as effective to start searching for an apartment in july with a lease that starts in august?

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm

rs2004 wrote:yea i got a follow up email telling me that it had come in the mail today.

so why are some in a rush to get apartments? wouldn't it be just as effective to start searching for an apartment in july with a lease that starts in august?


Yeah, I think it would be fine to start searching in early July. I'm just really particular. I want to be in the city, close to a health club, close to the subway, and with someone I can tolerate. I figure, for me, its probably best to start looking early, so I can find a place that meets the criteria.

User avatar
usmcjag
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby usmcjag » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 pm

rs2004 wrote:did you guys get a confirm email after sending in your tuition deposit?
i sent mine in last week and temple says they never got it.

Cancel the check and send another.

Also, there are tons of apts in philly,, you should not have a problem whenever you start looking, I would start looking in june for an august move in

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi! Sent in my deposit today! Anyone going pt evening?

User avatar
classix
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby classix » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 am

Just noticed how many animal 'tars there are in this thread. It's nearly a majority...

Not sure what this means. I should probably go to sleep.

User avatar
usmcjag
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby usmcjag » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 am

oreo3405 wrote:Hi! Sent in my deposit today! Anyone going pt evening?


Maybe... I'm leaning towards PT (evening), but I'm still not certain.

There are a lot of animal 'tars, I felt self conscious about not having any 'tar, and after seeing the ones on here it was either going to be Kramer, or my dog Scout.

User avatar
Evrydyhonestliar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 am

usmcjag wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:Hi! Sent in my deposit today! Anyone going pt evening?


Maybe... I'm leaning towards PT (evening), but I'm still not certain.

There are a lot of animal 'tars, I felt self conscious about not having any 'tar, and after seeing the ones on here it was either going to be Kramer, or my dog Scout.



Horray for animal 'tars!

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
usmcjag wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:Hi! Sent in my deposit today! Anyone going pt evening?


Maybe... I'm leaning towards PT (evening), but I'm still not certain.

There are a lot of animal 'tars, I felt self conscious about not having any 'tar, and after seeing the ones on here it was either going to be Kramer, or my dog Scout.



Horray for animal 'tars!



HAHA! My pug, Oreo, (hence my username and who is my avatar) is seriously the closest thing my fiance and I will have to a child anywhere within the near future. haha.

And If anyone is going PT Evening, PM me!

User avatar
Evrydyhonestliar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 am

oreo3405 wrote:
Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
usmcjag wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:Hi! Sent in my deposit today! Anyone going pt evening?


Maybe... I'm leaning towards PT (evening), but I'm still not certain.

There are a lot of animal 'tars, I felt self conscious about not having any 'tar, and after seeing the ones on here it was either going to be Kramer, or my dog Scout.



Horray for animal 'tars!



HAHA! My pug, Oreo, (hence my username and who is my avatar) is seriously the closest thing my fiance and I will have to a child anywhere within the near future. haha.

And If anyone is going PT Evening, PM me!


+1 on the animal being a child thing. Dexter my housebunny runs my apartment haha I do not want to know what its like to have a child

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby rs2004 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm

must add my dog as my avatar as well.

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Just deposited and looking forward to meeting everyone!

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:36 pm

x7227 wrote:Just deposited and looking forward to meeting everyone!



Another animal avatar! Haha. Look forward to meeting everyone soon! Anyone in the Philadelphia area this summer? I'd be down to getting together and getting to know some of my future classmates!

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
x7227 wrote:Just deposited and looking forward to meeting everyone!



Another animal avatar! Haha. Look forward to meeting everyone soon! Anyone in the Philadelphia area this summer? I'd be down to getting together and getting to know some of my future classmates!


In west Philadelphia born and raised...

PS- I dunno if Hobbes counts as an animal 'tar but I guess we can credit that response...

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

x7227 wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:
x7227 wrote:Just deposited and looking forward to meeting everyone!



Another animal avatar! Haha. Look forward to meeting everyone soon! Anyone in the Philadelphia area this summer? I'd be down to getting together and getting to know some of my future classmates!


In west Philadelphia born and raised...

PS- I dunno if Hobbes counts as an animal 'tar but I guess we can credit that response...


For the sake of the theme, id say it counts. haha. I live in and work in the NE

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Since I don't have an animal avatar, please accept this image as a peace offering.

Image

Animal, the Muppet.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest