Temple Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Peace of Mind

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Peace of Mind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:So bored in NYC. Why can't it be August already?! God, can't wait to get out of this one horse town.

I think I'll get my bed delivered soon, that will give me an excuse to come down and spend a few days in Philly.

If you have the apartment down here to get your bed delivered to, why not just move down early? Or at least come down for all our pre-1L events and stay over a night or two.

I can only imagine that there's nothing to do in all of NYC...so why not hop on a bolt bus and start the pre-1L festivities early!

Yeah, my lease starts on July 1st. I've got this place in NY till July 31st, so I will have two apartments for a month!lol

I'll likely start moving stuff to Philly in mid-July, but I do have some business to attend to before I make the final move. I think the July 12th event presents a good opportunity to get down there and spend a few days in town. Provided I purchase a bed and arrange for delivery on or before the 12th.

I'm just getting really excited to move down there, meet everyone, and start this thing. As a result NY seems boring at the moment(realistically its still pretty interesting).

On a side note - I love how the tone of the facebook page has gone from "awkward getting to know you" stage to "Backup plan for threesomes in the White house" stage. :lol:

Oh the facebook group...There's the ULTRA-INTENSE ballet/dance thread going on...nobody is biting on the jokes in there...Then there's doom and gloom on the solo practitioner front morphed into the three-way thread (all I can think about is Andy Samberg/Justin Timberlake singing "Its ok when its in a three way...Its not gay, if its in a three way...") and random people asking the same questions (where should I live? why is philly scary sometimes?) over and over. Its certainly entertaining!

As for your bed, 1-800-MATTRES (leave off the last s for savings!). They'll deliver same day in most cases and they're always cheaper than a brick and mortar mattress store.

I second 1800 mattress and/or mattress.com that's where I will be getting mine.

What's the threesome thread that you guys are talking about? Must have missed that one! Lol btw... if I was one of those annoying fb people you'd tell me right? Lol

Just a thought... fb won't let me add you btw. I'm not neglecting my TLS friends... swear! Lol

Can't wait to meet you guys in August :)

x7227

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
I second 1800 mattress and/or mattress.com that's where I will be getting mine.

What's the threesome thread that you guys are talking about? Must have missed that one! Lol btw... if I was one of those annoying fb people you'd tell me right? Lol

Just a thought... fb won't let me add you btw. I'm not neglecting my TLS friends... swear! Lol

Can't wait to meet you guys in August :)

Justathought won't let anyone add him as a friend...he's too good to have digital friends like us! (and as we all know, a measure of a man/woman's worth in the world is clearly defined by how many digital friends they have and how many people "like" their comments...I mean how else are we to determine our leaders in this new and scary techonocracy?! :P)

btw, the 3-some thread was the solo-practitioner thread, but then it went WAY off the rails in hilarious fashion

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Don't feel bad guys, I have zero facebook friends. I'm only on "the facebook" because of Temple. In fact, I think facebook is causing me to lose friends, since I rebuff all efforts of friends trying to add me.

It normally goes something like this-

Me: So I finally got facebook. It seems handy for meeting law school people.
Friend: Finally! I'll add you as a friend later.
Me: Yeah, I'm not really interested the whole thing. It just seems like a useful tool in this instance.
Friend: Okay, well I'll add you as a friend. You're going to love it!
Me: I don't think I will. I'm trying to just use it for this one specific purpose. I want to make friends in Philly before classes start.
Friend: Its great for that! You'll love it! I'll add you later!
Me: Are you serious?
Friend: Yeah, you'll love it.
Me: I don't think so.
Friend: You can tell your law school friends about the artwork I sell online.
Me: You sell artwork?
Friend: Online! Through facebook mainly.
Me: Look its not going to happen.
Friend: What? Why?
Me: I'm just not interested in facebook. Just leave me be.
Friend: I'm going to make you my friend, you just wait and see! (giddy laugh)
Me: Actually, this whole conversation seems like your attempt at ending our friendship.
Friend: You're going to love it!

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Justathought wrote:Don't feel bad guys, I have zero facebook friends. I'm only on "the facebook" because of Temple. In fact, I think facebook is causing me to lose friends, since I rebuff all efforts of friends trying to add me.

It normally goes something like this-

Me: So I finally got facebook. It seems handy for meeting law school people.
Friend: Finally! I'll add you as a friend later.
Me: Yeah, I'm not really interested the whole thing. It just seems like a useful tool in this instance.
Friend: Okay, well I'll add you as a friend. You're going to love it!
Me: I don't think I will. I'm trying to just use it for this one specific purpose. I want to make friends in Philly before classes start.
Friend: Its great for that! You'll love it! I'll add you later!
Me: Are you serious?
Friend: Yeah, you'll love it.
Me: I don't think so.
Friend: You can tell your law school friends about the artwork I sell online.
Me: You sell artwork?
Friend: Online! Through facebook mainly.
Me: Look its not going to happen.
Friend: What? Why?
Me: I'm just not interested in facebook. Just leave me be.
Friend: I'm going to make you my friend, you just wait and see! (giddy laugh)
Me: Actually, this whole conversation seems like your attempt at ending our friendship.
Friend: You're going to love it!

Thanks for clearing that up lol

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:Thanks for clearing that up lol

My pleasure. Just didn't want you guys to think my anti-social behavior is limited to people online. I'm a jerk in real life too!

Now who wants to hang out in August?! :P

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought won't let anyone add him as a friend...

I've given it some thought over the last few hours, and In the interest of being more social, I have enabled friend requests. I remain highly skeptical.

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:Thanks for clearing that up lol

My pleasure. Just didn't want you guys to think my anti-social behavior is limited to people online. I'm a jerk in real life too!

Now who wants to hang out in August?! :P

Not me! Psh ;)

x7227

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Justathought wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Justathought won't let anyone add him as a friend...

I've given it some thought over the last few hours, and In the interest of being more social, I have enabled friend requests. I remain highly skeptical.

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Also when can I purchase some art from your friend? I would like one art please!

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Okay, its done. We're officially friends. Now you can see that I like The Kills and Jurgen Habermas. Yay! :|

P.S. I have no idea how facebook works. I can't even find my friends list. Its a good thing I don't take risque photos or I would totally be the next Anthony Wiener.

P.P.S Found the friends list.

x7227

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Justathought wrote:Okay, its done. We're officially friends. Now you can see that I like The Kills and Jurgen Habermas. Yay! :|

P.S. I have no idea how facebook works. I can't even find my friends list. Its a good thing I don't take risque photos or I would totally be the next Anthony Wiener.

You have two friends on your friend list... me and peaceofmind...nothing's changed in your life...yet...

But soon the allure of finding people you knew back in the third grade for one day will prove intoxicating...you'll begin procrastinating on facebook...seeing how your friends have all posted pictures of their children and cats (because we ALL want to see that!). Three months from now we're gonna a news report about a temple law student arrested in Palo Alto at the home of Mark Zuckerberg, muttering, "I just want him to be my friend! Why didnt he accept my friend request!"

The rest of us will sit back and wonder aloud, "Was this our faults? Did we push him to this?" Of course we'll reassure each other that your eventual mental instability couldn't have been predicted...but deep down inside we know the truth, and we'll hate ourselves for it.

Or, you know, you could just keep it low key and only "friend" people who are actually your friends. Use it to keep in touch with them...that also works. Maybe the occasional cryptic wall post to garner some sympathy when you're in need of comfort or an ego boost. That works just as well.

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:15 am

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:Okay, its done. We're officially friends. Now you can see that I like The Kills and Jurgen Habermas. Yay! :|

You have two friends on your friend list... me and peaceofmind...nothing's changed in your life...yet...

But soon the allure of finding people you knew back in the third grade for one day will prove intoxicating...you'll begin procrastinating on facebook...seeing how your friends have all posted pictures of their children and cats (because we ALL want to see that!). Three months from now we're gonna a news report about a temple law student arrested in Palo Alto at the home of Mark Zuckerberg, muttering, "I just want him to be my friend! Why didnt he accept my friend request!"

The rest of us will sit back and wonder aloud, "Was this our faults? Did we push him to this?" Of course we'll reassure each other that your eventual mental instability couldn't have been predicted...but deep down inside we know the truth, and we'll hate ourselves for it.

Or, you know, you could just keep it low key and only "friend" people who are actually your friends. Use it to keep in touch with them...that also works. Maybe the occasional cryptic wall post to garner some sympathy when you're in need of comfort or an ego boost. That works just as well.

Justathought... i second only adding people your friends with, as in actually friends with, not people you knew in h.s. and haven't spoken to in 5 years who just want to see what you've done with your life since h.s. lol i'm friends with everyone on my list, with the exception of my recently added temple friends... that's more like foreshadowing. i'd also make your entire profile private(only your friends can see everything). and please don't be one of those people that puts all your problems and personal business up on fb for the world to see... those are my least favorite facebookers. lol not that i think you'd be one of those anyways.

sorry x7227... please God... no emo ish

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
x7227 wrote:

Justathought... i second only adding people your friends with, as in actually friends with, not people you knew in h.s. and haven't spoken to in 5 years who just want to see what you've done with your life since h.s. lol i'm friends with everyone on my list, with the exception of my recently added temple friends... that's more like foreshadowing. i'd also make your entire profile private(only your friends can see everything). and please don't be one of those people that puts all your problems and personal business up on fb for the world to see... those are my least favorite facebookers. lol not that i think you'd be one of those anyways.

I guess its because I'm such a facebook novice, but I would feel totally weird trying to add someone from grammar or high school with whom I wasn't still friends. I occasionally notice that facebook, with its incredible powers, seems to recognize some random person I knew a million years ago, but had totally forgotten about. I would feel like a crazy person coming out of the woodwork and trying to friend them.

Still, thanks for the primer on facebook. I now have 3 friends, as one of our other classmates seems to have seized upon my new found openness. :P

x7227

Postby x7227 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:40 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
x7227 wrote:

LoL. The first part I was just making a joke and the last little bit I was just making a statement about your "standard" facebookers. Before this whole law school thing, I was only Facebook "friends" with people I actually knew in real life, and I didn't actually actively "friend" people. Facebook is a useful tool (especially for marketing), but its no replacement for a great conversation (of which I have too few these days).

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
x7227 wrote:

I guess its because I'm such a facebook novice, but I would feel totally weird trying to add someone from grammar or high school with whom I wasn't still friends. I occasionally notice that facebook, with its incredible powers, seems to recognize some random person I knew a million years ago, but had totally forgotten about. I would feel like a crazy person coming out of the woodwork and trying to friend them.

Still, thanks for the primer on facebook. I now have 3 friends, as one of our other classmates seems to have seized upon my new found openness. :P

haha well be prepared for the crazy people to be adding you...

i hate that Facebook recognizes people for me... i know if i know someone and i know if i want them on my fb... if they're popping up in that "you might know..." box it's because i have intentionally not added them. does fb think that because they reminded me i know the asshole who threw food at me in school that suddenly i will think hey fb thinks we should be friends so why not?! you know fb also uses your "interests" and whatever on your profile to put up the advertisements that are on the right of your page... creepy!!!!

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 pm

x7227 wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
x7227 wrote:

LoL. The first part I was just making a joke and the last little bit I was just making a statement about your "standard" facebookers. Before this whole law school thing, I was only Facebook "friends" with people I actually knew in real life, and I didn't actually actively "friend" people. Facebook is a useful tool (especially for marketing), but its no replacement for a great conversation (of which I have too few these days).

i use linked in for marketing and networking... fb hasn't been useful for that. then again that could be because i wasn't trying to use it for that lol

btw... i just thought of this when i saw my avatar... the natalie postman debate has now been settled lol :)

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:

btw... i just thought of this when i saw my avatar... the natalie postman debate has now been settled lol :)

Okay now you're just fishing for compliments! :P

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

Okay now you're just fishing for compliments! :P

hahaha no, never! i hate girls like that lol

i mean... i know i'm not ugly and i think i'm pretty but i'm no natalie portman. lol

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:

i mean... i know i'm not ugly and i think i'm pretty but i'm no natalie portman. lol

With an attitude like that you'll never get the lead in Black Swan 2! :lol:

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

Hahaha well if you're right I have law school as a backup! :)

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:57 am

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

I JUST figured out who you are via FB. haha

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:08 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

Really? I had you pegged from day one! :wink:

But yeah, as you can see, I'm a facebook novice. TLS has guilt tripped me into testing the waters. :|

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Justathought wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

But yeah, as you can see, I'm a facebook novice. TLS has guilt tripped me into testing the waters. :|

oreo... i just searched until i found your dog lol it's sooo adorable by the way! :)

just a thought is so malleable jk

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:34 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

oreo... i just searched until i found your dog lol it's sooo adorable by the way! :)

just a thought is so malleable jk

HAHA and yeah my avatar pretty much gives it away since my dog is alllll over my fb. lmao.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:

I'm certain I now have a friend I've never ever met; in any fashion - online or in the real world. I think, and this is almost entirely pure speculation, that he may be the cousin of a friend with whom I barely speak.

Peace of Mind

Postby Peace of Mind » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

I'm certain I now have a friend I've never ever met; in any fashion - online or in the real world. I think, and this is almost entirely pure speculation, that he may be the cousin of a friend with whom I barely speak.

Hahaha see what I mean... crazies!!!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”