Temple Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:11 pm

arvcondor wrote:Have any of you (by which I mean the three other people still talking in this thread) cracked open Law School Confidential? If so, did you become totally fucking despondent after the first chapter? Not that law-school-as-life-force-succubus was totally new to me, but I think it was the first time it was put in such extreme terms.


Not reading it. After reading TLS for a over a year, I think I've got a pretty good handle on the situation. Also, I too have real world experience, and 80 hour work weeks are both expected and familiar. Bring it on! :x

I am more concerned with becoming familiar with the coursework. I bought the E&Es for our fall classes. I've been working through them at a snail's pace.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby arvcondor » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

Are you not making it?

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 pm

arvcondor wrote:
Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

Are you not making it?


Sadly, no. My lease starts July 1st, and I likely won't be in Philly full time until August. Hope to be at future events, but I bet this one will be awesome. There are so many people signed up!

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Justathought wrote:
arvcondor wrote:
Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

Are you not making it?


Sadly, no. My lease starts July 1st, and I likely won't be in Philly full time until August. Hope to be at future events, but I bet this one will be awesome. There are so many people signed up!


i'm going! anyone else in this thread attending??

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
arvcondor wrote:
Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

Are you not making it?


Sadly, no. My lease starts July 1st, and I likely won't be in Philly full time until August. Hope to be at future events, but I bet this one will be awesome. There are so many people signed up!


i'm going! anyone else in this thread attending??


I'll be there. Just finishing up work right now and heading downtown momentarily.

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 am

Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P


It was pretty chill. The restaurant was very loud, so it was hard to have conversations other than with the person sitting next to you. Otherwise our classmates seemed really nice and a lot of fun. I didn't meet a single person the entire night that I wouldn't be comfortable being friends with (I don't know if that sentiment applies to everyone's perception of me... but who cares!) I think everyone had a lot of fun, but its gonna be hard as more people start coming down to Philly to keep these things going as one cohesive group (there were ~45 people there at its max and I met only 3/4ths of them... thats only going to grow into the future)

Oh and for all the TLS lurkers that abound, please come out and play! I promise (at least in this thread) we wont be mean or crush your dreams or anything like that. This TLS thread is just like a more result-driven, neurotic and pessimistic FB group...huh...now that I say that out loud, it doesn't exactly sell ourselves too well. Well delurk anyways! :lol:

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby oreo3405 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P


It was pretty chill. The restaurant was very loud, so it was hard to have conversations other than with the person sitting next to you. Otherwise our classmates seemed really nice and a lot of fun. I didn't meet a single person the entire night that I wouldn't be comfortable being friends with (I don't know if that sentiment applies to everyone's perception of me... but who cares!) I think everyone had a lot of fun, but its gonna be hard as more people start coming down to Philly to keep these things going as one cohesive group (there were ~45 people there at its max and I met only 3/4ths of them... thats only going to grow into the future)

Oh and for all the TLS lurkers that abound, please come out and play! I promise (at least in this thread) we wont be mean or crush your dreams or anything like that. This TLS thread is just like a more result-driven, neurotic and pessimistic FB group...huh...now that I say that out loud, it doesn't exactly sell ourselves too well. Well delurk anyways! :lol:



Haha! It was a great time as well, as the night died down it was easier to carry on conversations with people and all in all it was a great evening! I cant wait to have another one sometime soon. I was shocked at the turn out. I only met a handful as well, with everyone being super friendly and inviting. I can tell its going to be an awesome year and I look forward to meeting more students with more events to come!

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby arvcondor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 am

Justathought wrote:Detailed TLS rundown of happy hour will be needed. Also, please make it funny! :P

Quick rundown: Everyone seemed outgoing and friendly and I had a great time. But I'm feeling nauseous from the deathly fear the 0Ls are expressing over living in Philly anywhere outside the five-block radius downtown they've drawn for themselves. I know at least one person there empathized with me on this one.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Glad you had a good time, man. Though I wonder if I'm within that dreaded 5 block radius of which you speak. So far, I haven't seen a lot of people living in Old City. Most of the class seems to prefer the Rittenhouse area, but I'm a history buff and get a kick out of the tourist trap that is Old City.

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby arvcondor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm personally blown away that people have the money to even be able to "prefer" Rittenhouse.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm

x7227 wrote:Oh and for all the TLS lurkers that abound, please come out and play! I promise (at least in this thread) we wont be mean or crush your dreams or anything like that. :lol:


Speak for yourself! :lol:

On another note, I'll be in Philly tomorrow to sign my lease. Ordinarily, I would love to meet up with you guys, but I'm bringing my mom and grandmother along to show them the area. They are, to say the least, a handful.

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 pm

arvcondor wrote:I'm personally blown away that people have the money to even be able to "prefer" Rittenhouse.


I mean a 2br in Rittenhouse is still well within people's budget so long as its not in the warwick or something. With one or two roommates, anywhere in the city is remarkably affordable. My guess is people are going where they are comfortable living during 1L...that's what I'm doing at least. Where I live and my surroundings should be the absolute last thing I have to worry about during 1L. If that decision costs me a few more dollars in loans, it is what it is. I'll gladly pay that money back twice over once I graduate to ensure I avoid a long bout of insomnia or another crazy roommate asking me to punch him in the face (true story).

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Anyone know when we get our schedule and section info? I know a lot of schools are handing that stuff out as I write this, but I'm thinking Temple might wait until orientation. If that's the case, I find it semi-lame. :|

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Justathought wrote:Anyone know when we get our schedule and section info? I know a lot of schools are handing that stuff out as I write this, but I'm thinking Temple might wait until orientation. If that's the case, I find it semi-lame. :|


The week before classes start according to the Admitted Students Website. It is not only semi-lame...it is lame...lame to the max. It has nothing to do with funding that bookstore for at least one semester worth of textbooks. :roll:

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Image

Why did I see this and immediately think of TLS? Just replace med school with law school. Hmmm.... :wink:

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 pm

So F is the correct choice, right?

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Note to self: Law school students seem prone to arguments. The semi-annual sale at Brooks Brothers is henceforth considered a dangerous topic of discussion. Will try my luck with religion and politics next. Perhaps that will go better.

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Justathought wrote:Note to self: Law school students seem prone to arguments. The semi-annual sale at Brooks Brothers is henceforth considered a dangerous topic of discussion. Will try my luck with religion and politics next. Perhaps that will go better.


Note to self: Law school is expensive. I am broke.

Just need to remind myself of that every time I 'want' something...

It seems as if its just you and me left on this forum. Everyone else has migrated to the facebook group, for better or for worse.

I'm glad you liked the YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA. Greatest...movie...ever...

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby arvcondor » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 pm

x7227 wrote:It seems as if its just you and me left on this forum.

Image

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 am

arvcondor wrote:
x7227 wrote:It seems as if its just you and me left on this forum.



Slanderous lies! I demand proof that you are actually here... and not just pretending to be a rapper for fiscal gain and social relevance...because if you were doing that, and you later admitted it, that would be totally lame...

...oh wait...

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 pm

So bored in NYC. Why can't it be August already?! God, can't wait to get out of this one horse town.

I think I'll get my bed delivered soon, that will give me an excuse to come down and spend a few days in Philly.

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Justathought wrote:So bored in NYC. Why can't it be August already?! God, can't wait to get out of this one horse town.

I think I'll get my bed delivered soon, that will give me an excuse to come down and spend a few days in Philly.


If you have the apartment down here to get your bed delivered to, why not just move down early? Or at least come down for all our pre-1L events and stay over a night or two.

I can only imagine that there's nothing to do in all of NYC...so why not hop on a bolt bus and start the pre-1L festivities early!

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:So bored in NYC. Why can't it be August already?! God, can't wait to get out of this one horse town.

I think I'll get my bed delivered soon, that will give me an excuse to come down and spend a few days in Philly.


If you have the apartment down here to get your bed delivered to, why not just move down early? Or at least come down for all our pre-1L events and stay over a night or two.

I can only imagine that there's nothing to do in all of NYC...so why not hop on a bolt bus and start the pre-1L festivities early!


Yeah, my lease starts on July 1st. I've got this place in NY till July 31st, so I will have two apartments for a month!lol

I'll likely start moving stuff to Philly in mid-July, but I do have some business to attend to before I make the final move. I think the July 12th event presents a good opportunity to get down there and spend a few days in town. Provided I purchase a bed and arrange for delivery on or before the 12th.

I'm just getting really excited to move down there, meet everyone, and start this thing. As a result NY seems boring at the moment(realistically its still pretty interesting).

On a side note - I love how the tone of the facebook page has gone from "awkward getting to know you" stage to "Backup plan for threesomes in the White house" stage. :lol:

User avatar
x7227
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Postby x7227 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Justathought wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:So bored in NYC. Why can't it be August already?! God, can't wait to get out of this one horse town.

I think I'll get my bed delivered soon, that will give me an excuse to come down and spend a few days in Philly.


If you have the apartment down here to get your bed delivered to, why not just move down early? Or at least come down for all our pre-1L events and stay over a night or two.

I can only imagine that there's nothing to do in all of NYC...so why not hop on a bolt bus and start the pre-1L festivities early!


Yeah, my lease starts on July 1st. I've got this place in NY till July 31st, so I will have two apartments for a month!lol

I'll likely start moving stuff to Philly in mid-July, but I do have some business to attend to before I make the final move. I think the July 12th event presents a good opportunity to get down there and spend a few days in town. Provided I purchase a bed and arrange for delivery on or before the 12th.

I'm just getting really excited to move down there, meet everyone, and start this thing. As a result NY seems boring at the moment(realistically its still pretty interesting).

On a side note - I love how the tone of the facebook page has gone from "awkward getting to know you" stage to "Backup plan for threesomes in the White house" stage. :lol:


Oh the facebook group...There's the ULTRA-INTENSE ballet/dance thread going on...nobody is biting on the jokes in there...Then there's doom and gloom on the solo practitioner front morphed into the three-way thread (all I can think about is Andy Samberg/Justin Timberlake singing "Its ok when its in a three way...Its not gay, if its in a three way...") and random people asking the same questions (where should I live? why is philly scary sometimes?) over and over. Its certainly entertaining!

As for your bed, 1-800-MATTRES (leave off the last s for savings!). They'll deliver same day in most cases and they're always cheaper than a brick and mortar mattress store.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest