Temple Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
x7227

Bronze

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Post by x7227 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
haha well be prepared for the crazy people to be adding you...
I'm certain I now have a friend I've never ever met; in any fashion - online or in the real world. I think, and this is almost entirely pure speculation, that he may be the cousin of a friend with whom I barely speak.
Hahaha see what I mean... crazies!!!
Just remember, when he tells you he's a bank manager in London in charge of a dead aunt's trust fund, and you are the new beneficiary...TOTALLY LEGIT! Just make sure to give him your name, SSN, bank account numbers, address, phone number, and two credit card numbers for verification. You don't want to make it any harder than it needs to be to collect on that 11,000,000 that your dead aunt left you in the will! What's that, it was a trust fund? Oh, will...trust fund...same thing...

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 pm

x7227 wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
haha well be prepared for the crazy people to be adding you...
I'm certain I now have a friend I've never ever met; in any fashion - online or in the real world. I think, and this is almost entirely pure speculation, that he may be the cousin of a friend with whom I barely speak.
Hahaha see what I mean... crazies!!!
Just remember, when he tells you he's a bank manager in London in charge of a dead aunt's trust fund, and you are the new beneficiary...TOTALLY LEGIT! Just make sure to give him your name, SSN, bank account numbers, address, phone number, and two credit card numbers for verification. You don't want to make it any harder than it needs to be to collect on that 11,000,000 that your dead aunt left you in the will! What's that, it was a trust fund? Oh, will...trust fund...same thing...

This made me lol

look out for the Saudi Arabian Prince too

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Okay, moving on from the weekly topic of my inept usage of facebook, I have an idea! :mrgreen:

Although I'm sure we'll all be hanging out a lot, I was hoping to setup a TLS event. I propose a TLS brunch in August. All us regular readers/posters need to get together for a slightly more "gunner friendly" event.

So far the guest list would include all the regulars, but of course anyone else is welcome to come along too. Just post here if you would like to join in the fun.

We'll need a venue that caters to the needs of the Temple TLS clientele. So we would need the following:

Scotch for x7227.
Transparent employment statistics for Arvcondor.
A Nearby dog park for Oreo3405.
For me, well I'll need a good cell connection to obsessively check facebook.

Who's in?!
Last edited by Justathought on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Justathought wrote:Okay, moving on from the weekly topic of my inept usage of facebook, I have an idea! :mrgreen:

Although I'm sure we'll all be hanging out a lot, I was hoping to setup a TLS event. I propose a TLS brunch in August. All us regular readers/posters need to get together for a slightly more "gunner friendly" event.

So far the guest list would include all the regulars, but of course anyone else is welcome to come along too. Just post here if you would like to join in the fun.

We'll need a venue that caters to the needs of the Temple TLS clientele. So we would need the following:

Scotch for x7227.

Who's in?!
I'm in and I can even host if everyone likes tasty food (it was law school or culinary school for me)! Lurkers welcome as well, but you have to admit to secretly getting your gunner on (and do your pennance!) :wink:
Last edited by x7227 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:15 am

Justathought wrote:Okay, moving on from the weekly topic of my inept usage of facebook, I have an idea! :mrgreen:

Scotch for x7227.

Who's in?!
In! Although, i resent being called a gunner lol i just want to do well, i mean i don't need to be number 1 in the class or anything... top 1% will do ;) what's wrong with that?!

btw... can you please edit your post so you don't out me(which that sooo would). i know you and x7 know who i am but i'd like to keep the mystery alive for all the lurkers lol :)
Last edited by Peace of Mind on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:53 am

Done, Peace. :D

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

Justathought wrote:Done, Peace. :D
Haha thanks :)

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 am

She wanted to be edited, not erased...

Note to self: New Movie Idea...Eternal Sunshine of the Law School Mind

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:21 am

Scotch for x7227.

Who's in?!
i'm in! and the hubby can watch Oreo, haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:28 pm

x7227 wrote:

hahahahaha i love that movie and good lookin' out x7... but erased is fine too lol i don't care either way lol

glad you will be joining us ore :)

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

x7227 wrote:

Every once and a while this thread pleasantly surprises me.

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

0L LAWYERING ON FACEBOOK, FTW! :lol:

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:55 pm

x7227 wrote:0L LAWYERING ON FACEBOOK, FTW! :lol:
Having read Getting to Maybe and the first 100 pages of the Torts E&E, I now feel qualified to answer all questions regarding the Casey Anthony case. Ask away! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Justathought wrote:
Having read Getting to Maybe and the first 100 pages of the Torts E&E, I now feel qualified to answer all questions regarding the Casey Anthony case. Ask away! :P
Having read Getting to Maybe and the first 101 pages of the Torts E&E, I can say with confidence that this man is a quack who knows absolutely nothing! :P (jk)

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:12 pm

too bad our exams can't be conducted on facebook! that would seriously mess up the curve! :)

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:14 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Having read Getting to Maybe and the first 101 pages of the Torts E&E, I can say with confidence that this man is a quack who knows absolutely nothing! :P (jk)
hahahahahaha
gunner!!!

edited: for poor initial reading comprehension lol :)
Last edited by Peace of Mind on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
This is a perfect post. 180.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Justathought wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
This is a perfect post. 180.

hhahaha! love it lol.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:42 pm

TLS just stopped sending me notifications for new posts. Anyway, I endorse a TLS meetup.

What prep is everyone working on? I'm making my way through Law School Confidential but have yet to pick up any of Getting to Maybe or the E&Es.

Also, glad I've been pegged as the guy who focuses mostly on what our lives will be in three years.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Wait, Peace, are you going to Temple? I thought you opted for elsewhere.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:03 pm

arvcondor wrote:Wait, Peace, are you going to Temple? I thought you opted for elsewhere.

Yes! I will be going to Temple. I was going to go to Villanova but then I decided Temple would be a better fit overall... I also ended up getting more $$, so that was the icing on the cake for me. :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm

arvcondor wrote:TLS just stopped sending me notifications for new posts. Anyway, I endorse a TLS meetup.

What prep is everyone working on? I'm making my way through Law School Confidential but have yet to pick up any of Getting to Maybe or the E&Es.

Also, glad I've been pegged as the guy who focuses mostly on what our lives will be in three years.

lol I'm reading GTM but that's it... i'm not reading any E&E's or anything like that though.

justathought and x7... are you guys really reading E&E's or just saying you are to mess with TLS peeps? lol

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:
arvcondor wrote:TLS just stopped sending me notifications for new posts. Anyway, I endorse a TLS meetup.

lol I'm reading GTM but that's it... i'm not reading any E&E's or anything like that though.

justathought and x7... are you guys really reading E&E's or just saying you are to mess with TLS peeps? lol
I'm actually reading it. :oops:

Listen, I don't think it will help a great deal, but I just don't want to leave any chips on the table. I try and be light and easy about the whole process, but in the end I'm a very serious student and a very competitive person (though not outwardly so). Our class seems extremely smart and accomplished, so I feel this endeavor deserves nothing less than my best effort. I don't want to wonder what would have been had I only worked a little harder/smarter.

Don't worry though, I won't be an obnoxious gunner. I just plan on quietly working hard to succeed and hoping it turns out for the best.

And I still think there will be time for some fun along the way. :wink:

Edit: As for the Torts E&E itself. I plan on working through it, and a few other supplements very slowly over these next few months. My hope is that it will make the initial course framework slightly easier to digest, but I won't be certain of its effectiveness until we start. I get the feeling it won't be of too much use, but even if it helps a little, its worth it to me.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

Listen, I don't think it will help a great deal, but I just don't want to leave any chips on the table. I try and be light and easy about the whole process, but in the end I'm a very serious student and a very competitive person (though not outwardly so). Our class seems extremely smart and accomplished, so I feel this endeavor deserves nothing less than my best effort. I don't want to wonder what would have been had I only worked a little harder/smarter.

Don't worry though, I won't be an obnoxious gunner. I just plan on quietly working hard to succeed and hoping it turns out for the best.

Edit: As for the Torts E&E itself. I plan on working through it, and a few other supplements very slowly over these next few months. My hope is that it will make the initial course framework slightly easier to digest, but I won't be certain of its effectiveness until we start. I get the feeling it won't be of too much use, but even if it helps a little, its worth it to me.
i'm not knocking it... if you think it will help you even the slightest bit... more power to you! :) i understand not wanting to wonder what if?!

i would probably be doing the same thing if i hadn't spent the last 7 1/2 years going to school full-time and working full-time. i have to have this time off and not doing anything school related for my sanity lol i mean reading getting to maybe isn't even a big deal... i'm not intensely reading it... i'll do that once school starts because i think it will make more sense then lol

i'm not intimidated by our class at all because the way i look at it... it really doesn't matter how smart anyone is or what prestigious ug anyone went to... it all comes down to the exam and if you know how to take that exam and i don't think any of us are going to know if we're good at taking the exam until that time comes. my friend who just graduated law school told me there are plenty of people from ivy league schools in his class who ended up at the bottom of the class and he was in the top 10% and came from a state school... he just knew how to take the test better than some. he was pretty much just telling me work as hard as you can and at the end of the day know you did your best and that some of it is really out of your control... like you can't control how others do which partially determines your grade. he took some time to himself to just chill before going to law school and said it worked in his favor because he went in with his batteries recharged so to speak and to be honest i think it's helping me.

i think everyone preps for law school differently... some need/want to get ahead and some will be better off not doing that summer prep... i think it all just really comes down to the person.

an of course... we all have to have some fun in school... i think we'd go crazy if we just barricaded ourselves in the library all day everyday. we'd probably end up with some sort of vitamin d deficiency lol

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

i'm not knocking it... if you think it will help you even the slightest bit... more power to you! :) i understand not wanting to wonder what if?!

i would probably be doing the same thing if i hadn't spent the last 7 1/2 years going to school full-time and working full-time. i have to have this time off and not doing anything school related for my sanity lol i mean reading getting to maybe isn't even a big deal... i'm not intensely reading it... i'll do that once school starts because i think it will make more sense then lol

i'm not intimidated by our class at all because the way i look at it... it really doesn't matter how smart anyone is or what prestigious ug anyone went to... it all comes down to the exam and if you know how to take that exam and i don't think any of us are going to know if we're good at taking the exam until that time comes. my friend who just graduated law school told me there are plenty of people from ivy league schools in his class who ended up at the bottom of the class and he was in the top 10% and came from a state school... he just knew how to take the test better than some. he was pretty much just telling me work as hard as you can and at the end of the day know you did your best and that some of it is really out of your control... like you can't control how others do which partially determines your grade. he took some time to himself to just chill before going to law school and said it worked in his favor because he went in with his batteries recharged so to speak and to be honest i think it's helping me.

i think everyone preps for law school differently... some need/want to get ahead and some will be better off not doing that summer prep... i think it all just really comes down to the person.

an of course... we all have to have some fun in school... i think we'd go crazy if we just barricaded ourselves in the library all day everyday. we'd probably end up with some sort of vitamin d deficiency lol
I'm not reading it, I was just having a little fun with justathought ;-) I am, however, helping my two friends to study for the NY and NJ bar exams currently, so I go over all the BarBri stuff with them. :lol:

I'm sure we'll all do ok in Law School, and it will all turn out fine. This constant worrying is, more often than not, self defeating and leads to outbursts of unnecessary gunnering. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill, a couple deep breaths and maybe a hot bath/shower. I mean once you come to accept that 100% of our class has always been in the top 10-15% of every school they've ever been in, and, by definition, 50% of them will be in the BOTTOM half of our class...everything just seems to get a bit easier. There really is, at least to me, a lot less pressure once you learn to accept that fact as universal. Some people are going to do better on tests than others. Some people are going to be able to synthesize the material. Others won't. You're ability to succeed is not necessarily proportional to the effort expended. We're all great students. We're all qualified to be here. So given that it's largely out of our hands (assuming we all keep doing the things that got us here), I say unto you, in the words of my father, "what me worry?"

Btw, your class rank isn't going to be attached to you for all eternity. It potentially helps you get your first job (especially via OCI). After that, well, employers really care about what you bring to the table. 999/1000 times and employer will hire the guy/gal who can bring in business or who can help expand the practice in ways that they are looking to expand over someone who was ranked #1 in his/her class. Valedictorian (or order of the coif/law review/ect.) is a great moniker to have, and a resume booster for sure. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a firm would rather have the outgoing, business generating person ranked last in his/her class over an introverted valedictorian with no business portfolio to bring along with him. Just my experience though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”