Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Stonewall

Re: Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

jdemmitt wrote:And charlotte has michael jordan Nascar. Suck it ny. I wish melanie was staying for our tenure, sad day. But she was so sweet at asd.

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Not to offend anyone on here, but I will just go ahead and say what everyone else is already thinking: Nascar sucks. :wink: ..... But seriously. Michael Jordan can fly. MJ>Nascar.

**edited to include mandatory Jim Gaffigan reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E79xIZZYyGg

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Stonewall, who do you support for Nascar?

boom_cs

Postby boom_cs » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:59 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Stonewall, who do you support for Nascar?

I will forever be a Dick Trickle Fan
--ImageRemoved--

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Stonewall, who do you support for Nascar?

#29 Kevin Harvick

boom_cs

Postby boom_cs » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:02 pm

What was that show called about the Racing in WS?

I went to one as a kid but cannot remember what it was

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:04 pm

I could be in trouble. #24 Jeff Gordon.

SteelyDan

Postby SteelyDan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:06 pm

boom_cs wrote:What was that show called about the Racing in WS?

Madhouse on the History Channel. We definitely need to get a group together for one of those races!

boom_cs

Postby boom_cs » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:07 pm

SteelyDan wrote:

Madhouse on the History Channel. We definitely need to get a group together for one of those races!

Absolutely I'm in

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:09 pm

boom_cs wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:

Absolutely I'm in

same here

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Shoot, i'd even be up for that. Didn't realize WS had anything like that going on. I may knock nascar, but races can be pretty fun to go to. I've just never been able to really get into as a sport that I really pay attention to.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I could be in trouble. #24 Jeff Gordon.

how could you be in trouble, playing the odds you would get some love, since he is the fan favorite year after year

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 pm

What I have noticed is you hate jeff or you love him. At least back in the day when he was a young gun winner. Few were apathetic. Somehow I only found the haters.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 pm

MattThiessen wrote:Shoot, i'd even be up for that. Didn't realize WS had anything like that going on. I may knock nascar, but races can be pretty fun to go to. I've just never been able to really get into as a sport that I really pay attention to.

you must not be too close to daytona in FL, or it would be in your blood.

boom_cs

Postby boom_cs » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Stonewall wrote:

how could you be in trouble, playing the odds you would get some love, since he is the fan favorite year after year

Mention your preference for Jeff Gordon at Bowman Gray Stadium and no doubt homophobic slurs will be hurled your way. There can be quite a crowd at these things.

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Stonewall wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:Shoot, i'd even be up for that. Didn't realize WS had anything like that going on. I may knock nascar, but races can be pretty fun to go to. I've just never been able to really get into as a sport that I really pay attention to.

you must not be too close to daytona in FL, or it would be in your blood.

Good call! I'm on the Gulf Coast at the moment. They call it "Florida" but it's really Alabama.

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:24 pm

See, haters.

I miss watching nascar and hearing the engines roar.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 pm

boom_cs wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Mention your preference for Jeff Gordon at Bowman Gray Stadium and no doubt homophobic slurs will be hurled your way. There can be quite a crowd at these things.

flipside: hit lowes motor speedway on may 21st and you will get nothing but love

Nailjohnj

Postby Nailjohnj » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

As much as I hate to interrupt the NASCAR tangent that this thread has traveled on to (Mark Martin is the man, btw), but I am starting to shop for a laptop and was wondering if anyone knew if Wake has any discounts in place for its students. I know all the undergrads get a new Thinkpad, so I figured they might have a deal with Lenovo, but does anyone know of anything specific about that or any other company? And I noticed that a lot of people had Macs when I sat in on a class, would it be safe to call Wake Mac friendly? Its coming down to a Mac, Sony Vaio, or Thinkpad for me.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Nailjohnj wrote:As much as I hate to interrupt the NASCAR tangent that this thread has traveled on to (Mark Martin is the man, btw), but I am starting to shop for a laptop and was wondering if anyone knew if Wake has any discounts in place for its students. I know all the undergrads get a new Thinkpad, so I figured they might have a deal with Lenovo, but does anyone know of anything specific about that or any other company? And I noticed that a lot of people had Macs when I sat in on a class, would it be safe to call Wake Mac friendly? Its coming down to a Mac, Sony Vaio, or Thinkpad for me.

The school has both a Lenovo and and Apple discount.

http://zsr.wfu.edu/about/lenovo

http://www.apple.com/edu/wfu

I personally think a Lenovo is the way to go. If you get a really good one it could last you for a few years after school too.

EDIT:

GOF-I actually didn't apply to UNC because I didn't like the vibe I got from them, plus I didn't want to write the extra essays, lol.

AND...NASCAR sucks. I don't understand the point of watching a bunch of cars go in circles for a couple hours.

jetergrl2ss

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:42 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Nailjohnj wrote:As much as I hate to interrupt the NASCAR tangent that this thread has traveled on to (Mark Martin is the man, btw), but I am starting to shop for a laptop and was wondering if anyone knew if Wake has any discounts in place for its students. I know all the undergrads get a new Thinkpad, so I figured they might have a deal with Lenovo, but does anyone know of anything specific about that or any other company? And I noticed that a lot of people had Macs when I sat in on a class, would it be safe to call Wake Mac friendly? Its coming down to a Mac, Sony Vaio, or Thinkpad for me.

The school has both a Lenovo and and Apple discount.

http://zsr.wfu.edu/about/lenovo

http://www.apple.com/edu/wfu

I personally think a Lenovo is the way to go. If you get a really good one it could last you for a few years after school too.

EDIT:

GOF-I actually didn't apply to UNC because I didn't like the vibe I got from them, plus I didn't want to write the extra essays, lol.

AND...NASCAR sucks. I don't understand the point of watching a bunch of cars go in circles for a couple hours.

The best part about NASCAR is the tail gate!

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

See, that's where I can at least agree a little bit with NASCAR people. The "sport" itself doesn't appeal to me, but you can have fun going to a race. Not necessarily because you will enjoy watching the race itself... More for the general experience. That being said, once every 3 years or so is way more than enough for me and watching it on TV is out of the question for me. :D

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm

MattThiessen wrote:See, that's where I can at least agree a little bit with NASCAR people. The "sport" itself doesn't appeal to me, but you can have fun going to a race. Not necessarily because you will enjoy watching the race itself... More for the general experience. That being said, once every 3 years or so is way more than enough for me and watching it on TV is out of the question for me. :D

This...or listening to it on the radio.

On another note....has the school cashed anyone's seat deposit check? Mine still hasn't come through.

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 pm

I sent a cashiers check... so idk.

edit: another day of smith/shaver...

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:06 pm

SteelyDan wrote:You know what I just heard today? Melanie Nutt is retiring! I'm happy that we're in the last class she admitted, she's one of the reasons I ultimately chose Wake. The way she and her staff run the admissions process is so down to earth and personal that it made me feel like Wake is truly a great place to spend 3 years of my life. It was a welcome change from how other schools do things (cought UNC cough). It's really too bad we won't see her in the fall!

She was supposed to retire last year, but I guess they couldn't find anyone so she offered to stay for another year. She was one of the reasons I chose Wake too. It was great having her around this year.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”