Wake Forest University School of Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
girlonfire

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Idk yet. I have until May 1 to decide. Anyone want to convince me to stay with Wake?
if this thread is any indication of how our social/academic lives will be, I think you'd be silly to NOT go to wfu :D

in all seriousness, I've been pleasantly amazed by how friendly, warm, intelligent and open WFUers & potential WFUers have been.
<3 this thread.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:45 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Idk yet. I have until May 1 to decide. Anyone want to convince me to stay with Wake?
also, i did a year of UG at seton hall & hated it so much that I didnt even apply to the LS, despite it being 20 min from my home now...
I wouldnt go there for free AND a stipend.
but thats just me :wink:

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 pm

FWIW i got 35k chancellors scholarship to seton hall (taking into account their higher COA + lower rank + undesirable location) I didnt even give them a second thought after i got my wake acceptance + scholarship.

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

girlonfire wrote:
also, i did a year of UG at seton hall & hated it so much that I didnt even apply to the LS, despite it being 20 min from my home now...
I wouldnt go there for free AND a stipend.
but thats just me :wink:
Yeah everyone I have ever heard said they did not enjoy Seton Hall. But that being said, Free LS would be nice but it sounds like you got a good scholly to Wake so its a tough one.

I'd stick with Wake

gogamecocks

New

Post by gogamecocks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Fine. I usually hate doing this... but check your inbox for pics...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 pm

gogamecocks wrote:
Fine. I usually hate doing this... but check your inbox for pics...
^^^ no fair :( i wanna see pics

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, it truly depends on where you want to work after graduation--New England/Mid Atlantic, or the Southeast.

I also read somewhere that Seton Hall is one of the least "fun" law schools--as in people are not into partying/the social scene. So if that is important to you----GO WAKE! :-)

If where you end up practicing doesn't matter to you...I'd say go Wake due to rank/COL/ and the awesomeness of all of us in this thread :-)

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:12 pm

These are all pretty convincing arguments, but it was gamecocks pictures that sold me ;). After talking it over with the rents I think I am going to thank Seton Hall for their offer and continue on with my plans to go to Wake.

iambeautiful

Bronze

Post by iambeautiful » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:14 pm

can we see the pic pretty please :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gogamecocks

New

Post by gogamecocks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm

iambeautiful wrote:can we see the pic pretty please :cry:
I guess I'm gonna have to start doing sit-ups if everyone is trying to get a sneak peak at the goods.

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes, let us see the picture that could tear someone away from choosing to spend 3 years of their lives in the beautiful state of New Jersey (pronounced like Fred Armissen would if he were playing David Patterson on SNL) instead of ugly old North Carolina...

Oh. Wait... Nevermind...

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Woah, for some reason my email didnt send me my notice that there were any updates to this thread today. Odd. I am sure you all missed me.

Guess Smith/Shaver did not come out today. I really just hope a TLSer gets it, so I know the winner deserves it.

Yankeesfan, would you really leave Jeterfangirl(or whatever the name is) as the only yankee fan here?

Edit: gof, how goes the roommate search? I saw that you posted on the FB page. Any luck?

Also, was it Gamecock's pic or mine that swayed you? How can you resist a bearded man? Rawr.
Last edited by jdemmitt on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Your right jdemmitt, that would be irresponsible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:19 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Woah, for some reason my email didnt send me my notice that there were any updates to this thread today. Odd. I am sure you all missed me.

Guess Smith/Shaver did not come out today. I really just hope a TLSer gets it, so I know the winner deserves it.

Yankeesfan, would you really leave Jeterfangirl(or whatever the name is) as the only yankee fan here?

Edit: GOF, how goes the roommate search? I saw that you posted on the FB page. Any luck?

Also, was it Gamecock's pic or mine that swayed you? How can you resist a bearded man? Rawr.
FTFY (lets not out eachother on TLS please :))
no roomie yet... prob gonna get a 2br and just use the second room for a library until I find a decent roomy... ughhhhhh
also, booo for u & NC being married... am I gonna be the 5th wheel foreva :lol:

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:20 pm

also, WTF thread??? why havent i seen any pics?? :cry:

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Sorry, fixt. I keep forgetting since everyone has figured me out, somehow.

2br is the way to go!

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Sorry, fixt. I keep forgetting since everyone has figured me out, somehow.

2br is the way to go!
hahahahahah no worries... it was super hard to figure u out, but I used that neat decoder ring you sent and BAM! your identity jumped right out at me :wink: :lol:

yah.. I def can't do a 1 br. have u & the mrs picked a place yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:43 pm

girlonfire wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:Sorry, fixt. I keep forgetting since everyone has figured me out, somehow.

2br is the way to go!
hahahahahah no worries... it was super hard to figure u out, but I used that neat decoder ring you sent and BAM! your identity jumped right out at me :wink: :lol:

yah.. I def can't do a 1 br. have u & the mrs picked a place yet?
Lol, I was originally just using this site to swap ps's, so I didn't use my typical signon, but you all are so engaging. Curses.

Anyway, we have two or three places. I might send the misses out to go pick one. It matters more to her than me.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 am

girlonfire wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:Woah, for some reason my email didnt send me my notice that there were any updates to this thread today. Odd. I am sure you all missed me.

Edit: GOF, how goes the roommate search? I saw that you posted on the FB page. Any luck?

My husband won't actually be living with me :-). So I will be geographically single.

FTFY (lets not out eachother on TLS please :))
no roomie yet... prob gonna get a 2br and just use the second room for a library until I find a decent roomy... ughhhhhh
also, booo for u & NC being married... am I gonna be the 5th wheel foreva :lol:

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:05 am

Quick Question: I thought I had a good definition of BigLaw but i think i was mistaken. How do you guys define it?

Wanted to post it here so I don't get yelled at like I would on one of the other forums

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 am

150+ attorneys, multiple offices, market rate salary (120's for smaller cities, 160's for larger ones)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:12 am

YankeesFan wrote:150+ attorneys, multiple offices, market rate salary (120's for smaller cities, 160's for larger ones)
Ok thats why I was thinking but I had heard some things about how it had to be in one of the top markets also.

Thanks Yankees Fan, Red Sox suck

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:12 am

YankeesFan wrote:150+ attorneys, multiple offices, market rate salary (120's for smaller cities, 160's for larger ones)

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 am

Soul crushing atmosphere, hatred of all things living, inability to have a life, road rage tendencies, and long hours.

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 am

Don't forget, Biglaw is defined by the job responsibilities of its associates too. Any job where you have to kill newborn puppies, steal candy from children, push the elderly and destroy the environment are all considered to be biglaw jobs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”