Wake Forest University School of Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
girlonfire

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

Post by girlonfire » Fri May 06, 2011 9:13 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Let's all take a moment to remind ourselves that we are awesome.
8)

NC, that sounds like one of the many stories i've heard that have inspired me to go to law school...

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon May 09, 2011 10:05 pm

why did this thread suddenly die?? :cry:

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Not a lot happening. I did my Dean certification today and sent in my final transcript. How fun. Still need to finish my Mpn. Ugh .

For the record, am I going to be shunned in the fall for not coming to HH?

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Not a lot happening. I did my Dean certification today and sent in my final transcript. How fun. Still need to finish my Mpn. Ugh .

this. im very worried about this.

maybe we should ask in the students taking questions thread??

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Well I think depends on the people going this year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I for one, will personally refrain from making eye contact with those who do not come to HH. No HH=not my classmates.

But seriously, I don't think anyone will care. HH is just an opportunity to meet people and while on the first day or two of orientation you might not be as social since you haven't already met people, it is not going to make a difference in the long run.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Don't worry guys...I'll still <3 you in the fall even though you aren't coming to HH.

:-)

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Is it wrong that I get annoyed by the people on fb posting their houses? Ya that is nice, offering residency but that is our page, come on.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon May 09, 2011 10:52 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Is it wrong that I get annoyed by the people on fb posting their houses? Ya that is nice, offering residency but that is our page, come on.
Meh...doesn't really bother me. I think it is good to know if a house is from an alum. They are more likely to be lenient on things like pets/credit history. :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm

You are a better person than me NC.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 pm

so, on an unrelated note:

I'm gonna get a bell with a very distinct tone, and when we're all at wfu, i'll randomly ring it

and when all the wfuers ITT hear it, they'll know that this bell ringing means it's time for our daily silent contemplation of how awesome we are.

so there's that.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 11:40 pm

I have to get a gong. All scrub fans know what I am talking about.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon May 09, 2011 11:41 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I have to get a gong. All scrub fans know what I am talking about.
:shock: :shock:

you'd like never have to ring it for me, as my SO will be living 4 hours away... :x

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 pm

YankeesFan wrote:I for one, will personally refrain from making eye contact with those who do not come to HH. No HH=not my classmates.

But seriously, I don't think anyone will care. HH is just an opportunity to meet people and while on the first day or two of orientation you might not be as social since you haven't already met people, it is not going to make a difference in the long run.
I know for me, not going to HH means I will be extra social! People going to HH have a little bit of a head start - gotta make up for lost time. :) Plus with so many people coming to Wake next year from out of state, I'm sure it's going to be difficult for a majority of the class to make it. I'm in NY and that 12 hr drive both ways is less than appealing (as is the money I would be spending to drive, get a hotel, etc.)

And YankeesFan, you can't not be my friend just for missing HH. As fellow Yankees faithful in a hostile environment we gotta stick together.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon May 09, 2011 11:45 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I for one, will personally refrain from making eye contact with those who do not come to HH. No HH=not my classmates.

I know for me, not going to HH means I will be extra social! People going to HH have a little bit of a head start - gotta make up for lost time. :) Plus with so many people coming to Wake next year from out of state, I'm sure it's going to be difficult for a majority of the class to make it. I'm in NY and that 12 hr drive both ways is less than appealing (as is the money I would be spending to drive, get a hotel, etc.)

And YankeesFan, you can't not be my friend just for missing HH. As fellow Yankees faithful in a hostile environment we gotta stick together.
12 hours??? I'm in north NJ, like 30 min from NYC. I can get to WS in 8. (7 if i drive like I stole it)
ur not in NYC, r u??

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I have to let my boy in utah know all is kicking. I am going to miss my bff.

Man, I just love us.

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 pm

girlonfire wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:

12 hours??? I'm in north NJ, like 30 min from NYC. I can get to WS in 8. (7 if i drive like I stole it)
ur not in NYC, r u??
I'm upstate.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:06 am

Not NYC or LI = Not NYS :wink:

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Tue May 10, 2011 12:07 am

YankeesFan wrote:Not NYC or LI = Not NYS :wink:
Haha you sound like half the people I go to school with (aka people from NYC or LI).

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:10 am

Haha thats because I grew up on Strong Island.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Tue May 10, 2011 6:13 am

girlonfire wrote:so, on an unrelated note:

I'm gonna get a bell with a very distinct tone, and when we're all at wfu, i'll randomly ring it

and when all the wfuers ITT hear it, they'll know that this bell ringing means it's time for our daily silent contemplation of how awesome we are.

so there's that.
This is fantastic! JD--I don't watch that show but from GOF's response I can gather what that is used for, lol. I second her response too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 am

jetergrl2ss wrote:
girlonfire wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:

ur not in NYC, r u??
I'm upstate.
Me too! Where in upstate are you from? PM if you'd rather.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:38 am

jdemmitt wrote:Not a lot happening. I did my Dean certification today and sent in my final transcript. How fun. Still need to finish my Mpn. Ugh .

Definitely not. Here's how it went last year. There was probably about 40 or so that went to HH last year (not sure of the exact total, especially because there were parents and significant others there too). On Saturday, about 10 of us went out to dinner and out to a few bars. I really got to know them and kept in touch with them over the summer. A lot of us moved to Winston-Salem in the beginning of August, so we had about 2 weeks with nothing to do. So, people had parties, invited people over for pool parties, went out to dinner, went out to bars, etc. More and more people came to each event, including people who didn't go to HH. So, by the time orientation started, I probably knew about 1/3 of the class.

Even if you don't go to HH, it's easy to get invited to these events as long as you know someone (from here or FB) that is invited. I'm glad I went to HH because it helped me get to know people, and it helped from feeling left out. However, the group of people I hang out with now are mostly people who didn't go to HH. I think the best thing to do is to just put yourself out there - go to events that other people are going to, make the first step and introduce yourself to people, etc.

icydash

Bronze

Post by icydash » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 am

Hey everyone -- 1L here.

I'll start having free time again after I finish my civ pro final tomorrow haha, and I'd be happy to answer any questions tstyler hasn't already answered.
Last edited by icydash on Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 am

I think you underestimate sheer awesomeness of those ITT. The exact opposite will happen. We will shun all of those who go to the house hunt!

Also
jdemmitt wrote:You are a better person than me NC.
TITCR.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”