Wake Forest University School of Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
MattThiessen

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest University School of Law 2014

Post by MattThiessen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm

I also got the e-mail back in March...

And I will echo that as well jdemmitt, has anyone found any "Wake Law" gear anywhere? I haven't been able to find it anywhere so far either... Maybe we can just buy Wake Forest shirts and then put a piece of duct tape with "LAW" written in sharpie underneath the WF?? Stayin' classy!

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm

MattThiessen wrote:I also got the e-mail back in March...

And I will echo that as well jdemmitt, has anyone found any "Wake Law" gear anywhere? I haven't been able to find it anywhere so far either... Maybe we can just buy Wake Forest shirts and then put a piece of duct tape with "LAW" written in sharpie underneath the WF?? Stayin' classy!

TY. I should have bought something when I was there in February. Fail. Although, I am still owed a prize for coming the furthest away for my ASD. Unless she was kidding...

JENNY HELP.

EDIT: Although this would be a waste of her time.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Call the Deacon Shop on campus (336) 758-5606. They've got 2 t'shirts (one black, one white), 1 grey hoodie and a khaki cap. I've got the lady that runs the shop emailing me pictures, I'll put them on facebook as soon as I get them.
Hope this helps!
I emailed Jenny and this is what she told me. Looks like we got options.

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:59 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
Call the Deacon Shop on campus (336) 758-5606. They've got 2 t'shirts (one black, one white), 1 grey hoodie and a khaki cap. I've got the lady that runs the shop emailing me pictures, I'll put them on facebook as soon as I get them.
Hope this helps!
Ahhh, I see. Very nice. I had been to their website, but couldn't find anything on there. I guess it Wake Law stuff just isn't popular enough to make it up onto the website.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:08 pm

The availability of wake law apparel was dismal at the deacon shop. More so, it was bland and manly. A few of us girls tried our hand at customizing shirts but Jenny says the deacon is only for sports so you can't use it on those make your own sites...legally, lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

NCtoDC wrote:More so, it was bland and manly. A few of us girls tried our hand at customizing shirts but Jenny says the deacon is only for sports so you can't use it on those make your own sites...legally, lol.

Looks like I am good then. :wink:

Once I see the pics I will choose something. Although I might wait till I get there in July now. Hmm. Any chance we will see some give aways as prizes as 1ls? I like to dream.

The question is I suppose, will the weather be sufficient for wearing a sweater or should I go shirt?

EDIT: Pics up on WF FB.

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 am

Figured out my FAFSA problem, turns out I filled out the 2010-2011 FAFSA instead of the 2011-2012 one.

Attention to detail, is that a good skill to have in law school....

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am

boom_cs wrote:Figured out my FAFSA problem, turns out I filled out the 2010-2011 FAFSA instead of the 2011-2012 one.

Oh shoot. When is the deadline for that? Is it going to mess you up?

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

jdemmitt wrote:
boom_cs wrote:Figured out my FAFSA problem, turns out I filled out the 2010-2011 FAFSA instead of the 2011-2012 one.

Oh shoot. When is the deadline for that? Is it going to mess you up?
I do not think so. Diane at the FInancial Aid office did not seem to think so. I think I am only taking out like 10k so hopefully I can get that still.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am

Ok
Whew that would be a doozy otherwise.

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 am

jdemmitt wrote:
Hope this helps!
The options at the Deacon Shop are pretty lousy, but, every year SBA does a clothing sale right before Christmas, so you can stock up on stuff for yourself and friends and family. They do sweatshirts, t-shirts, athletic shorts, sweatpants, pretty much all you could ask for. Excellent Christmas presents for really cheap. I got some athletic shorts for 15 bucks a pop this year.

(Sorry for snooping in the '14 thread, but I have one paper left to right before I can graduate, and I don't want to write it, so I'm procrastinating the best I can!)

wester0

New

Post by wester0 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 am

Here are some pictures of the WFU Law gear that I got a few days ago. I don't have a facebook so I don't know if any pictures of this stuff have been uploaded there yet. I'll leave these here in case they haven't and for those of you without a FB account.

Hat
Hoodie
Black Shirt

Sorry about the image quality/dog hair, especially on the shirt. The hoodie's fabric seems to be pretty high quality but the printing looks halfassed. I really like the shirt; It's comfortable and is really well done. The old gold lettering is textured amd kind of sparkles too. The hat is pretty nice as well. I received this stuff as gifts but my mom told me that she just called the deacon store and paid a shipping charge to get them mailed to her house.
Last edited by wester0 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boom_cs

Bronze

Post by boom_cs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Just curious, any other UNC undergrads going to Wake next year? Or more broadly what UG did the people on the board go to?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 pm

GW

hoos29

New

Post by hoos29 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:59 pm

boom_cs wrote:Just curious, any other UNC undergrads going to Wake next year? Or more broadly what UG did the people on the board go to?
Yeah I'm a UNC senior

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Wow... I stop reading this thread for two weeks and I feel like I'm a year behind on everything! haha. So here's some belated input from me, since I know everyone here really cares :D
1. I think Nascar is boring
2. I still think legally making our own WFU Law gear is the best way to go. I don't want a plain oversized, ill-fitting man's tshirt/hoodie, gosh darnit!
3. I looked at some apartments online that are a little bit farther away from the law school, and they offer some good amenities at a great price! I'm not the type to walk to class so I don't care if a place is within walking distance to school (I live on the edge of my campus right now and I still drive to get to class). Anyone else with me? Bc when it starts snowing, no way am I going to want to walk around outside for long periods of time! (by long periods, I mean anything over like 5-10 minutes)
4. Was/is there a deadline to reply to that financial aid letter we received awhile ago about loan money and all that?

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 pm

leidice wrote:Wow... I stop reading this thread for two weeks and I feel like I'm a year behind on everything! haha. So here's some belated input from me, since I know everyone here really cares :D
2. I still think legally making our own WFU Law gear is the best way to go. I don't want a plain oversized, ill-fitting man's tshirt/hoodie, gosh darnit!
3. I looked at some apartments online that are a little bit farther away from the law school, and they offer some good amenities at a great price! I'm not the type to walk to class so I don't care if a place is within walking distance to school (I live on the edge of my campus right now and I still drive to get to class). Anyone else with me? Bc when it starts snowing, no way am I going to want to walk around outside for long periods of time! (by long periods, I mean anything over like 5-10 minutes)
4. Was/is there a deadline to reply to that financial aid letter we received awhile ago about loan money and all that?

OMG, you are alive. We heard you went to go fight Osama single handed and we were worried!

1. Boo.
2. Hell ya. To get out of copyright issues lets make "Wake Thicket Law" shirts with the mascot the "Angry Priest".
3. Me too, driving ftw. Also, I dont know how much snow they get, it better not be a lot.
4. Yea, I think it is in June.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:01 pm

jdemmitt wrote: OMG, you are alive. We heard you went to go fight Osama single handed and we were worried!

1. Boo.
2. Hell ya. To get out of copyright issues lets make "Wake Thicket Law" shirts with the mascot the "Angry Priest".
3. Me too, driving ftw. Also, I dont know how much snow they get, it better not be a lot.
4. Yea, I think it is in June.
2. I seriously lol'd.
3. Coming from someone originally from the midwest: They don't really get snow. Maybe a few times each year but the snow is usually hardly noticeable (notable exception of this past year when they actually did get a few decent snowfalls). Certainly nothing serious.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:15 pm

leidice wrote:Wow... I stop reading this thread for two weeks and I feel like I'm a year behind on everything! haha. So here's some belated input from me, since I know everyone here really cares :D
What apartments did you find? I don't understand the whole need to be super close to campus either. Usual snowfall for us is max 3 inches at a time. But the last two winters have been unusually bad.

carl77

New

Post by carl77 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 pm

1. You need to take in a race at CMS :)
2. +1
3. Anyone on the boards checking out the WFU owned graduate housing? I'm driving up there tomorrow to look at some places and might put down a deposit. I hear everyone talking about the Crown complexes, but if these WFU houses are in good shape, it seems like a great deal.
4. I hope not. I emailed the director back today. Were we supposed to print it out and mail it in ?

Ben

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:27 pm

TT moves quite fast.

Jdem, I can't believe you've done all ur fin aid stuff, minus the MPN! I don't even remember how to get started. I think after graduation (mid may) I'll start frantically getting my affairs in order.

dont forget to renew you Passports, errybody :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 pm

girlonfire wrote:TT moves quite fast.

Jdem, I can't believe you've done all ur fin aid stuff, minus the MPN! I don't even remember how to get started. I think after graduation (mid may) I'll start frantically getting my affairs in order.

dont forget to renew you Passports, errybody :D
Why passports?

Also, GOF, I'm really bummed I haven't figured out who you are on FB yet lol

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 pm

I haven´t been able to figure you out yet either GOF.

On that note, has anyone been successful in matching FB accounts with usernames? I think I have only managed to guess like 3 or 4 of them.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:25 pm

I have a fair amount, but I also then forget who is who. Although my identity is safe. Mustache twist.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:Why passports?

Also, GOF, I'm really bummed I haven't figured out who you are on FB yet lol
PPs cuz they come in handy for ID and are wayyyyyyy better than DLs for doing fin aid & registration stuff (i always have to show mine, cuz they never believe I'm a damn citizen) also, we may need to travel... so i've read... who knows if thats true tho.
YankeesFan wrote:I haven´t been able to figure you out yet either GOF.

On that note, has anyone been successful in matching FB accounts with usernames? I think I have only managed to guess like 3 or 4 of them.
As for my FB, I'll PM u both :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”