UConn Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Heartford

Bronze

Re: UConn Class of 2014

Post by Heartford » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Bear46 wrote:
Awesome, thanks. I was trying to decide what bag to bring. One more thing, is there a particular dress code for orientation? I don't think I saw anything in our info requesting business casual and since we have our community service events on Friday I assumed it can't be extremely dressy at least that day...but I know some schools do want business casual. Any ideas?
Orientation is 100% casual. Shorts, t-shirts, flip flops would be 100% ok and expected.

BrittaBot wrote:On a similar note, what's the temperature like in classrooms/the library and such? I'm very temperature-sensitive and get extremely distracted if I'm cold, so I want to know what I should wear. My undergrad liked to blast the air in classrooms to the point where in some of them they had the AC on 68 during WINTER.
Good question. The classrooms actually get VERY cold. They're air conditioned in the warmer months and the heat doesn't work very well in the winter months. That being said, on some random days they are VERY hot. Layers are an excellent idea.
snapdragon wrote: I just was going to ask that! I was thinking of wearing a casual dress for orientation and if there's killer AC, I want to at least throw a sweater in my giant bag of doom.
My above comment doesn't really apply to orientation, since you won't actually be in classrooms for those days. You'll spend most of your time either outside or in Starr Hall (specifically, Starr Reading Room) and the temperature in there is usually pretty good, regardless of the time of year. If you get chilly easily, an easily-bagged sweater is a good idea though.
snapdragon wrote:Heartford, if a prof doesn't post, do you just go to the bookstore and pick up books there, a la undergrad?
Yeah, if there's nothing on TWEN you should still purchase the books for the class that are listed on the Co-Op "textbooks to go" site, or directly from the bookstore on campus.

Lastly, I lurked on the TLS UConn thread last year and noticed that these threads seem to become dead silent after orientation. If you still have the need for anonymous 2L help in the coming months, please feel free to PM me or post on here. (That being said, you should definitely also feel free to approach any 2L or 3L in person- UConn is full of friendly people who love giving advice!) Good luck everybody!

tgreene

New

Post by tgreene » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Hope to see everyone at Tisane's this evening for happy hour! We will be there closer to 5 and will have a table/area, just ask a member of the staff for the 1L party.

downing

Bronze

Post by downing » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 pm

tgreene wrote:Hope to see everyone at Tisane's this evening for happy hour! We will be there closer to 5 and will have a table/area, just ask a member of the staff for the 1L party.
Yay!

freestylr782

New

Post by freestylr782 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey, does anyone know when we get our reimbursement checks? do we have to do anything to get them?

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 pm

tgreene wrote:Hope to see everyone at Tisane's this evening for happy hour! We will be there closer to 5 and will have a table/area, just ask a member of the staff for the 1L party.
Sorry I'll miss it :( Had to go home to the parents' to take care of some housework while they're on vacation. The things I'm already doing for a little bit of spare cash ;)

Hope to catch up with y'all at graduation/ the event at Tisane's next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

downing

Bronze

Post by downing » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 pm

freestylr782 wrote:Hey, does anyone know when we get our reimbursement checks? do we have to do anything to get them?
You ought to receive them on the first day of classes.

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:43 pm

snapdragon wrote:
Hope to catch up with y'all at graduation
Sounds like somebody is planning on becoming a true library gnome!

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:45 pm

downing wrote:
freestylr782 wrote:Hey, does anyone know when we get our reimbursement checks? do we have to do anything to get them?
You ought to receive them on the first day of classes.
You ought to, but you probably won't. They usually come out during the first week, or sometimes the second week of classes.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Heartford wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
Hope to catch up with y'all at graduation
Sounds like somebody is planning on becoming a true library gnome!
Haha, the stress of moving is obviously messing with my head. Orientation. I.e. tomorrow. I'll be the girl silently weeping while holding a copy of my credit card bill.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jemenfous5

New

Post by jemenfous5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

Hopefully someone still reads this thread...

I want to apply to UConn this fall. My gpa is 3.37 and I just got my LSAT score (1st attempt). I was a bit disappointed with my 159 ( did really badly on logic games because I only finished two games). Should I apply now with my 159 and send my December scores in January? Or would it be better to wait until I get my dec score which hopefully will be better?

Thanks!

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:19 pm

jemenfous5 wrote:Hopefully someone still reads this thread...

I want to apply to UConn this fall. My gpa is 3.37 and I just got my LSAT score (1st attempt). I was a bit disappointed with my 159 ( did really badly on logic games because I only finished two games). Should I apply now with my 159 and send my December scores in January? Or would it be better to wait until I get my dec score which hopefully will be better?

Thanks!
Unless you are an URM or you want the PT program, I'd wait..
check lawschoolpredictor, you're in rough territory with those numbers.

mebo28

New

Post by mebo28 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:25 pm

jemenfous5 wrote:Hopefully someone still reads this thread...

Thanks!
Honestly, unless you think you could bump your LSAT to a 165, I would probably apply now. The sooner you apply, the better it is for you or anyone else. Your scores are in range. I know people who got in with worse.

In my personal opinion, if your in range or on the low side, it is better to apply as early as possible. They are going to take people at your range, but it will most likly be first come first serve.

jemenfous5

New

Post by jemenfous5 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 am

If anyone is still checking this thread, could someone help out a UConn 0L and send me a syllabus from any first year property course? I'll PM you my email address if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blue920

New

Post by blue920 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:38 am

jemenfous5 wrote:If anyone is still checking this thread, could someone help out a UConn 0L and send me a syllabus from any first year property course? I'll PM you my email address if anyone is willing. Thanks!
I'll send you mine.

sergiokun16

Bronze

Post by sergiokun16 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:42 am

Hey everyone, I am hoping to be a member of UConn Law '16, was just wondering how some of you liked your first year. Any advice for applying? Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”