Rutgers Law | Newark Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
simonmulletxcore

New

Re: Rutgers Law | Newark Class of 2014

Post by simonmulletxcore » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Does University Square have singles or does only Talbott have the single rooms in a 4 room suite?

I'm filling out the housing forms today and am a little confused about what kinds of rooms University Square offers if I agree to the 12 month lease.

Anyone know more about University Square? I wasn't able to stay for the tours of the apartments during the open house so now I feel confused. :oops:

alexanderhamilton

New

Post by alexanderhamilton » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

I think University Square is all singles while Talbott is shared but I'm not sure I wasn't there either.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Univeristy square doesn't have four suite rooms. They have a couple 2 room/doubles suites and then 3 room/single suites. Talbott has 4 room/single suites and some 2 room/doubles. There are only like 4 or 6 doubles available in Uni. according to the floor lay out on the reslife website, so most likely you'd end up in a triple(?). Which look like this (LinkRemoved).
Both have some doubles, and a lot of singles. University square only has 3 rooms as the largest suite, while Talbott has 4 as the most rooms.
This is of course all just based off the reslife site and my knowledge of floor plan reading that I got from HGTV.

simonmulletxcore

New

Post by simonmulletxcore » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:55 pm

alexanderhamilton wrote:I think University Square is all singles while Talbott is shared but I'm not sure I wasn't there either.
MrMisiu wrote:Univeristy square doesn't have four suite rooms. They have a couple 2 room/doubles suites and then 3 room/single suites. Talbott has 4 room/single suites and some 2 room/doubles. There are only like 4 or 6 doubles available in Uni. according to the floor lay out on the reslife website, so most likely you'd end up in a triple(?). Which look like this (LinkRemoved).
Both have some doubles, and a lot of singles. University square only has 3 rooms as the largest suite, while Talbott has 4 as the most rooms.
This is of course all just based off the reslife site and my knowledge of floor plan reading that I got from HGTV.
Okay, thanks guys! :) I didn't see that floorplan my first time looking at the reslife site so that's really helpful.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am

Anyone else having difficulty getting a housing application? I didn't have Newark Grad as an option, so I called and was told to email someone. I emailed said someone and forgot to include my RUID, they pleasantly asked for it and I responded with it within an hour. Never heard back after that. So I shot off another email a couple days later from my RU email with all my info and I just got a 'swamped with application emails' email telling me to wait. It's been over a week since the first email and it will be a week tomorrow since I sent off Friday's. Kinda irked since it seems like there are a lot of grads applying for housing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jwargoru

New

Post by jwargoru » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Anyone else having difficulty getting a housing application? I didn't have Newark Grad as an option, so I called and was told to email someone. I emailed said someone and forgot to include my RUID, they pleasantly asked for it and I responded with it within an hour. Never heard back after that. So I shot off another email a couple days later from my RU email with all my info and I just got a 'swamped with application emails' email telling me to wait. It's been over a week since the first email and it will be a week tomorrow since I sent off Friday's. Kinda irked since it seems like there are a lot of grads applying for housing.
Same issue here. I emailed over a week ago and then called a few days after that. I received a similar response in that they are swamped right now.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Did any of you kids get the email and are considering going to the scholarship recipient dinner next month??

alexanderhamilton

New

Post by alexanderhamilton » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I have finals so probably not.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Did any of you kids get the email and are considering going to the scholarship recipient dinner next month??
I got that e-mail. I live in New York still for the time being, with no car and no idea how to even begin to get there. All the directions were about how to drive there so...uh, wha?
I'm debating whether I should try to figure out a way to get there - I plan to go into public interest not corporate/biglaw, but it seems like a good networking event anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:39 pm

:shock:
Oooookay, so rental car or skip it. Spending the next three years car-free in NJ is going to have its challenges at times.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 am

Are you in the city or outside of it?
I'm not any percent positive if I'll be going yet since I'm waiting on something, but if I do go (if you want) you can train in somewhere and meet up with me and catch a ride there and then back to which ever station you arrive at.
I'm slightly interested since it's networking yadda yadda, and I want to learn to do that (read; socialize).

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:44 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Are you in the city or outside of it?
I'm not any percent positive if I'll be going yet since I'm waiting on something, but if I do go (if you want) you can train in somewhere and meet up with me and catch a ride there and then back to which ever station you arrive at.
I'm slightly interested since it's networking yadda yadda, and I want to learn to do that (read; socialize).
Yep, in the city. I'd be coming from work, and my office is near Penn Station. That would be so great if you end up being able to do that! Even if you end up not going, it's really kind of you to offer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I got the call I was waiting for this morning, so I'm pretty positive I'll be going so feel free to come with.
As the date gets closer we'll discuss the color of the matching Hawaiian shirts we'll wear. Oh and the logistics too.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:55 am

MrMisiu wrote:I got the call I was waiting for this morning, so I'm pretty positive I'll be going so feel free to come with.
As the date gets closer we'll discuss the color of the matching Hawaiian shirts we'll wear. Oh and the logistics too.
Excellent! I think we can mix it up with the color of the Hawaiian shirts as long as we both wear cowboy hats to tie it all together.

lmperri

New

Post by lmperri » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

I apologize if this question has been answered for this most recent year but I tried to look and couldnt find it...

Has anyone been able to confirm that Rutgers Newark is still doing in-state tuition for first year as long as you sign a lease in NJ? If so, does anyone know the process for doing this and if it has to be done by a certain date?

Thanks!! See everyone there this August!

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Actually, they're currently talking about it on the Camden forum. I think they describe the process there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alexanderhamilton

New

Post by alexanderhamilton » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Is anyone going to this? http://news.rutgers.edu/medrel/rutgers- ... u-20110414 It's horribly close to my exams but how often do you get to see a Supreme Court Justice?

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 am

lmperri wrote:I apologize if this question has been answered for this most recent year but I tried to look and couldnt find it...

Has anyone been able to confirm that Rutgers Newark is still doing in-state tuition for first year as long as you sign a lease in NJ? If so, does anyone know the process for doing this and if it has to be done by a certain date?

Thanks!! See everyone there this August!
Yes, that's still the process. Sign a one-year lease, get in-state tuition. Deadline is sooner rather than later. They'll tell you July 1, but that's the deadline so they have to do the least amount of paperwork. Up until you pay your tuition bill in August you can still have your residency changed.

get it to x

Bronze

Post by get it to x » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 am

alexanderhamilton wrote:Is anyone going to this? http://news.rutgers.edu/medrel/rutgers- ... u-20110414 It's horribly close to my exams but how often do you get to see a Supreme Court Justice?
Well known guest speakers actually speak at the law school on a fairly frequent basis. John Bolton was here last week, Justice Breyer this week, and there were several well known speakers at the law review symposium a couple of months back. If you have the time, they're great experiences.

djfe4president

New

Post by djfe4president » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 pm

my gf got accepted here...I am happy for her...

Anyways, any info or tips ppl on TLS can give her....She is not on this website..

Thanks in advance

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alexanderhamilton

New

Post by alexanderhamilton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 am

get it to x wrote:
alexanderhamilton wrote:Is anyone going to this? http://news.rutgers.edu/medrel/rutgers- ... u-20110414 It's horribly close to my exams but how often do you get to see a Supreme Court Justice?
Well known guest speakers actually speak at the law school on a fairly frequent basis. John Bolton was here last week, Justice Breyer this week, and there were several well known speakers at the law review symposium a couple of months back. If you have the time, they're great experiences.
Cool well I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

amg414

New

Post by amg414 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:10 am

Lawst wrote:
Oooookay, so rental car or skip it. Spending the next three years car-free in NJ is going to have its challenges at times.

Don't pay attention to Google mass transit directions, they are dead wrong. It doesn't take an hour and a half. New York Penn Station to Newark Broad St. Trains leave three times an hour and the travel time is about 20 minutes. It is then a 10 minute walk to campus:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... =UTF8&z=16

I hope that helps!

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm

amg414 wrote:
Lawst wrote:

Don't pay attention to Google mass transit directions, they are dead wrong. It doesn't take an hour and a half. New York Penn Station to Newark Broad St. Trains leave three times an hour and the travel time is about 20 minutes. It is then a 10 minute walk to campus:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... =UTF8&z=16

I hope that helps!
Sure, the campus is very easy to get to - I've made the trip from NYC a few times now. But we were talking about how to get to this law firm reception in Roseland, which does not seem to be accessible by public transportation at all.

amg414

New

Post by amg414 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Ah I misunderstood. Yes, I've lived in NJ all my life, if you aren't near a major train station, transportation is pretty much impossible without a car. The buses work okay in the cities, but outside of that I can't imagine living in NJ without a car.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”