Ole Miss Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
emotiondetector

New

Re: Ole Miss Class of 2014

Post by emotiondetector » Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm

samaside wrote:I think my mom would actually disown or possibly dismember me if I roomed with someone from Auburn.
lol. really? I was up in Tuscaloosa after the Tornado and saw a bunch of aubs who came up to help clean up. Come football season, I'm all about competition, but we're all from Alabama and we're mostly good people. It's fanaticism like that that makes people poison 100 year old oaks. :(

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

I kind of want to say I was just joking because I was. But at the same time we were never allowed to wear orange and blue together growing up and we still get yelled at if we mention Auburn in the house. :P

scmatthews

New

Post by scmatthews » Mon May 16, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm aware that this is not an "end of the world" issue, but...

How do we buy football tickets? At other schools, law and graduate students can buy student tickets, but the website for Ole Miss's admitted law students has a link to UMAAF, which I think is the donor organization. Can we buy student tickets?! I'd love not to pay $300 for them.

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Yeah, actually, this IS an "end of the world" type question for me. I only applied to schools with Division I football teams for a reason, lol. I have no idea how to deal with sports tickets. My undergrad didn't have a football team and our basketball games and all our other games were free.

jdl239

New

Post by jdl239 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Not 100% certain about Ole Miss, but season tickets usually don't go on sale at most schools until around the time school starts. So I am sure it would be the same with Ole Miss. I would not worry too much right now. Just keep an eye out on the webmail. I'm sure they will send something out letting know students when they do go on sale. Law students and other grad students may actually get served first. Even though I am not a Ole Miss fan (did my undergrad work at Miss State), I am still a fan of College Football. And Ole Miss has a great home schedule over the next three years. Big games at home this year include BYU, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU. Next year home games include South Carolina, Texas, Auburn, Miss State, and Vandy. So I am pretty pumped about that aspect of it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:47 pm

I enrolled so wanted to check in. When are you guys all moving to Oxford? Pm me or whatever.

Looking forward to the start!

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Fri May 20, 2011 7:55 pm

just finished my 1L year at ole miss for anyone with any questions.

tickets are easy to purchase. they will send out an e-mail through your olemiss.edu account and let you know when they are on sale. it is a real easy process. i think student season tickets last year were around $60-70.

edyoung

New

Post by edyoung » Sat May 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Anyone planning on attending the Time to Kill cocktail reception and play? Free tickets, plus the lady friend is a med student up at Georgetown means a free place to stay... I just might make my way over there to hobnob and rub elbows with DC-based alum. Oh, and free drinks. The following Saturday is also Mississippi on the Mall, anyone have the rundown on that?

scmatthews

New

Post by scmatthews » Thu May 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks for all of the info on tickets. I just asked because I did my undergrad at Alabama, where tickets are usually put on sale in May and are reserved in the first few hours. Definitely don't want to miss the opportunity to get those at Ole Miss.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 pm

So for the L1 veterans amongst us... what should we be doing to prepare for our first year at Ole Miss?

braveswin1995

New

Post by braveswin1995 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Would anyone like to spearhead a facebook group for those that will be attending Ole Miss in the fall? A few other schools that I got into did this and it seemed like a good way to communicate.

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 am

I could make one up if people want. I spend a lot of time at work on Facebook anyway because I run our youth center's Facebook. There's nothing like updating military parents in military time about when they have the opportunities to pawn their kids off on someone else for free, lol. Unless the school has already created one. Has anyone come across one yet? I looked but didn't see one. Ole Miss doesn't seem to use Facebook as much as my undergrad did. I was kind of disappointed. But then again very few other schools seem to use it as much as we do. I think we're probably just all obsessed with it back at Pacific. Because, seriously, we were pretty crazy. I had a roommate whose anthropology course had a Facebook so that the professor could communicate readings and the kids could discuss topics in the discussion forum. Plus they still update it today and she took that class like two years ago now.

Anyway. I did have a question. How much do L1 books go for on average? Trying to put together a law school budget and crying profusely... :P

scmatthews

New

Post by scmatthews » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm

samaside wrote:I could make one up if people want. I spend a lot of time at work on Facebook anyway because I run our youth center's Facebook. There's nothing like updating military parents in military time about when they have the opportunities to pawn their kids off on someone else for free, lol. Unless the school has already created one. Has anyone come across one yet? I looked but didn't see one. Ole Miss doesn't seem to use Facebook as much as my undergrad did. I was kind of disappointed. But then again very few other schools seem to use it as much as we do. I think we're probably just all obsessed with it back at Pacific. Because, seriously, we were pretty crazy. I had a roommate whose anthropology course had a Facebook so that the professor could communicate readings and the kids could discuss topics in the discussion forum. Plus they still update it today and she took that class like two years ago now.

Anyway. I did have a question. How much do L1 books go for on average? Trying to put together a law school budget and crying profusely... :P

Thanks for starting the group, Sam! :) Y'all can find me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/saraelizabethm

The cost of attendance page on the UM website says $1300 for the whole year... http://www.olemiss.edu/finaid/costofattendance.html

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 29043&ap=1

If anyone has a good profile picture let me know. I just threw something up there for the sake of having something and a little bit of color. I was going to make a page but it looks like all the other years at Ole Miss have used the groups option so I just followed along with the rest of the crowd.

Also:
Fabulous. Glad to know that page exists now. It can add to my anxiety, lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”