Cornell Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
tigerbunny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby tigerbunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:36 am

Ikki wrote:Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155


thanks for sharing!

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12770
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby LeDique » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

Is anyone in Ithaca? I'm guessing no, but I got in off reserve last week and I'm driving up by myself tomorrow to visit. Would be nice to grab a beer or something with someone tomorrow night!

User avatar
thetobes
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby thetobes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Ikki wrote:Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155


Damn, haven't checked tls in awhile... Really wish I would have seen this before I got my physical, had blood drawn and tested, and fulfilled all of the other ridiculous requirements...

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 am

thetobes wrote:
Ikki wrote:Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155


Damn, haven't checked tls in awhile... Really wish I would have seen this before I got my physical, had blood drawn and tested, and fulfilled all of the other ridiculous requirements...

+1

orderofthings
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby orderofthings » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Are we actually supposed to email them to confirm that we are attending? I mean...I already sent in both seat deposits haha.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby clone22 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Yea, email again just in case. Also, if you've created your netID, you also have a working email, apparently. Just opened mine and saw the "forcible touching" email that the Cornell 1L thread was talking about. I thought it was a little funny

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby alexyoshi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

is anyone transferring into cornell that needs a place still?

User avatar
stylus_go
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:03 am

tigerbunny wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.


Um, can you share the url to the "Cornell to do list"?
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..


hey tigerbunny, you would probably have looked into the To Do List, but just in case, the link is here: https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

And I am also from abroad and Asian. See you all in a few weeks!

tigerbunny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby tigerbunny » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 am

stylus_go wrote:
tigerbunny wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.


Um, can you share the url to the "Cornell to do list"?
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..


hey tigerbunny, you would probably have looked into the To Do List, but just in case, the link is here: https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

And I am also from abroad and Asian. See you all in a few weeks!


Yup, I've seen the To Do List and I'm working on the forms now.
when are you moving to Ithaca? are you staying in Hughes?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:39 am

Has anyone else's health history form not updated to complete despite their physician supposedly sending it out in June?

User avatar
stylus_go
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 am

tigerbunny wrote:
stylus_go wrote:
tigerbunny wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.


Um, can you share the url to the "Cornell to do list"?
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..


hey tigerbunny, you would probably have looked into the To Do List, but just in case, the link is here: https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

And I am also from abroad and Asian. See you all in a few weeks!


Yup, I've seen the To Do List and I'm working on the forms now.
when are you moving to Ithaca? are you staying in Hughes?


Early August. Nope, I am not staying in Hughes.

User avatar
stylus_go
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:54 am

Arbiter213 wrote:Has anyone else's health history form not updated to complete despite their physician supposedly sending it out in June?


Mine is not updated to complete yet even though they received it last month. I called the office a few hours ago, and they said my file has not been fully reviewed and the status will be updated in a few days. You might want to call the office and ask if everything is in order.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm

My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops



Pretty sure that means you're not allowed to take the bar. Sorry brah. :wink:

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm

PinkCow wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops



Pretty sure that means you're not allowed to take the bar. Sorry brah. :wink:


They don't call it Character and Fitness for nothing. 8)

froggymc
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby froggymc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:51 pm

.
Last edited by froggymc on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

hey I actually have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for an ear thing. haven't had a chance to check out the health forms but if any of you guys could give me a quick rundown on anything I might need from him (immunization record etc) it would save me multiple trips to his office. And want to clarify that if you aren't playing sports you don't need a physical.

thanks

User avatar
TR Fan
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby TR Fan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:54 pm

FlanAl wrote:hey I actually have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for an ear thing. haven't had a chance to check out the health forms but if any of you guys could give me a quick rundown on anything I might need from him (immunization record etc) it would save me multiple trips to his office. And want to clarify that if you aren't playing sports you don't need a physical.

thanks


You do not need the physical if you aren't playing sports. I submitted my Gannet Health History Form over a month ago, sans physical, and so far I haven't had any issues.

Your current physician can sign your form to verify any immunizations that he/she administered. In my case however, I sent Gannet photocopies of official documentation from past immunizations, most of which were years old (i.e., I've been able to complete all of my Cornell health paperwork without having to see a doctor specifically for that purpose).

Note that if you don't still have records of some vaccinations, such as those you received as a young child, your doctor can conduct a simple blood test to verify whether you're immune (in this case, their signature is required on the Gannet form). Remember too that Cornell only requires that you've been vaccinated for MMR and tetanus (also meningitis, though I think you can get a waiver out of that...?).

Good luck!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm

TR Fan wrote: Remember too that Cornell only requires that you've been vaccinated for MMR and tetanus (also meningitis, though I think you can get a waiver out of that...?).

Good luck!

You just need to sign a place on the form to opt out of the meningitis one.

Gigaton Punch
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Gigaton Punch » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Does anyone know if any big firms come to OCI, as opposed to the August Job Fair? and if so, which ones?

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby afghan007 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Gigaton Punch wrote:Does anyone know if any big firms come to OCI, as opposed to the August Job Fair? and if so, which ones?


This year, Skadden is coming to OCI, but not AJF. Weil will also be at OCI, but is also at AJF. Beyond that, there are mostly mid to small size firms from Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo at OCI rather than AJF.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm

For those that don't know:

https://support.law.cornell.edu/student ... hedule.pdf

Sections in two weeks.

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby theturkeyisfat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 am

Arbiter213 wrote:For those that don't know:

https://support.law.cornell.edu/student ... hedule.pdf

Sections in two weeks.


i'm excited.

User avatar
Light
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby Light » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Postby mths » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Light wrote:Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu

Anywhere in collegetown is on-campus. And trust me, not getting into Hughes is a blessing in disguise.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest