Cornell Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
csoloski

New

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Post by csoloski » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:05 am

I wish I made it to Pixel. I had to run back to the city. How was it?

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 am

japes wrote:
csoloski wrote:Despite having a very lackluster time at ASW, I'll be attending Cornell next year. I really like the school but I'm quite scared of the location. For those that went I was the girl who had just been teaching in Japan sporting a orangish leather jacket at the April 8th ASW.
Huh. I had an amazing time and kinda fell in love with Ithaca yesterday. I think by and large the incoming class - at least what I saw of it - is a great group. FWIW though I probably would've had a bad time if I'd stayed at pixel too long.
Yeah, Ithaca was fun - good atmosphere with local wine and beer always helps!

Best thing about Pixel was standing outside of Pixel...!
It was ok, but the other bars were better.

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 am

This housing search is becoming such a pain in the ass. Anyone find a pretty decent place near the law school?

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:40 am

I'm currently a 1L. If anyone is looking for housing next year, I'm pretty sure the house I'm in still has three apartments available. I'm not sure on the sizing/pricing, but I'm in a 1 bedroom and will be paying $810 next year. The apartments come furnished, but if you have furniture they can make it fully/partially unfurnished for you. 10 minute walk to the law school (uphill), but just across the street from the bus. If I'm not running super late in the morning, I usually take the bus in the morning and then walk home (downhill) after class. The management company is really chill and pretty good about maintenance requests. It's also pet friendly, if you're into that (I have a cat, so it was necessary for me). So as not to spam the interwebs with my address/personal info, PM me and I'll give you the management company contact info.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:19 am

danidancer wrote:I'm currently a 1L. If anyone is looking for housing next year, I'm pretty sure the house I'm in still has three apartments available. I'm not sure on the sizing/pricing, but I'm in a 1 bedroom and will be paying $810 next year. The apartments come furnished, but if you have furniture they can make it fully/partially unfurnished for you. 10 minute walk to the law school (uphill), but just across the street from the bus. If I'm not running super late in the morning, I usually take the bus in the morning and then walk home (downhill) after class. The management company is really chill and pretty good about maintenance requests. It's also pet friendly, if you're into that (I have a cat, so it was necessary for me). So as not to spam the interwebs with my address/personal info, PM me and I'll give you the management company contact info.
That sounds great, can you PM me the information?
SpacePinguin, we should be roommates.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:26 am

Ikki wrote:
danidancer wrote:I'm currently a 1L. If anyone is looking for housing next year, I'm pretty sure the house I'm in still has three apartments available. I'm not sure on the sizing/pricing, but I'm in a 1 bedroom and will be paying $810 next year. The apartments come furnished, but if you have furniture they can make it fully/partially unfurnished for you. 10 minute walk to the law school (uphill), but just across the street from the bus. If I'm not running super late in the morning, I usually take the bus in the morning and then walk home (downhill) after class. The management company is really chill and pretty good about maintenance requests. It's also pet friendly, if you're into that (I have a cat, so it was necessary for me). So as not to spam the interwebs with my address/personal info, PM me and I'll give you the management company contact info.
ithaca hill
add snow

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 am

mths wrote:
Ikki wrote:
ithaca hill
add snow
So if I live uphill from campus I can commute via sled.

You've really sold me on Ithaca!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 am

Bildungsroman wrote: So if I live uphill from campus I can commute via sled.

:D

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
mths wrote:
Ikki wrote:
ithaca hill
add snow
So if I live uphill from campus I can commute via sled.

As long as my Segway can make it up, I'm sold as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 am

mths wrote: Image
add snow
--ImageRemoved--

So how do we get to Cornell Law today?

JerrySeinfeld

Bronze

Post by JerrySeinfeld » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Sent my deposit in today!

Guess i'm spending three years in Ithaca :lol:

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm

mths wrote:
Ikki wrote:
ithaca hill
add snow
I was there this weekend and the hills don't look bad. How much worse does the snow make them?

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:38 pm

That's the beauty of living on the #30 bus route. Door to door service in the winter! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 am

JerrySeinfeld wrote:Sent my deposit in today!

Guess i'm spending three years in Ithaca :lol:
Assumption required: Won't drop out or /self into a gorge.

Zeile

Bronze

Post by Zeile » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Can anyone tell me when Cornell’s seat deposit is due? I’m still waiting to hear and I’m getting antsy?

TR Fan

New

Post by TR Fan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Zeile wrote:Can anyone tell me when Cornell’s seat deposit is due? I’m still waiting to hear and I’m getting antsy?
The $250 deposit must be postmarked by April 15. The second deposit, of $450 must be postmarked by May 16.

However, if you receive a late decision I believe they extend these deadlines as needed.

southernsnapp

New

Post by southernsnapp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm

TR Fan wrote:
Zeile wrote:Can anyone tell me when Cornell’s seat deposit is due? I’m still waiting to hear and I’m getting antsy?
The $250 deposit must be postmarked by April 15. The second deposit, of $450 must be postmarked by May 16.

However, if you receive a late decision I believe they extend these deadlines as needed.

You don’t have to send a deposit until after you receive the financial aid award letter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Just mailed in my deposit check! :mrgreen:

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Just mailed in my deposit check! :mrgreen:

Likewise! See you in the fall!

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm

I'll be withdrawing. I had an amazing time at ASW and would love to attend, but Texas at $60k less is too good to pass up. To those of you I met last weekend, thanks for the great time and best of luck in the future. If I meet any decent genetic engineers, I'll be sure to send them your way :)

TR Fan

New

Post by TR Fan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm

spacepenguin wrote:

Same here! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm

japes wrote:I'll be withdrawing. I had an amazing time at ASW and would love to attend, but Texas at $60k less is too good to pass up. To those of you I met last weekend, thanks for the great time and best of luck in the future. If I meet any decent genetic engineers, I'll be sure to send them your way :)

Dude, what a bummer. Enjoy 3 more years of sunshine, ACL, SXSW, and Torchy's Tacos.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 pm

TR Fan wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:

Same here! :D
Same here.
japes wrote:I'll be withdrawing. I had an amazing time at ASW and would love to attend, but Texas at $60k less is too good to pass up. To those of you I met last weekend, thanks for the great time and best of luck in the future. If I meet any decent genetic engineers, I'll be sure to send them your way :)
Now I'm curious to know if I met you.

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Ikki wrote:.
I believe I was the only dude with long hair.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:26 am

japes wrote:
Ikki wrote:.
I believe I was the only dude with long hair.
whaaaaaaaaaa???
There was someone with long hair? I don't recall... (To me, long is below the shoulders).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”