University of San Diego 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
smittelman6
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby smittelman6 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...

User avatar
crazyventures
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby crazyventures » Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...


I'm hoping to get a lease signed for August 1 so I'll have a couple weeks to explore SD and relax before orientation

caligulove
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby caligulove » Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm

smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...


I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?

Mr.JD2015
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby Mr.JD2015 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 pm

AA Male
2.7, 160

what are my chances

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Mon May 30, 2011 2:51 pm

According to law school numbers, not too good. Someone got denied with those exact numbers, though I don't know if/what else they had going for them.

http://sandiego.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Mr.JD2015
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby Mr.JD2015 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Damn that sucks...I'm tryna move to cali and attend law school but dont know what schools to consider.

Any suggestions?

thelibear
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby thelibear » Mon May 30, 2011 7:19 pm

caligulove wrote:
smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...


I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?


My move-in date is August 1st. I'm renting a studio in an apartment complex called the Bluffs II. It's about a five minute drive from school, has lots of parking, and is relatively well priced. It was really important to me to be close to school & have my own place, so I'm very happy with my choice. It's not very fancy but I like it! :)

User avatar
smittelman6
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby smittelman6 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

thelibear wrote:
caligulove wrote:
smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...


I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?


My move-in date is August 1st. I'm renting a studio in an apartment complex called the Bluffs II. It's about a five minute drive from school, has lots of parking, and is relatively well priced. It was really important to me to be close to school & have my own place, so I'm very happy with my choice. It's not very fancy but I like it! :)


did you get this through CL or directly through the apartment complex? is there a pool/gym? we're also trying to be within 5 minutes of campus (we'll be glad with our decision, i think, during those 8am classes)...

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Mr.JD2015 wrote:Damn that sucks...I'm tryna move to cali and attend law school but dont know what schools to consider.

Any suggestions?


I would say Chapman, Southwestern if you want Southern California.

There is still TJ, La Verne, Whittier, and Western State but those are all T4 and lack the prestige of the above.
If you could beef up your GPA that would be good.

Also, you probably are in the wrong forum for this kind of advice...you might get better input from one of the "choosing a law school" threads : p

Good luck though

thelibear
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby thelibear » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

smittelman6 wrote:
thelibear wrote:
caligulove wrote:
smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...


I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?


My move-in date is August 1st. I'm renting a studio in an apartment complex called the Bluffs II. It's about a five minute drive from school, has lots of parking, and is relatively well priced. It was really important to me to be close to school & have my own place, so I'm very happy with my choice. It's not very fancy but I like it! :)


did you get this through CL or directly through the apartment complex? is there a pool/gym? we're also trying to be within 5 minutes of campus (we'll be glad with our decision, i think, during those 8am classes)...


Sorry for the belated response--
I'm not sure what CL means. I found the Bluffs II through searching on the internet for apartments in San Diego. I am in Orange County so I drove down to check it out and pretty much signed a lease on the spot. There is a pool and a tennis court, and the condo complex next door (Called the Bluffs) has another heated pool, gym & possibly spa that we have access to. It is a garden-style apartment complex, so it's really pretty and the buildings are only two stories each. Pet friendly and the staff (so far) have been very pleasant and accommodating. I know other law students live there as well.

lawyered2014
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby lawyered2014 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Is there an official USD site to find roommates/housing on? That's how I found my roommates for undergrad, and it workout really well.

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Not sure about that, but there are a LOT of people looking for roommates on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 99789&ap=1

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:08 pm

CL = Craigslist which is good for renting houses, or just a room, etc. (lot of cash deals, etc.)

Personally, I was looking on forrent which is pretty neat since it has a map view. From there, you could google the names of the apartment complexes to get reviews of apartments:

http://www.forrent.com/results.php?view ... University Of San Diego

...which once again makes me REALLY HOPE that I can get some kind of grant and can attend and not get stuck in a T4 or worse, putting off law school : (

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby CmonSD » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:20 pm

If anyone can't make it to San Diego to look for housing and wants advice on neighborhood, complexes, etc. PM me!!

User avatar
crazyventures
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby crazyventures » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:18 pm

lawyered2014 wrote:Is there an official USD site to find roommates/housing on? That's how I found my roommates for undergrad, and it workout really well.


I think they send out a list for potential roommates in the middle of June after the second deposit deadline has passed. I've just been looking on the FB page until they send us something, though. There's been quite a few posts in the last few days regarding roommates.

lawyered2014
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby lawyered2014 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks everyone. I've been looking on craigslist for apartments, and rent.com ... I'm considering living by myself - but I just like people - but I want to live with other law students, and not random people on craigslist... so I'll check out the facebook page.

Thanks!

dtl
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby dtl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Just got an email from the presidio terrace on camping housing people saying that I need to submit a bunch of money by next wed. Anyone have any info on the presidio terrace gigs? Are they nice? Well furnished? Easily accessible?

Seems like a huge leap sight unseen. Was hoping to head down and look at them in a couple weeks but this deadline undercut that.

Thanks

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 am

I could've sworn there was a virtual tour for those apartments...I could be mistaken though since I can't find it

imbrian706
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby imbrian706 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello fellow incoming 1Ls, Im looking for a roommate for the upcoming year. I will be out of town for a bulk of july but I have already put a deposit on a nice 2 bedroom at The Village at Morena Vista. Its right down the street from USD. Im on the list that USD law offers for students looking for roommates but I cannot wait that long. If you are interested or want any information email me at Brian.Taylor.706@gmail.com

Im looking for another 1L Male student so we have similar schedules, Preferably no pets, and non-smokers.

Its a 2-story loft approx 1000 sq feet
2 bedroom 2 bathroom w/ washer and dryer
Just over 1 mile from campus

email for prices/further information!

Thanks hope to hear from you soon!

User avatar
sully
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby sully » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:17 pm

For anyone interested:


My friend (a male 2L at USD) has a bedroom in a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom available about 2 miles from USD. It's located at Avalon Fashion Valley. He's a great guy, and the apartment complex is the best i've seen in San Diego.
Here's the website:

http://www.avaloncommunities.com/avalon ... p?comm=333

The apartment complex has a pool, spa, gym, billiards, etc. The landlord is flexible with a 9 or 12 month lease as well.

Message me if you are interested.

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Postby homerless » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Did anybody get in to Flex Section? Or is that something we don't find out about until later?


....yes, you find out later. Many of the people who ended up in it didn't request it.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest