University of San Diego 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
smittelman6

Bronze

Re: University of San Diego 2014

Post by smittelman6 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...

crazyventures

New

Post by crazyventures » Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

My roommate and I are hoping to start a lease on July 1, and since I'm driving the whole way (NYC to SD!) I will get there around the 12th or so...
I'm hoping to get a lease signed for August 1 so I'll have a couple weeks to explore SD and relax before orientation

caligulove

New

Post by caligulove » Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm

smittelman6 wrote:Just wondering, for anyone who doesn't already live in SD, when are you planning to head down?

I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 pm

AA Male
2.7, 160

what are my chances

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Mon May 30, 2011 2:51 pm

According to law school numbers, not too good. Someone got denied with those exact numbers, though I don't know if/what else they had going for them.

http://sandiego.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Damn that sucks...I'm tryna move to cali and attend law school but dont know what schools to consider.

Any suggestions?

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Mon May 30, 2011 7:19 pm

caligulove wrote:

I'm heading down near the end of june just to find a place, then moving around the second week of august. Any word on a house or apartment buildings good to look at?
My move-in date is August 1st. I'm renting a studio in an apartment complex called the Bluffs II. It's about a five minute drive from school, has lots of parking, and is relatively well priced. It was really important to me to be close to school & have my own place, so I'm very happy with my choice. It's not very fancy but I like it! :)

smittelman6

Bronze

Post by smittelman6 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

thelibear wrote:
caligulove wrote:

My move-in date is August 1st. I'm renting a studio in an apartment complex called the Bluffs II. It's about a five minute drive from school, has lots of parking, and is relatively well priced. It was really important to me to be close to school & have my own place, so I'm very happy with my choice. It's not very fancy but I like it! :)
did you get this through CL or directly through the apartment complex? is there a pool/gym? we're also trying to be within 5 minutes of campus (we'll be glad with our decision, i think, during those 8am classes)...

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Mr.JD2015 wrote:Damn that sucks...I'm tryna move to cali and attend law school but dont know what schools to consider.

Any suggestions?
I would say Chapman, Southwestern if you want Southern California.

There is still TJ, La Verne, Whittier, and Western State but those are all T4 and lack the prestige of the above.
If you could beef up your GPA that would be good.

Also, you probably are in the wrong forum for this kind of advice...you might get better input from one of the "choosing a law school" threads : p

Good luck though

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

smittelman6 wrote:
thelibear wrote:
caligulove wrote:

did you get this through CL or directly through the apartment complex? is there a pool/gym? we're also trying to be within 5 minutes of campus (we'll be glad with our decision, i think, during those 8am classes)...
Sorry for the belated response--
I'm not sure what CL means. I found the Bluffs II through searching on the internet for apartments in San Diego. I am in Orange County so I drove down to check it out and pretty much signed a lease on the spot. There is a pool and a tennis court, and the condo complex next door (Called the Bluffs) has another heated pool, gym & possibly spa that we have access to. It is a garden-style apartment complex, so it's really pretty and the buildings are only two stories each. Pet friendly and the staff (so far) have been very pleasant and accommodating. I know other law students live there as well.

lawyered2014

New

Post by lawyered2014 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Is there an official USD site to find roommates/housing on? That's how I found my roommates for undergrad, and it workout really well.

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Not sure about that, but there are a LOT of people looking for roommates on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 99789&ap=1

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:08 pm

CL = Craigslist which is good for renting houses, or just a room, etc. (lot of cash deals, etc.)

Personally, I was looking on forrent which is pretty neat since it has a map view. From there, you could google the names of the apartment complexes to get reviews of apartments:

http://www.forrent.com/results.php?view ... University Of San Diego

...which once again makes me REALLY HOPE that I can get some kind of grant and can attend and not get stuck in a T4 or worse, putting off law school : (

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:20 pm

If anyone can't make it to San Diego to look for housing and wants advice on neighborhood, complexes, etc. PM me!!

crazyventures

New

Post by crazyventures » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:18 pm

lawyered2014 wrote:Is there an official USD site to find roommates/housing on? That's how I found my roommates for undergrad, and it workout really well.
I think they send out a list for potential roommates in the middle of June after the second deposit deadline has passed. I've just been looking on the FB page until they send us something, though. There's been quite a few posts in the last few days regarding roommates.

lawyered2014

New

Post by lawyered2014 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks everyone. I've been looking on craigslist for apartments, and rent.com ... I'm considering living by myself - but I just like people - but I want to live with other law students, and not random people on craigslist... so I'll check out the facebook page.

Thanks!

dtl

Bronze

Post by dtl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Just got an email from the presidio terrace on camping housing people saying that I need to submit a bunch of money by next wed. Anyone have any info on the presidio terrace gigs? Are they nice? Well furnished? Easily accessible?

Seems like a huge leap sight unseen. Was hoping to head down and look at them in a couple weeks but this deadline undercut that.

Thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 am

I could've sworn there was a virtual tour for those apartments...I could be mistaken though since I can't find it

imbrian706

New

Post by imbrian706 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello fellow incoming 1Ls, Im looking for a roommate for the upcoming year. I will be out of town for a bulk of july but I have already put a deposit on a nice 2 bedroom at The Village at Morena Vista. Its right down the street from USD. Im on the list that USD law offers for students looking for roommates but I cannot wait that long. If you are interested or want any information email me at Brian.Taylor.706@gmail.com

Im looking for another 1L Male student so we have similar schedules, Preferably no pets, and non-smokers.

Its a 2-story loft approx 1000 sq feet
2 bedroom 2 bathroom w/ washer and dryer
Just over 1 mile from campus

email for prices/further information!

Thanks hope to hear from you soon!

sully

New

Post by sully » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:17 pm

For anyone interested:

My friend (a male 2L at USD) has a bedroom in a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom available about 2 miles from USD. It's located at Avalon Fashion Valley. He's a great guy, and the apartment complex is the best i've seen in San Diego.
Here's the website:

http://www.avaloncommunities.com/avalon ... p?comm=333

The apartment complex has a pool, spa, gym, billiards, etc. The landlord is flexible with a 9 or 12 month lease as well.

Message me if you are interested.

homerless

New

Post by homerless » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Did anybody get in to Flex Section? Or is that something we don't find out about until later?

....yes, you find out later. Many of the people who ended up in it didn't request it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”