Vanderbilt Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
SilverE2

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2014

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 pm

akili wrote:Guys, moving sucks so hard.

On a related note, drove through East Nashville yesterday and did see my share of dirty hipsters amongst some sketchy sketchy stores.
Yesterday I spent over an hour with my gf dragging a 300 lb desk out of my car, through the garage, and down the halls of The Bristol. We were certain we were going to be fined, or kicked out or something.

Picture of desk: http://i.imgur.com/6KcZi.jpg

The free desk all of a sudden didn't seem so worth it. So yeah, I would say moving sucks.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:32 pm

SilverE2 wrote:

On a related note, drove through East Nashville yesterday and did see my share of dirty hipsters amongst some sketchy sketchy stores.
Yesterday I spent over an hour with my gf dragging a 300 lb desk out of my car, through the garage, and down the halls of The Bristol. We were certain we were going to be fined, or kicked out or something.

The free desk all of a sudden didn't seem so worth it. So yeah, I would say moving sucks.
Oh man, that blows! I got all my furniture yesterday and the movers were blocking traffic on Division for about 2 hours. :/ I thought for sure I'd get fined or something. I'm terrified of breaking the rules here.

By the way, how the heck do I open the dumpster out front?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:39 pm

akili wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Oh man, that blows! I got all my furniture yesterday and the movers were blocking traffic on Division for about 2 hours. :/ I thought for sure I'd get fined or something. I'm terrified of breaking the rules here.

Are you trying to throw something big away? If not there's a garbage room with a trash chute on the first floor by the other entrance (there's the main entrance on broadway, and another small door on division). If you are trying to get rid of something big, there's a long hallway on the basement floor where people can throw away cardboard boxes, old furniture, things like that. I don't think that the dumpsters are for people in the building to use, or at least we haven't used it since we moved here.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:15 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
akili wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Are you trying to throw something big away? If not there's a garbage room with a trash chute on the first floor by the other entrance (there's the main entrance on broadway, and another small door on division). If you are trying to get rid of something big, there's a long hallway on the basement floor where people can throw away cardboard boxes, old furniture, things like that. I don't think that the dumpsters are for people in the building to use, or at least we haven't used it since we moved here.
Ahhhh you are a lifesaver. The movers left a bunch of crap (including the cardboard that wrapped around my mattress and it's taking up roughly half of the apartment. Haha.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Just a heads up for those of you not on facebook or on TLS more than facebook...Our schedules are up!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm in section 1, section 2 for writing

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 pm

SilverE2 wrote:I'm in section 1, section 2 for writing

Same here!

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 pm

ktg808 wrote:

Same here!
Nice!

Well, not so nice. Our W TH F mornings freaking suck. 8:05 AM...don't they know we're college students??

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 am

SilverE2 wrote:
ktg808 wrote:

Same here!
Nice!

Well, not so nice. Our W TH F mornings freaking suck. 8:05 AM...don't they know we're college students??

Wednesdays and Thursdays I don't mind. Fridays after Bar Review? That's a different story.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 am

FYI: To find out which books you need for classes, if you go to your YES homepage, click on "Applications" then "Schedule", you can click on individual classes to see more information. There should be a link called 'book information', and a window will pop up with the list of required and recommended books for the course.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:21 am

What's the book that they require for orientation? They haven't sent me all the info yet.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:24 am

Hannibal wrote:What's the book that they require for orientation? They haven't sent me all the info yet.
I'll mail you mine for a can of skoal long cut straight at orientation.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am

what up section 3

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 am

rad law wrote:
Hannibal wrote:What's the book that they require for orientation? They haven't sent me all the info yet.
I'll mail you mine for a can of skoal long cut straight at orientation.
If you sent it overnight I'll buy you two.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:55 am

ktg808 wrote:FYI: To find out which books you need for classes, if you go to your YES homepage, click on "Applications" then "Schedule", you can click on individual classes to see more information. There should be a link called 'book information', and a window will pop up with the list of required and recommended books for the course.
if you go to yes > registration > enrolled classes there should also be a link at the bottom that says "order books" and it will take you to the bookstore and give you the whole list of books that you need.
Last edited by pleasetryagain on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 am

section 3 here!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am

SilverE2 wrote:Well, not so nice. Our W TH F mornings freaking suck. 8:05 AM...don't they know we're college students??
lol.. that sucks man. last year section B started a petition to get their schedule changed from 8ams.. I don't advise this route. What class is it?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 am

Rubin - Reg State
Fitzpatrick - Civ Pro
George - Contracts

Thoughts re: these profs?

vandypride

New

Post by vandypride » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 am

fingersxd wrote:Rubin - Reg State
Fitzpatrick - Civ Pro
George - Contracts

George is great from what I have heard. She is friendly, etc. Good professor. I do not know anything about Rubin...and Fitzpatrick... Fitz is a great professor, but his exam is very hard. Also, be prepared for his classes. Always.

Hope to see y'all Aug. 21st!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:43 am

fingersxd wrote:Rubin - Reg State
Fitzpatrick - Civ Pro
George - Contracts

Didn't have Rubin (didn't know he still taught Reg State but I guess with three sections he has to) so I can't speak to him but I have heard good things - he is a genius. I wish you could have had Bressman or Stack because they are both incredible. I should have a good outline for Rubin's class laying around somewhere - pm me if interested.

Fitzpatrick: Oh man. This guy is a brilliant man but an incredible dick in class. Really nice guy, very friendly and fun to talk to outside of class but if you screw up even once he will berate you incessantly for the entire class period and probably put you on call the next day. That said, you ALWAYS do the reading and I feel like I learned the most in his class. Tough but fair, and eventually everyone gets used to his to cruelty and it becomes somewhat of a joke or "charicature" for the class and for him.

George: Excellent professor.. really easy going. Willing ot help you any way she can and one of the very few professors who actually consider teaching their primary responsibility (not research, speeches, making $$$, etc). Her contracts class was a great experience and I don't know one student who can say they don't like her.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Does any 2/3L still have their book for life of the law?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Holy jesus the orientation book is $130 on Amazon O.o

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm

I echo everything pleasetryagain just said. I'll add that George and Fitzpatrick were my favorite professors, and civ pro an Ks were my favorite classes. George is such a good teacher though that the curve is atrocious. Also multiple choice is a huge unknown, and she does multiple choice.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Well, not so nice. Our W TH F mornings freaking suck. 8:05 AM...don't they know we're college students??
lol.. that sucks man. last year section B started a petition to get their schedule changed from 8ams.. I don't advise this route. What class is it?
Contracts. :(

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I was hoping to get George as I read good things. Opinions on these teachers?

Reg State: Bressman
Civ Pro: Wuerth
Contracts: Haley

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”