Vanderbilt Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
SilverE2

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2014

Post by SilverE2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:49 am

gogators wrote:Random question to all the new 1Ls. Did admissions give you a packet with apartment listings this year? I know they did my year, and i'm struggling to find a place right now. If you have one, PM me cause I could really use that email. Thanks!
They did, PM me your e-mail address (and anyone else who wants/needs it).

drylo

Bronze

Post by drylo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Since nobody ever answered this, and all you 1Ls are in town now (welcome, by the way!)...

Best Restaurants: Arnold's (meat and three)

Best Brunch: Not sure what I would say to this (actually, I would say Richland Country Club, but you can't just go there), but Pancake Pantry is mad popular

Best Sandwich: Maybe Bread & Company for upscale, but Jason's Deli by the law school is actually a pretty good sandwich place

Best Ice Cream: Lately I've been hitting up Sweet CeCe's

Mexican: SATCO is probably the most popular in general (among the Vandy crowd), but Las Palmas has the best happy hour around and there are plenty of other options

Best Bar (Dive): Depends on your tastes, I guess--and I don't go out that much

Best Bar Food: My favorite would be Crow's Nest in Green Hills (especially for NFL Sundays)

Best Wings: Not a Nashville thing obviously, but I love Buffalo Wild Wings (unfortunately the closest one that I know of is out a little ways at Nashville West shopping center)

Best Chinese: It's actually been a while since I have had Chinese...

Best Pizza: Mellow Mushroom and Pie in the Sky (both near the law school) are both worth a try

Best Burgers: A lot of people would probably say Rotier's (which is kind of divey) in the Vandy area; if you want to spend a little more ($9-11 for the burger; fries separate) but have the locavore thing going on, head to Burger Up

Best BBQ: B&C at the Bicentennial Mall Farmer's Market, but any of the places on Broadway are good, too

WSJ_Law

Bronze

Post by WSJ_Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am

Great bar/bar food: Sportsmen's

ktg808

Bronze

Post by ktg808 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Any advice on the following profs?

Property: Vandenbergh
Crim Law: Maroney
Torts: Cheng
Con Law: Mikos

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”