BU Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
FutureInLaw

Bronze

Re: BU Class of 2014

Post by FutureInLaw » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:24 pm

kaiser wrote:
FutureInLaw wrote:
Vernunft wrote:
polinerdemory wrote:Has anyone received the tuition bill yet?
Got mine today. I'm in the DC area, FWIW. The envelope said it had been sent on 6/15.
On the bill, is there the option to waive the Sports Pass?

Also, do we choose our health insurance option (waive, basic or plus) on the bill?

I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks and putting family in charge of the bill. Want to know what to expect. Thanks!
My recommendation is to leave the sports pass on. The hockey games are so much fun, and a great way to kick back on Friday or Saturday nights while bonding with new classmates. Plus, BU's team is pretty legendary, and the arena is insanely nice.
Thanks for the advice. Are seats assigned, or is it open seating? Curious as it affects sitting with friends. Also, it affects getting seats together when family / friends are in town.

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Also, when does the bill say tuition is due?

This website says Sept 19: http://www.bu.edu/studentaccountingserv ... deadlines/

The admitted students website under the tab "Deadlines for Deposits & Tuition" says July 15.

That's a big difference! Thanks.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:20 am

FutureInLaw wrote:Also, when does the bill say tuition is due?

This website says Sept 19: http://www.bu.edu/studentaccountingserv ... deadlines/

The admitted students website under the tab "Deadlines for Deposits & Tuition" says July 15.

I don't think that web page is for the law school. I've seen/heard the July 15 many times, and the fin aid office said it as well when I visited.

Anyone get email access yet? The packet said we should have it already, I haven't gotten it..

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:24 am

ElvisAaron wrote:

I don't think that web page is for the law school. I've seen/heard the July 15 many times, and the fin aid office said it as well when I visited.

Anyone get email access yet? The packet said we should have it already, I haven't gotten it..
Thanks. And no email! Which makes it impossible to access webpages we need IDs for.

Another question (probably should have called last week to hammer this all out!)...can we delay paying for BU health insurance on the tuition bill? I'm not sure whether I will get back on my parents' insurance or do BU insurance. I assume we can pay everything except that if we're still deciding?

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm

If you don't buy it, you need to submit a waiver saying you already have it. Insurance coverage is the law here in MA, so I don't know how long they'll let it ride with you saying "I'll let you know", but I'd bet the window is small..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vernunft

New

Post by Vernunft » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:54 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:

Got email access a couple days ago. I hadn't heard anything from them about it, but the packet that came with the tuition bill said to tell them right away if you hadn't gotten anything about email setup. I emailed them, and they got me set up with it in the same day. Apparently they had issues sending the materials to gmail accounts the first time around, but it worked when they sent it to me individually.

DevilDaze

New

Roommate

Post by DevilDaze » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:11 am

Hey everybody,

So I'm officially going to be at BU next year. I was wondering if anybody is still looking for roommates. Myself and another guy have been in early discussions are potentially looking for another roommate or two to cut costs. Looks like there are more 3 and 4 bedroom apartments available than 2 bedroom. Also does anybody recommend complexes or places to live? I know there was one place where a lot of law students live but I forgot what it was. Anybody know? Anyways look forward to meeting you all, I'm coming from around D.C. so if anyone else is in the area and wants to meet up at some point, let me know.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for the advice. Are seats assigned, or is it open seating? Curious as it affects sitting with friends. Also, it affects getting seats together when family / friends are in town.[/quote]

There are two large student areas, one behind each goal. One side is assigned, houses the band, and is usually where all the student season ticket holders sit. The other side is entirely GA, so you can get big groups together who got their tickets at different times, and go together without a problem. I recommend sitting on that side if the idea is to meet friends, get together, and bring some new people along. Its easy to get tickets for family or friends who don't go to BU. You go to the box office and show a BU ID and they give you one ticket. Just have a friend go with you who isn't interested in going to the game. He shows his ID and you get both tickets.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Vernunft wrote:
Got email access a couple days ago. I hadn't heard anything from them about it, but the packet that came with the tuition bill said to tell them right away if you hadn't gotten anything about email setup. I emailed them, and they got me set up with it in the same day. Apparently they had issues sending the materials to gmail accounts the first time around, but it worked when they sent it to me individually.
Thanks! This worked.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Tag--very excited to be joining the class!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Last edited by Gemini on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Gemini wrote:Tagging this because I just got accepted. :shock: :shock:
Congrats!!!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I posted this in another thread, and I know this is pretty far off for 0L's, but I know I figure any employment data and info can never hurt.

"As promised, here is some BU OCI info. I just gave it a cursory count, so it could be off by a bit due to some duplicates or things of that sort. We have our regular OCI, as well as a number of off campus programs that we share with other schools. The biggest one is the NYC recruiting program we only share with BC. Between everything, I counted up:

111 unique employers, 224 individual offices

That doesn't take into account the 15 or 16 resume collections for 30 or so individual offices.

To break down those numbers a bit more, I looked at the Vault firm list to see who is represented.

V5 - 3 of them are interviewing either in Boston or NYC, and another does resume collect, so 4 of V5 represented
V25 - 16 represented, including the V5's mentioned above
V100 - Just under 50 of the V100 represented. I sort of lost count in the mid to upper 40's."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:
Gemini wrote:Tagging this because I just got accepted. :shock: :shock:
Congrats!!!
Nice!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Nvm that, I accidentally posted here... :oops: :oops:

iselldonuts

New

Re: Roommate

Post by iselldonuts » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 am

DevilDaze wrote:Hey everybody,

So I'm officially going to be at BU next year. I was wondering if anybody is still looking for roommates. Myself and another guy have been in early discussions are potentially looking for another roommate or two to cut costs. Looks like there are more 3 and 4 bedroom apartments available than 2 bedroom. Also does anybody recommend complexes or places to live? I know there was one place where a lot of law students live but I forgot what it was. Anybody know? Anyways look forward to meeting you all, I'm coming from around D.C. so if anyone else is in the area and wants to meet up at some point, let me know.

I think the place you were thinking of is Allston? Its pretty cheap there and not too far from school. Also a lot of places in Brookline are cheap and not far from school. Those are where a majority of students live. I intended to live there to save money but ended up living right near school which is much more expensive but convenient. Hope that helps.
Also, most of my friends didn't sign leases until the summer and nobody had trouble finding an apartment. I'm sure right now on Craigslist you can find a bunch of places.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

How is Brighton as a neighborhood? Too far from school?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

asdfffff

New

Post by asdfffff » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Last edited by asdfffff on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 am

Has anyone not gotten the tuition bill yet? I know some people got it about a week ago, but I'm still waiting.

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Has anyone not gotten the tuition bill yet? I know some people got it about a week ago, but I'm still waiting.
I haven't received mine yet either. I'm in D.C. FWIW

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:26 pm

MillerTime wrote:
FutureInLaw wrote:Has anyone not gotten the tuition bill yet? I know some people got it about a week ago, but I'm still waiting.
I haven't received mine yet either. I'm in D.C. FWIW
I'm in D.C. and got it yesterday.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am

Looks like we will be graduating right before the new law building is completed. However, the good news is that we will be around to enjoy the newly remodeled Tower. Though, we’ll probably have to put up with annoying remodeling nonsense during our first year…

From BU Today: “Work also continues on the new Hariri Institute for Computational Science & Engineering, at 111 Cummington St., which will open by fall semester, and the design phase of the School of Law remodeling and expansion continues. Officials plan to break ground on the new LAW wing, which will provide new classrooms, new study space, and an additional library, in May 2012. Construction is expected to take two years. The current tower should be remodeled over the next 15 months.”

http://www.bu.edu/today/node/13178

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey guys, I'm off to NYC and looking for someone to take over my room in a 2 bedroom apartment. It's in Brighton, right on the B line at the Washington St stop. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the tower on the T. It's also three stops the other direction to BC. The apartment is about 900 sf, and the room is a really nice size with three big windows and good light. It's only $750 per month, which you'll figure out soon is really great. Also fantastic is that you don't have to find a roommate, one comes supplied. He's a 22 year old recent grad from Kansas, starting work at Harvard in August. You'll both be moving in around the same time, so you can set up the place together. Move in date is negotiable from mid August to September 1

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Last edited by loblaw on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Remember to keep me updated regarding what sections you guys are assigned to and what professors you have. I have all the casebooks and supplements you could possibly need, and I will charge you even less than the used price at the BU Barnes and Noble.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”