BU Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
cinephile

Gold

Re: BU Class of 2014

Post by cinephile » Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

evandm wrote:Does anyone know if BU will write/email to confirm they received your Dean's Cert? If so, how long does it usually take for them to let you know they've received it? Thanks!
I was wondering about this as well. It's been awhile. Hopefully they'll let us know if they don't have it by June 1st.

maritimus

New

Post by maritimus » Tue May 17, 2011 4:26 pm

cinephile wrote:
evandm wrote:Does anyone know if BU will write/email to confirm they received your Dean's Cert? If so, how long does it usually take for them to let you know they've received it? Thanks!
I was wondering about this as well. It's been awhile. Hopefully they'll let us know if they don't have it by June 1st.
I received an email to confirm they received my Dean's Certification two business days after my undergrad said they mailed it.

polinerdemory

New

Post by polinerdemory » Sun May 22, 2011 2:24 am

I don't about the poster above, but I called this week and the person on the phone said that they will not send you a confirmation email. You will only receive an email about it if they don't have it after the deadline. Hope that helps.

Concept

New

Post by Concept » Sun May 22, 2011 6:24 pm

I've definitely received a "Got your deposit" and a separate "Got your dean's cert." from the Admissions office.

polinerdemory

New

Post by polinerdemory » Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Concept, when did you send in your Dean Cert. form and when did you get a reply? I wonder if they changed their policy later... I don't know why they told me something different...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maritimus

New

Post by maritimus » Sun May 22, 2011 9:19 pm

I received the Dean's Cert confirmation email the week of May 16th.

The email also reminded me to submit a transcript and second deposit. Maybe they email you if you haven't sent everything in yet.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

tag

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Has anyone had any luck finding apartments with an August move-in date?

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Tue May 24, 2011 4:11 pm

August? Not sure. Might have to settle for earlier. It's really hard apartment hunting outside your target city. Worst case scenario there are always a billion undergrads looking to sublet while they go abroad. You might have to move over winter break but there are greater injustices.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue May 24, 2011 5:45 pm

evandm wrote:Has anyone had any luck finding apartments with an August move-in date?
I found myself an August 15th move in date last year, so they have the option available in certain situations. Keep in mind that BU pushed back the start date of school. Classes no longer begin in late August. Instead, classes begin a few days into September. Thus, if you have a 9/1 move in, it will not interfere with classes.

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Mon May 30, 2011 11:42 am

Anyone in Boston this upcoming weekend? I'm looking for apartments through ORPM on June 6th, but heading up to the city on June 4. Could be fun to grab a coffee or drink with future C/O 2014 from here. Let me know.

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:07 am

Let's get this thread back on the front page, shall we? Has anyone received login instructions for the BU email system? I got a message while ago that said they would be coming soon. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 am

evandm wrote:Let's get this thread back on the front page, shall we? Has anyone received login instructions for the BU email system? I got a message while ago that said they would be coming soon. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!
I think this was addressed in the email that confirmed that they received the 2nd deposit.

On another note, I've been looking at housing options and I'm thinking that I will exceed the COA if I choose to live alone (roommates are not an option). What neighborhoods are cheaper?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 pm

cinephile wrote:
evandm wrote:Let's get this thread back on the front page, shall we? Has anyone received login instructions for the BU email system? I got a message while ago that said they would be coming soon. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!
I think this was addressed in the email that confirmed that they received the 2nd deposit.

On another note, I've been looking at housing options and I'm thinking that I will exceed the COA if I choose to live alone (roommates are not an option). What neighborhoods are cheaper?
<--- 2L : Allston/Brighton are cheapest by far. Everywhere else is crazy expensive. Finding a roommate will save you a ton of money.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Cupidity wrote:
<--- 2L : Allston/Brighton are cheapest by far. Everywhere else is crazy expensive. Finding a roommate will save you a ton of money.
Thanks, I'll focus my search there. I just haven't had good roommate experiences when I've lived with strangers and don't want drama to distract me next year. Maybe the following year, after I get to know people.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

cinephile wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
Thanks, I'll focus my search there. I just haven't had good roommate experiences when I've lived with strangers and don't want drama to distract me next year. Maybe the following year, after I get to know people.
There hasn't been much roommate drama this year among any of my friends. Everyone here is a college graduate, and have all likely had roommates before, it doesn't mean there is no chance of a shitty roommate, but the odds are a lot lower.

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Haven't heard anything about it, and I'm not sure what the poster below you is referring to in the email about the 2nd deposit. I don't see any mention of our email accounts.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 am

FutureInLaw wrote:
Haven't heard anything about it, and I'm not sure what the poster below you is referring to in the email about the 2nd deposit. I don't see any mention of our email accounts.
+1 haven't seen squat since the one email..

polinerdemory

New

Post by polinerdemory » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Has anyone received the tuition bill yet?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Just a heads up but I'll be organizing a get-together in NYC for those of you in the area who would like to meet up and get a drink. I'll see if I can find some other current students in the area and make a fun night out of it. Anyone with any prospective interest just send me a PM.

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 am

polinerdemory wrote:Has anyone received the tuition bill yet?
Nope, nothing here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Vernunft

New

Post by Vernunft » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Got mine today. I'm in the DC area, FWIW. The envelope said it had been sent on 6/15.

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Vernunft wrote:
Got mine today. I'm in the DC area, FWIW. The envelope said it had been sent on 6/15.
Oh boy! I'm in the D.C. area too. Looks like I should expect to see some large numbers when I get home..

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Vernunft wrote:
On the bill, is there the option to waive the Sports Pass?

Also, do we choose our health insurance option (waive, basic or plus) on the bill?

I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks and putting family in charge of the bill. Want to know what to expect. Thanks!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:
Vernunft wrote:
On the bill, is there the option to waive the Sports Pass?

Also, do we choose our health insurance option (waive, basic or plus) on the bill?

I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks and putting family in charge of the bill. Want to know what to expect. Thanks!
My recommendation is to leave the sports pass on. The hockey games are so much fun, and a great way to kick back on Friday or Saturday nights while bonding with new classmates. Plus, BU's team is pretty legendary, and the arena is insanely nice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”