Iowa Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
typ3

Silver

Re: Iowa Class of 2014

Post by typ3 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 pm

tea_drinker wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
smiller1 wrote:I'm here to resuscitate this thread. Live, I say! LIVE!
Oh, really? Maybe you should join Typ3 and I in the battle that's been raging for weeks... When you were nowhere to be found.

:-)
To be fair, it is final week at my school, and I imagine it is at many other schools as well. TLS is very slow these past couples of weeks.

Anyhow, besides chrisbu, how are folks doing in terms of housing?
I signed on a 4br 2.5 ba that I am moving into on June 1.

It is pretty rough to find anything decent there. I would recommend getting a townhouse with a roommate if you have the money. It'll give you the most space per your $. Also, a lot of places in IC that I visited I wouldn't even rent for my dog to stay in...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue May 10, 2011 1:12 am

Yup, I posted this in three spots...

This video is hilarious. Anti-gunner theme set to Cee Lo Green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsPC2n4 ... dded#at=10

MedStudentIowa

New

Post by MedStudentIowa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey law peeps,

I'm about to be starting med school at the University of Iowa and I'm looking for a roommate to split my apartment with - figured you all would be a good group to appeal to. Some info:

The apartment is 765 square feet of upscale & modern, open-floor plan new construction (you and I will be the first tennants). Luxury features: hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen, tile in the bathroom, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances (dishwasher,microwave, stove, fridge), nickel fixtures, washer/drier in the unit, private patio and the works... this really will be the nicest unit in town. The living room will be designed and furnished by an interior designer to feel like a high-class modern-cozy hotel. EASY walking distance to UIHC and the west campus... about half a mile (also very quick bus access for bad weather days)! Your room would be 10'8"x10' with a large walk in closet, a nice window, and ceiling fan. I was the second person to sign in the building so we have a nice corner unit with a lot of natural light on the top floor. The building is still under constuction, but if you're serious about moving in the contractor has all the finishes, a floorplan, and the under construction building to show you.

About me - I am a 24 year old single male first year medical student from Phoenix. I'm very well traveled, love to rock climb... active and fun to hang out with but mellow and quiet at home. You're welcome to invite over guests but no large parties, I'll do the same. I am looking for someone who is clean and mature but still fun to live with - I've become best friends with all of my previous roommates and I'd like to keep up the trend. Please note, I will have two cats in the apartment, if you're allergic or hate cats this might not be the right unit for you.

The cost will be $600 rent per month, plus half of the utilities (which should be pretty minimal as the unit is very well insulated with energysaver appliances). Off street parking is also available if you want it. If this sounds good to you let me know by email at guymraz (at) gmail (dot) com!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:24 pm

MedStudentIowa wrote: stuff

Hey man, post in this thread too... It's more active.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4#p4509414

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

chrisbru wrote:Yup, I posted this in three spots...

This video is hilarious. Anti-gunner theme set to Cee Lo Green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsPC2n4 ... dded#at=10
That video came out at the perfect time last semester.

I share an office with the singer from the video right now. He's pretty cool.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”