UNC Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
scruffs mcguff

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby scruffs mcguff » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 am

I think the T is a good idea. It's not like you wouldn't look at a person's nametag if you were going to talk to them anyway to see what their name is.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 am

Alternatively, given the state in which I woke up this morning, you could also look for the girl who sounds like she's trying to cough up a lung. :(

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am

beccabea wrote:Alternatively, given the state in which I woke up this morning, you could also look for the girl who sounds like she's trying to cough up a lung. :(

yeah, my nose got really stuffy today so I feel ya here :? . Hoping it clears up so I'm not the sniffler, lol. I think it's the pollen

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:07 am

so becca, have you figured out business casual yet? I'm a little confused as to how business or casual it will be. I'm thinking I'll wear something like: low heels, slacks, a cute blouse and a cardi.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

DeeCee wrote:so becca, have you figured out business casual yet? I'm a little confused as to how business or casual it will be. I'm thinking I'll wear something like: low heels, slacks, a cute blouse and a cardi.

I don't think it's something to worry about too much. We're not auditioning for anything. I'm probably going to wear an empire-waist skirt and medium heels, because last time I was instructed to wear "business casual" I overdid it a little bit and was unnecessarily uncomfortable for the rest of the day because my slacks were a bit too long and I kept stepping on them. What you said sounds fine, but I don't even think slacks are necessary. Then again, you're asking someone who is extremely averse to doing laundry and gets upset when a piece of clothing demands something other than the washer-dryer-stuff-into-drawer routine. :D

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 am

beccabea wrote:
DeeCee wrote:so becca, have you figured out business casual yet? I'm a little confused as to how business or casual it will be. I'm thinking I'll wear something like: low heels, slacks, a cute blouse and a cardi.

I don't think it's something to worry about too much. We're not auditioning for anything. I'm probably going to wear an empire-waist skirt and medium heels, because last time I was instructed to wear "business casual" I overdid it a little bit and was unnecessarily uncomfortable for the rest of the day because my slacks were a bit too long and I kept stepping on them. What you said sounds fine, but I don't even think slacks are necessary. Then again, you're asking someone who is extremely averse to doing laundry and gets upset when a piece of clothing demands something other than the washer-dryer-stuff-into-drawer routine. :D

well, I don't have any skirts that would be of appropriate length right now. I'll have to wear slacks because they are the only non-jean material bottoms I own, besides sundresses and casual stuff. I have long legs (I'm 5'10.5"), and when I go to try on skirts, usually they don't fit me right :( . I've still have yet to find a skirt suit where the skirt is the correct length.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

I feel so left out.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:I feel so left out.

You can wear a skirt too, Moral.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh wait, you meant because you're not going. Bahaha.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

beccabea wrote:Oh wait, you meant because you're not going. Bahaha.

Both?

borntorun86

Postby borntorun86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 pm

For those who are in town tonight, Bar Review is at Crunkleton tonight starting at 10. For those like myself who are interested in ENVR law, Environmental Law Project (student group) is having a fundraiser at the same spot starting at 7. All tips go to ELP's work, including summer public interest grants and wetlands restorations. Best part is, Prof. Hornstein, Prof. Savasta-Kennedy, Prof. Eichner, Prof. Weissman, Dean States, and Dean Kasprzak will be guest bartenders! No guarantee as to their bartending skills.

innernetp

Postby innernetp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 pm

borntorun86 wrote:For those who are in town tonight, Bar Review is at Crunkleton tonight starting at 10. For those like myself who are interested in ENVR law, Environmental Law Project (student group) is having a fundraiser at the same spot starting at 7. All tips go to ELP's work, including summer public interest grants and wetlands restorations. Best part is, Prof. Hornstein, Prof. Savasta-Kennedy, Prof. Eichner, Prof. Weissman, Dean States, and Dean Kasprzak will be guest bartenders! No guarantee as to their bartending skills.

holy crap that sounds fun. i wish i were in town!!! y'all are going to have such a blast. :)

i'm still turning all of this over in my head; it's down between USC with a partial scholarship and UNC... no matter what happens i have such good feelings about unc law. i think it beats out all the schools in the 20-30 range just in terms of experience.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 pm

borntorun86 wrote:For those who are in town tonight, Bar Review is at Crunkleton tonight starting at 10. For those like myself who are interested in ENVR law, Environmental Law Project (student group) is having a fundraiser at the same spot starting at 7. All tips go to ELP's work, including summer public interest grants and wetlands restorations. Best part is, Prof. Hornstein, Prof. Savasta-Kennedy, Prof. Eichner, Prof. Weissman, Dean States, and Dean Kasprzak will be guest bartenders! No guarantee as to their bartending skills.

Now I really wish I was going tomorrow because I would be in town for this. Stupid work.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Maaan. I can't believe I missed that. I didn't have access to a computer last night to check to see if anything was happening. Does anyone know if people are doing stuff tonight?

protein

Postby protein » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Anyone decided where they're living next year??

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:08 pm

protein wrote:Anyone decided where they're living next year??

My priority is being within an easy walk/bus ride to the law school. I was thinking I'd try to find a cool roommate first and then figure it out with that person. I get frustrated trying to look for places online because I don't know where anything is. I'd also kind of like to live near other law students for going-out purposes.

So if you're cool (read: not violent, a sociopath, or excessively unhygienic), feel free to PM me. I don't smoke or have pets, I like to cook, and I have some furniture. :]

JakeDelhomme

Postby JakeDelhomme » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 pm

In your budgets, what are you allocating for rent?

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in. I decided not to attend UNC this fall and will be attending Notre Dame instead. But since I have posted in this thread for so long, I wanted to say good luck to everyone and have fun next year cause UNC is a great time. Also, hope everyone enjoyed ASW, I was really considering showing up just to hang out but the plane ticket alone would of been a bit too expensive for a "hang out". So congrats to everyone for attending a great school, see you guys in 3 years when we are fighting for the same jobs. :D

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:25 pm

For those of you that went to ASD last weekend, what were most guys wearing? I'm thinking khakis and an oxford/polo.
Last edited by Moral_Midgetry on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:For those of you that went to ASD last weekend, what were most guys wearing? I'm thinking kakis and an oxford/polo.

I saw plenty of guys in polos. Then again, they're really into diversity, so I still put in my vote for a skirt. :3

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 pm

beccabea wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:For those of you that went to ASD last weekend, what were most guys wearing? I'm thinking kakis and an oxford/polo.

I saw plenty of guys in polos. Then again, they're really into diversity, so I still put in my vote for a skirt. :3

I'm not really very diverse, haha. Nice denim or khakis most likely.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:03 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:I'm not really very diverse, haha. Nice denim or khakis most likely.

I think denim of any quality would be pushing it. Better stick with the khakis.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 am

protein wrote:Anyone decided where they're living next year??

Me and my SO did a lot of driving around after ASD and looked at some places we liked. I did not like Glen Lennox, seems like there was not enough parking and the style of apartments did not appeal to me. I'm hoping that maybe we can get a townhome-type apartment, or perhaps live on the Carrboro side.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 am

SupraVln180 wrote:Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in. I decided not to attend UNC this fall and will be attending Notre Dame instead. But since I have posted in this thread for so long, I wanted to say good luck to everyone and have fun next year cause UNC is a great time. Also, hope everyone enjoyed ASW, I was really considering showing up just to hang out but the plane ticket alone would of been a bit too expensive for a "hang out". So congrats to everyone for attending a great school, see you guys in 3 years when we are fighting for the same jobs. :D

Hey Supra, hope all is well! You excited about the move to South Bend?

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:02 am

beccabea wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:I'm not really very diverse, haha. Nice denim or khakis most likely.

I think denim of any quality would be pushing it. Better stick with the khakis.

Don't wear heels! Your feet will be killing you by the end of the day :wink:
But seriously, I think your outfit sounds great. People were dressed casual/business casual so you'll fit right in.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”