UNC Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby CloseToGood » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:15 pm

BTW, is there an orientation thing in August? If so, does anyone know when?

User avatar
IceQueen
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby IceQueen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 pm

CloseToGood wrote:BTW, is there an orientation thing in August? If so, does anyone know when?


http://www.law.unc.edu/documents/academ ... ar1012.pdf

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:46 pm

This might be a stupid question, but it says orientation/ registration; if all our 1L classes/schedules are set in stone, what are we registering for?

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:47 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:This might be a stupid question, but it says orientation/ registration; if all our 1L classes/schedules are set in stone, what are we registering for?


I don't think this is stupid at all..... +1, I'd like to know as well.

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby CloseToGood » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 am

I am heartened to see "1L Practice Exams" in October.

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby beccabea » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Not really sure what MAGIC DAYs are, but I'm pretty excited about them. May or may not come to class dressed in long black robes.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:01 pm

beccabea wrote:Not really sure what MAGIC DAYs are, but I'm pretty excited about them. May or may not come to class dressed in long black robes.


lol

User avatar
innernetp
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby innernetp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:11 pm

beccabea wrote:Not really sure what MAGIC DAYs are, but I'm pretty excited about them. May or may not come to class dressed in long black robes.


What are you guys referencing? Did you get acceptance packets? I never did... :-\

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby CloseToGood » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 pm

innernetp wrote:
beccabea wrote:Not really sure what MAGIC DAYs are, but I'm pretty excited about them. May or may not come to class dressed in long black robes.


What are you guys referencing? Did you get acceptance packets? I never did... :-\


See link above

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
beccabea wrote:Not really sure what MAGIC DAYs are, but I'm pretty excited about them. May or may not come to class dressed in long black robes.


lol


OMG lol I saw that on the schedule, too and was thinking, "What the hell, 1L year is gonna be crazy, not only do I have to learn Intense Trial Advocacy, but I have to learn MAGIC too?"

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby beccabea » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 pm

DeeCee wrote:OMG lol I saw that on the schedule, too and was thinking, "What the hell, 1L year is gonna be crazy, not only do I have to learn Intense Trial Advocacy, but I have to learn MAGIC too?"


Have to learn magic? DeeCee, I would pay out-of-state tuition several times over and bring my professors lattes every morning if I thought they were going to teach me magic.

(After which I would obliviate the student loan officers' memories and make myself a self-refilling latte.)

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 pm

beccabea wrote:
DeeCee wrote:OMG lol I saw that on the schedule, too and was thinking, "What the hell, 1L year is gonna be crazy, not only do I have to learn Intense Trial Advocacy, but I have to learn MAGIC too?"


Have to learn magic? DeeCee, I would pay out-of-state tuition several times over and bring my professors lattes every morning if I thought they were going to teach me magic.

(After which I would obliviate the student loan officers' memories and make myself a self-refilling latte.)


You're right, learning magic should be fun!!! But I'm guessing MAGIC is an acronym or something different than pulling rabbits out of hats :D

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby CloseToGood » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:17 am

DeeCee wrote:
beccabea wrote:
DeeCee wrote:OMG lol I saw that on the schedule, too and was thinking, "What the hell, 1L year is gonna be crazy, not only do I have to learn Intense Trial Advocacy, but I have to learn MAGIC too?"


Have to learn magic? DeeCee, I would pay out-of-state tuition several times over and bring my professors lattes every morning if I thought they were going to teach me magic.

(After which I would obliviate the student loan officers' memories and make myself a self-refilling latte.)


You're right, learning magic should be fun!!! But I'm guessing MAGIC is an acronym or something different than pulling rabbits out of hats :D



MAGIC:

My,
Aren't we
Getting
Increasingly
Concerned (about our decision to attend law school)?

It is right before exams! :)

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 am

CloseToGood wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
beccabea wrote:
DeeCee wrote:OMG lol I saw that on the schedule, too and was thinking, "What the hell, 1L year is gonna be crazy, not only do I have to learn Intense Trial Advocacy, but I have to learn MAGIC too?"


Have to learn magic? DeeCee, I would pay out-of-state tuition several times over and bring my professors lattes every morning if I thought they were going to teach me magic.

(After which I would obliviate the student loan officers' memories and make myself a self-refilling latte.)


You're right, learning magic should be fun!!! But I'm guessing MAGIC is an acronym or something different than pulling rabbits out of hats :D



MAGIC:

My,
Aren't we
Getting
Increasingly
Concerned (about our decision to attend law school)?

It is right before exams! :)


yesss, haha. I was trying to think of one when I wrote my post but I couldn't.

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby beccabea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm

*poke, poke* We need to liven up this thread, you guys, we're getting outdone by other schools' threads! Anyone know if the law school has any intramural sports teams? Kinda want to play soccer, even though last time I played I was young enough that they wouldn't yell at me if I sat down in the grass and played with clover. That's probably not cute anymore, though.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 pm

beccabea wrote:*poke, poke* We need to liven up this thread, you guys, we're getting outdone by other schools' threads! Anyone know if the law school has any intramural sports teams? Kinda want to play soccer, even though last time I played I was young enough that they wouldn't yell at me if I sat down in the grass and played with clover. That's probably not cute anymore, though.


The law school does play intramural sports from what I've read. I can't wait to play some softball.

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby beccabea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:The law school does play intramural sports from what I've read. I can't wait to play some softball.


Oh man. The one time I played softball I got pegged in the ankle and had a huge, bulging, purple bruise, and I haven't played since. I might feel the same way if I had ever gotten injured playing soccer, but usually when people run at me I back away, so injuries don't generally happen.

Two posts in, and already no one's going to want me on their team. :]

JDCsoccer7
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby JDCsoccer7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06 am

Sent my deposit in this week!!! Pretty excited but now I'm looking around at apartment options. Does anybody know if its important to live with other law students or do most people live on their own?
Also, anyone going to the April 8th ASD?

jmm736
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby jmm736 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 am

I just paid my deposit this morning! I will be attending the April 15th ASD.

User avatar
skw
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby skw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 am

I paid both deposits and will be there on the 8th. I'm withdrawing/declining schollys from other schools today. I just felt better about formally declining the other offers after I formally accepted and deposited with Carolina.

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby CloseToGood » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 am

skw wrote:I just felt better about formally declining the other offers after I formally accepted and deposited with Carolina.


+1

PDL
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby PDL » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 pm

.
Last edited by PDL on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:13 pm

PDL wrote:Just formally accepted. GO HEELS!


Congrats!

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:21 pm

CloseToGood wrote:
skw wrote:I just felt better about formally declining the other offers after I formally accepted and deposited with Carolina.


+1


me too.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Are most of you withdrawing now, or are you just going to let the deadline pass? I know everyone says that you should withdraw immediately, but I was trying to see what people (actually) do.

I have withdrawn from most of my schools.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest