Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 pm

zla2014 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:So, duders, I have decided to go to WUSTL instead.
Just wanted to wish everyone ITT best of luck and have a great time in Bloomington!
It was awesome getting to (creepily) sort of know you over the interwebs.


I too have decided not to attend Bloomington. I'll be at Illinois in the fall. Hopefully for you guys attending IU-B we will be replaced with more girls! Best of luck to you, stlisforlovers and for all of you attending IU-B in the summer/fall

Wait: you both, didn't you have to commit 4/1 or 4/15?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!

is your S.O. insecure your law school is ranked 50 spots higher than his? if my girlfriend went to harvard, i'd be happy for her, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel at least a bit insecure.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!

is your S.O. insecure your law school is ranked 50 spots higher than his? if my girlfriend went to harvard, i'd be happy for her, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel at least a bit insecure.


I don't think he's in law school.

User avatar
Jspain
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby Jspain » Wed May 18, 2011 1:23 pm

pcvmeli wrote:Just got an email from Ohio State offering a full ride plus stipend, a scholarship I applied for and was initially denied. I already signed a lease in Bloomington, but now don't know what to do!


Did you have any scholarship money coming to you at IU? Take a look at the GPA requirements to keep your OSU scholarship (if any) vs. the curve. If you aren't getting money at IU and your OSU money should be easy to keep, the cost of breaking a lease is a fairly small one in the long run. Congrats, btw.

pcvmeli
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby pcvmeli » Wed May 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Jspain wrote:
pcvmeli wrote:Just got an email from Ohio State offering a full ride plus stipend, a scholarship I applied for and was initially denied. I already signed a lease in Bloomington, but now don't know what to do!


Did you have any scholarship money coming to you at IU? Take a look at the GPA requirements to keep your OSU scholarship (if any) vs. the curve. If you aren't getting money at IU and your OSU money should be easy to keep, the cost of breaking a lease is a fairly small one in the long run. Congrats, btw.


Thanks! Have the 120,000 scholly at IU. Roommate says she can cover lease or find a new roommate. GPA req at OSU is 2.5 I think, below the curve from what I understand. It shouldn't be too hard to keep. And I want to go into Public Interest/Gov't so I think being in C-bus might have some advantages. But I know IU is a better school. Such a hard decision.

User avatar
Jspain
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby Jspain » Wed May 18, 2011 1:58 pm

pcvmeli wrote:Thanks! Have the 120,000 scholly at IU. Roommate says she can cover lease or find a new roommate. GPA req at OSU is 2.5 I think, below the curve from what I understand. It shouldn't be too hard to keep. And I want to go into Public Interest/Gov't so I think being in C-bus might have some advantages. But I know IU is a better school. Such a hard decision.


I don't think the difference in #s is enough to justify leaving Columbus if you want to work in public interest or government. OSU is just down the street from all the action and most the people involved in govt in Columbus went to OSU. Get to know all of your classmates and enjoy that degree from John Glenn that you can get for free with zero extra time commitment. No contest. OSU wins.

User avatar
Jspain
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby Jspain » Wed May 18, 2011 2:00 pm

danquayle wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:
cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!

is your S.O. insecure your law school is ranked 50 spots higher than his? if my girlfriend went to harvard, i'd be happy for her, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel at least a bit insecure.


I don't think he's in law school.


It's getting personal up in here!

User avatar
cerulean87
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby cerulean87 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!

is your S.O. insecure your law school is ranked 50 spots higher than his? if my girlfriend went to harvard, i'd be happy for her, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel at least a bit insecure.


He is in law school, but no he isn't insecure as far as I know. People thrive in different areas and he's mature enough to recognize that. I think he is mostly just happy that we'll only have debt from his school and not mine.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed May 18, 2011 2:55 pm

cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!


I am subleasing a place over at Brownstone Terrace for the summer session, and then moving into the Big Red Apartments with another incoming 1L beginning in August.

But I wont be getting to Bloomington until about July 1st at the earliest.

User avatar
MochaLatte05
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby MochaLatte05 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

cerulean87 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:
cerulean87 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Finally got news from IU in the form of my summer financial aid instructions and my IU ID#. Also FINALLY nailed down some housing for the fall. God a nice new apartment close to campus #fistpump


Where did you decide on for housing?

Also anyone going down early as far as summer starters? My S.O. is doing summer session at Indianapolis so I'll be there in Bloomington in a little over a week. Wouldn't mind hanging out with some fellow summer starters before class starts. Especially if they like the outdoors!

is your S.O. insecure your law school is ranked 50 spots higher than his? if my girlfriend went to harvard, i'd be happy for her, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel at least a bit insecure.


He is in law school, but no he isn't insecure as far as I know. People thrive in different areas and he's mature enough to recognize that. I think he is mostly just happy that we'll only have debt from his school and not mine.


Guys seriously? Who cares about the security level of someone's SO for attending a "lesser" law school???? Let's try to start the year off right without snobby attitudes!

User avatar
aquasalad
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby aquasalad » Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about what flex says, he/she isn't even attending IUB and is still hanging out in this thread

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby flexityflex86 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:21 pm

aquasalad wrote:I wouldn't worry about what flex says, he/she isn't even attending IUB and is still hanging out in this thread

Because I'm waiting for my $$

JamesDean44
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby JamesDean44 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Anyone get reimbursed yet for SLD?

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:14 pm

I got off the waitlist on May 1st, and I just received a little money! I wish I was getting the $120k offer, but I just didn't have the LSAT. Where are you guys living? I have begun to look for options. I am pretty set on IUB unless another waitlist works out in the next couple of weeks. I am up for having a roommate as well. I want something within walking distance to the school if it's still available or at least some place that has a shuttle. Have any of you given thought to the on campus grad housing?

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby chrisnashville » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:06 pm

JamesDean44 wrote:Anyone get reimbursed yet for SLD?


Just got my check today. Nice little sum.

eve2490
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

.

Postby eve2490 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:09 pm

.
Last edited by eve2490 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesDean44
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby JamesDean44 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 am

I toured Fountain Park, but we ended up signing a lease with Woodbridge across the street. Obviously the law school isn't within walking distance, but both apartment complexes are right on the bus line.

Fountain park was nice, but Woodbridge was nicer for a very small amount more. From what I heard current students saying, a lot of graduate students live in fountain park, but I didn't get the impression a large number of law students do.

I only spent one weekend in Bloomington, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

kehoema2
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby kehoema2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey, sorry I’m withdrawing from IU-B. I already signed a lease, and trying to release my lease, so if you’re looking for a great place to live please contact me.

Rent: $330 a month with heat included
Address: 320 E. University Street (4/5 blocks from the law school building)

2 bedrooms, shared bathroom. My roommate is already on the lease.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

User avatar
boilermaker11
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby boilermaker11 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Anyone apply ED and happen to get scholarship $$$? Just curious.

User avatar
LucilleBluth
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby LucilleBluth » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Last minute addition (and first time TLS poster but long-time lurker) to Bloomington here. They originally weren't on my radar but after receiving a fee waiver in early June I applied and I was just accepted with a small scholarship yesterday. Unless my number one, WUSTL, magically lets me off their wait-list over the next two weeks I will be headed to Indiana.

As far as stats go I'm a non-URM and reverse-splitter. I still can't believe all of this happened all because of a fee waiver. Although I should probably thank my old college room-mate who was accepted to one of their grad psychology programs. Even though she ended up at a different school she had taken gorgeous pictures of the campus and talked about how much she loved the town, so I had that in mind when I decided to apply.

User avatar
beidoun
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby beidoun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:17 pm

LucilleBluth wrote:Last minute addition (and first time TLS poster but long-time lurker) to Bloomington here. They originally weren't on my radar but after receiving a fee waiver in early June I applied and I was just accepted with a small scholarship yesterday. Unless my number one, WUSTL, magically lets me off their wait-list over the next two weeks I will be headed to Indiana.

As far as stats go I'm a non-URM and reverse-splitter. I still can't believe all of this happened all because of a fee waiver. Although I should probably thank my old college room-mate who was accepted to one of their grad psychology programs. Even though she ended up at a different school she had taken gorgeous pictures of the campus and talked about how much she loved the town, so I had that in mind when I decided to apply.


Congratulations....see you in the fall!!

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Any good furnished places near the law school? I am going the week of July 5th to find a place. I am excited to see you guys in the fall!

eve2490
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

.

Postby eve2490 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 am

.
Last edited by eve2490 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:06 pm

eve2490 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Any good furnished places near the law school? I am going the week of July 5th to find a place. I am excited to see you guys in the fall!


http://www.villagemp.com/


This is very nice, but damn is it pricey! I would have to have a roommate to afford this. Anyone interested? I was hoping to spend around $600 with internet and utilities.

User avatar
LucilleBluth
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Postby LucilleBluth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:57 am

beidoun wrote:
LucilleBluth wrote:Last minute addition (and first time TLS poster but long-time lurker) to Bloomington here. They originally weren't on my radar but after receiving a fee waiver in early June I applied and I was just accepted with a small scholarship yesterday. Unless my number one, WUSTL, magically lets me off their wait-list over the next two weeks I will be headed to Indiana.

As far as stats go I'm a non-URM and reverse-splitter. I still can't believe all of this happened all because of a fee waiver. Although I should probably thank my old college room-mate who was accepted to one of their grad psychology programs. Even though she ended up at a different school she had taken gorgeous pictures of the campus and talked about how much she loved the town, so I had that in mind when I decided to apply.


Congratulations....see you in the fall!!


Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! I guess this means I will be bringing up the single lady stats a bit too.

jaydizzle wrote:Any good furnished places near the law school? I am going the week of July 5th to find a place. I am excited to see you guys in the fall!


Glad to know I won't be the only one trying to get housing late in the game, I'll probably be looking around that time.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PennBull and 1 guest