Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
RMstratosphere

Bronze

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Post by RMstratosphere » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

If you all can put together a social rendezvous for SLD, let us 1Ls know, and we'll take you out on the town. Last year's TLS crew did the same honor for us. It should give you folks the opportunity to both see the social side of Bloomington and get to talk to real live students, not admissions department employees.

AboveTheLawSchool

Bronze

Post by AboveTheLawSchool » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:31 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:If you all can put together a social rendezvous for SLD, let us 1Ls know, and we'll take you out on the town. Last year's TLS crew did the same honor for us. It should give you folks the opportunity to both see the social side of Bloomington and get to talk to real live students, not admissions department employees.
That would be spectacular.

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:41 pm

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:If you all can put together a social rendezvous for SLD, let us 1Ls know, and we'll take you out on the town. Last year's TLS crew did the same honor for us. It should give you folks the opportunity to both see the social side of Bloomington and get to talk to real live students, not admissions department employees.
That would be spectacular.
+1

cerulean87

New

Post by cerulean87 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:59 pm

That does sound excellent :)

RooksWS6

New

Post by RooksWS6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I think this is a great idea! Do you have any suggestions for places to meet for dinner/drinks before hand? Also, isn't there an "optional social event" put on by IUB that evening? I heard--though I can't remember where--that it is usually held at Nick's.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm not sure if the school is planning on doing any kind of social event. I would recommend Nick's English Hut as the place to meet for drinks. It's the best of a good group of Bloomington bars, nationally recognized, and a typical hang out for law students. I have no doubt that we can get a dozen + 1Ls together to meet with you folks and most importantly show you how to play Sink the Biz.

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 pm

I will be there! Uhm, my name is Chris and I'm from Nashville (TN); if that ever comes up in conversation with a stranger you meet at SLD, it's likely me ;)

I opted to take the free (shared) room. A little bothersome, agreed. Hope it'll just be a minor annoyance and nothing more.

And I'll keep an eye on this thread for any meetup info. I'd be happy to share a few drinks with some potential classmates :)

RooksWS6

New

Post by RooksWS6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm

I just checked the agenda for SLD and there is an "optional social event" at 7:30. It doesn't give any other information. Also, I set up Facebook page thinking that might make it easier to get this organized.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag ... 43?sk=wall

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:15 pm

tag

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

stephan75th wrote:tag
Are you thinking of attending over GULC?
I like that IU is stealing away some T-14 people with the fistfuls of cash they're throwing around.

wallacestevie

New

Post by wallacestevie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm hoping to make it to SLD as well. I have some friends who went to IUB for undergrad and they all loved the town, so I'm really looking forward to visiting. I'm just glad to finally be in a position to think more seriously about my options. Hope to meet some of you there.

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:04 am

stlisforlovers wrote:
stephan75th wrote:tag
Are you thinking of attending over GULC?
I like that IU is stealing away some T-14 people with the fistfuls of cash they're throwing around.
Yeah, I'm strongly considering IU over G-Town. I doubt many people would do it, but I don't want to add six figures to my undergrad debt. Since I got into the part-time program I figure I can graduate in 2014 with little debt, rather than 2015 with potentially massive debt. Plus I wouldn't need to work in Bloomington, whereas I would almost certainly need a 25-40 hour per week job in DC.

geraldo8187

New

Post by geraldo8187 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:14 am

I know that I registered online somewhere for the Spring Law Day, but my efforts to relocate that link have been to no avail. Could someone please post it here or PM it to me? Thanks in advance.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tlabrum3

New

Post by tlabrum3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:50 am

geraldo8187 wrote:I know that I registered online somewhere for the Spring Law Day, but my efforts to relocate that link have been to no avail. Could someone please post it here or PM it to me? Thanks in advance.

http://www.law.indiana.edu/springlawday

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm

I just received the travel stipend email today for SLD. Same offer that has been stated before.

nadiaaa5860

New

Post by nadiaaa5860 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

beidoun wrote:I just received the travel stipend email today for SLD. Same offer that has been stated before.

Got the email too finally, thought they were skipping over non-120kers, so very excited :)

kad1026

New

Post by kad1026 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 pm

I just received the 120K scholarship offer and travel stipend for SLD this week, so I will definitely be going to visit in March! I am really excited! I have heard good things about IU and Bloomington.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

kad1026 wrote:I just received the 120K scholarship offer and travel stipend for SLD this week, so I will definitely be going to visit in March! I am really excited! I have heard good things about IU and Bloomington.
Congrats!

AboveTheLawSchool

Bronze

Post by AboveTheLawSchool » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

nadiaaa5860 wrote:
beidoun wrote:I just received the travel stipend email today for SLD. Same offer that has been stated before.

Got the email too finally, thought they were skipping over non-120kers, so very excited :)
+1

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah, I got the email too. I already RSVPed online, but I havent emailed her my travel info because Im not sure if I am going to accept the free room or not. The cheapskate in me says I should, but I am still a bit unsure about spending 2 nights in a hotel with some chick I dont know, future classmate or not.

nadiaaa5860

New

Post by nadiaaa5860 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Yeah, I got the email too. I already RSVPed online, but I havent emailed her my travel info because Im not sure if I am going to accept the free room or not. The cheapskate in me says I should, but I am still a bit unsure about spending 2 nights in a hotel with some chick I dont know, future classmate or not.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, then I figured I'm not a killer nor a creep, so I shouldn't assume that about whoever I get paired with either. 2 nights can't be that bad.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sab0tage

New

Post by sab0tage » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

The email I got didn't say anything about the free shared room situation. I, on the other hand, don't have a problem sharing a room with a strange woman.

Where was this info about the shared room option?

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 pm

nadiaaa5860 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Yeah, I got the email too. I already RSVPed online, but I havent emailed her my travel info because Im not sure if I am going to accept the free room or not. The cheapskate in me says I should, but I am still a bit unsure about spending 2 nights in a hotel with some chick I dont know, future classmate or not.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, then I figured I'm not a killer nor a creep, so I shouldn't assume that about whoever I get paired with either. 2 nights can't be that bad.
Kind of what I was thinking. If any of you end up in a room with me, I promise I'm a great roommate :D

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 pm

sab0tage wrote:The email I got didn't say anything about the free shared room situation. I, on the other hand, don't have a problem sharing a room with a strange woman.

Where was this info about the shared room option?
Point number 3 under the information about transportation reimbursement and shuttle from the airport.

"1. Reimbursement for airfare or mileage up to $350. The University will only reimburse for economy-class airfare.
2. Ground transportation (student-driven shuttle) between the Indianapolis airport and Bloomington. These shuttles will leave the airport at various times on Friday, March 25 and return at various times on Sunday, March 27. Departure times will be determined once we receive flight information from visitors. We cannot cover rental cars.
3. Hotel accommodations for Friday-Sunday. This will be a shared hotel room with another Spring Law Day participant. If you book a private room we will reimburse at $50 per night."

I have no problem sharing a room either. I figured will be a easy way to meet people plus I will be going on the visit alone, so I would be bored in the room by my self for the days when nothing is planned.

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:45 pm

For anyone curious about travel reimbursement.

I just got the email today. They will reimburse a certain amount, depending on where ur coming from.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”