Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
stlisforlovers

Bronze

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm

aquasalad wrote: Speaking of facebook, I don't wanna be cheesy or anything but someone should make a group so we can at least creep on each other a little bit before school starts- the current page doesn't allow you to see who else "likes" it
Hahah I was just thinking that. I need to creep!

chihuahua12

Bronze

Post by chihuahua12 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:31 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
aquasalad wrote: Speaking of facebook, I don't wanna be cheesy or anything but someone should make a group so we can at least creep on each other a little bit before school starts- the current page doesn't allow you to see who else "likes" it
This.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

chihuahua12 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
This.
I'm kind of curious too. But I imagine I'd be remarkably easy to find if anyone wanted.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Daaaaang, I'm gonna' have to re-create a facebook profile so I can creep too. I was really happy to delete mine a few months ago. It's been liberating.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Not it on taking the facebook group administrator plunge.. but I will buy someone a beer on Friday if they do it.. seriously

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RooksWS6

New

Post by RooksWS6 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:49 pm

aquasalad wrote:Heard it was Friday at Nicks at either 8 or 9:30, I would check but I am at work and can't get on the Maurer 2014 facebook page. Speaking of facebook, I don't wanna be cheesy or anything but someone should make a group so we can at least creep on each other a little bit before school starts- the current page doesn't allow you to see who else "likes" it

Congrats to all beginning to matriculate
That sucks! I'm the admin so I could see everyone who liked the page, just assumed everyone else could as well. I created a group to correct the problem. :)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 2317669167

As far as the TLS get together, I don't think any decisions have been made. I was the one who mentioned Nick's but it's pure speculation. I heard that is where the SLD "social event" was held last year, so figured it would be an easy spot to meet up.

rk90

New

Post by rk90 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:59 pm

RooksWS6 wrote:
aquasalad wrote:Heard it was Friday at Nicks at either 8 or 9:30, I would check but I am at work and can't get on the Maurer 2014 facebook page. Speaking of facebook, I don't wanna be cheesy or anything but someone should make a group so we can at least creep on each other a little bit before school starts- the current page doesn't allow you to see who else "likes" it

That sucks! I'm the admin so I could see everyone who liked the page, just assumed everyone else could as well. I created a group to correct the problem. :)

As far as the TLS get together, I don't think any decisions have been made. I was the one who mentioned Nick's but it's pure speculation. I heard that is where the SLD "social event" was held last year, so figured it would be an easy spot to meet up.
One of the 1Ls had mentioned Nick's more as an un-official get together... The 1Ls had done the same when his class visited. Said they wanted to keep the tradition going. Don't know how that fits with the 'social event' though. Thought that was a bit vague in what was a pretty detailed schedule. Could be what they meant. :?:

mf980

New

Post by mf980 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:57 pm

TommyK wrote:Daaaaang, I'm gonna' have to re-create a facebook profile so I can creep too. I was really happy to delete mine a few months ago. It's been liberating.
I don't think you can actually delete a facebook account.

I think it's just disabled, and you can enable it again.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 pm

mf980 wrote:
TommyK wrote:Daaaaang, I'm gonna' have to re-create a facebook profile so I can creep too. I was really happy to delete mine a few months ago. It's been liberating.
I don't think you can actually delete a facebook account.

I think it's just disabled, and you can enable it again.

You can. It's just really, really hard. Because, you know, Zuckerberg is kind of an evil nerd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 am

RooksWS6 wrote:

I've been tempted to join this thing just because I've followed all you youths in your journey. But instead, I've creepily watched from a distance, like a sketchy old guy in a trenchcoat at a high school. I'm kind of ok with that.

rk90

New

Post by rk90 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:39 am

danquayle wrote:
RooksWS6 wrote:

I've been tempted to join this thing just because I've followed all you youths in your journey. But instead, I've creepily watched from a distance, like a sketchy old guy in a trenchcoat at a high school. I'm kind of ok with that.
Or Wooderson from Dazed and Confused... :lol:

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 am

rk90 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
RooksWS6 wrote:

Or Wooderson from Dazed and Confused... :lol:
This is the biggest compliment I've ever gotten.

cerulean87

New

Post by cerulean87 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Yay for this.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cerulean87

New

Post by cerulean87 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm going to accept while at SLD this weekend. I'm also planning on summer start. No idea where I'm living yet though. Looking for a house not an apartment. I'm kind of a nut about noise and would really like a yard. Plus I have a huge dining set and need a place big enough to have a formal dining area. If anyone has suggestions I'm open :) Moving at the end of June. Anyone else for sure coming down for Summer Start?
Also DanQuayle you've been so helpful on all the different IUB related topics you should definitely join the fb group :)

MochaLatte05

New

Post by MochaLatte05 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:35 am

If you need help looking for a place, I attended IU for undergrad (finished in 2005)... and have finally decided (sort of) to join our class of 2014!

I'm excited... but am a bit worried I'm going to feel like a dinosaur next to everyone fresh out of undergrad, particularly since it's a blast from the past for me.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 am

MochaLatte05 wrote:If you need help looking for a place, I attended IU for undergrad (finished in 2005)... and have finally decided (sort of) to join our class of 2014!

I'm excited... but am a bit worried I'm going to feel like a dinosaur next to everyone fresh out of undergrad, particularly since it's a blast from the past for me.
I have the opposite concern - I feel like I'm going to be so young compared to everyone. I don't know why this worries me so much about law school, my friends have always been older than me. I'm more than used to jokes about me being the youngest one in the group by a lot.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 am

MochaLatte05 wrote:If you need help looking for a place, I attended IU for undergrad (finished in 2005)... and have finally decided (sort of) to join our class of 2014!

'04 grad here. I'll keep you company playing shuffleboard and telling them damn kids to stay off my lawn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rk90

New

Post by rk90 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 am

TommyK wrote:

'04 grad here. I'll keep you company playing shuffleboard and telling them damn kids to stay off my lawn.
And I thought I'd be the only relic...

rk90

New

Post by rk90 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 am

Btw has anyone thought about roommates... With a few exceptions, the nicer places I find tend to all be of the 2-3 bedroom variety. And would be nice to be able to split utils.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 pm

rk90 wrote:Btw has anyone thought about roommates... With a few exceptions, the nicer places I find tend to all be of the 2-3 bedroom variety. And would be nice to be able to split utils.
I'm seriously considering getting a roommate or two. I'd be open to renting a house and sharing it with three other law students. The only snag for me is that I have a lot of stuff with me since I have been living on my own for the last five years so I would be bringing my tv, main room furniture, washer/dryer, and kitchen stuff. I might be unable to match up with somebody who already has all that crap.

kcfella

New

Post by kcfella » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

rk90 wrote:
TommyK wrote:

And I thought I'd be the only relic...
I graduated in 2001. Thats right kiddos, I was born during the Carter administration. Give me a chance though, I am pretty immature and rarely act my age.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

kcfella wrote:I graduated in 2001. Thats right kiddos, I was born during the Carter administration. Give me a chance though, I am pretty immature and rarely act my age.
:lol:

AboveTheLawSchool

Bronze

Post by AboveTheLawSchool » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:35 pm

I suddenly feel very young

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:44 pm

TommyK wrote:
kcfella wrote:I graduated in 2001. Thats right kiddos, I was born during the Carter administration. Give me a chance though, I am pretty immature and rarely act my age.
:lol:
All this old people talk is ruining my Wooderson vibe.

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:04 pm

TommyK wrote:
rk90 wrote:Btw has anyone thought about roommates... With a few exceptions, the nicer places I find tend to all be of the 2-3 bedroom variety. And would be nice to be able to split utils.
I'm seriously considering getting a roommate or two. I'd be open to renting a house and sharing it with three other law students. The only snag for me is that I have a lot of stuff with me since I have been living on my own for the last five years so I would be bringing my tv, main room furniture, washer/dryer, and kitchen stuff. I might be unable to match up with somebody who already has all that crap.
I have none of that crap as I've been living overseas for 3 years.I would be down with having roommates. I won't be at SLD, but if anyone finds a house and is looking for roommates let me know.
Last edited by pcvmeli on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”