Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
aquasalad

Bronze

Re: Indiana Bloomington - Class of 2014

Post by aquasalad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm

matilda1980 wrote:My biggest hesitation was Bloomington itself--it's in the exact center of *nowhere* as far as I could tell
Have you been to campus yet? I'm sure I speak for several of us when I say after last weekend, the town will be the least of our worries.. the town rocks

12i

New

Post by 12i » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 pm

aquasalad wrote:
matilda1980 wrote:My biggest hesitation was Bloomington itself--it's in the exact center of *nowhere* as far as I could tell
Have you been to campus yet? I'm sure I speak for several of us when I say after last weekend, the town will be the least of our worries.. the town rocks
I will agree with this statement.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:12 pm

12i wrote:
aquasalad wrote:
I will agree with this statement.
Agreed. Town is awesome. Biggest worry is having to work in Indianapolis. I think I'll always feel like I'm always on a business trip somewhere I don't belong. Then again, I'm a wanderer by nature so I don't belong anywhere.

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 pm

jtravis wrote:Hey guys,

I wish I had been able to stick around for the TLS meet up, if one happened...? Had to get back to TN for work...
Does anyone know if IU is offering a deadline extension for a decision. I didn't realize it was this Friday!!
I have one more ASW to go and it's pretty much between that one and IU.

Thanks,
T
My deadline has been extended for a few weeks..It'll depend on what type of schollys you got and whether you are waiting on info from other schools.

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 pm

TommyK wrote: I'm a hoosier, baby!
Yea!! Congrats :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 pm

TommyK wrote: If you're used to the 24 hr/day accessibility of anything you want like NYC, it will fail to live up to those expectations, but it's a big enough town and diverse enough student population to have a lot to offer, I think.
Especially if you want four Steak & Shakes, and a Waffle House that is not affiliated with the national chain... :)

I'm kidding. I absolutely loved Bloomington but I'm a little nervous about all the "the"'s (excuse my complete inability to properly punctuate that statement).. "the" thai restaurant (not open 7 days :( ), "the" amc, "the" indian restaurant, "the" non-starbucks coffee shop...I'm hoping we just didn't have enough time to fully explore. Potential lack of restaurant diversity aside, the town rocks!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Jspain wrote:
TommyK wrote: If you're used to the 24 hr/day accessibility of anything you want like NYC, it will fail to live up to those expectations, but it's a big enough town and diverse enough student population to have a lot to offer, I think.
Especially if you want four Steak & Shakes, and a Waffle House that is not affiliated with the national chain... :)

I'm kidding. I absolutely loved Bloomington but I'm a little nervous about all the "the"'s (excuse my complete inability to properly punctuate that statement).. "the" thai restaurant (not open 7 days :( ), "the" amc, "the" indian restaurant, "the" non-starbucks coffee shop...I'm hoping we just didn't have enough time to fully explore. Potential lack of restaurant diversity aside, the town rocks!
Could be worse; when I lived in Indiana, I heard commercials that would reference "the four-way stop in [small town]". :lol:

On Yelp, there are 8 Indian restaurants, 13 Thai restaurants, at least a dozen non-SB coffee shops, etc. For a town as small as Bloomington, I think there actually is quite a bit of restaurant diversity.

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Lwoods wrote: On Yelp, there are 8 Indian restaurants, 13 Thai restaurants, at least a dozen non-SB coffee shops, etc. For a town as small as Bloomington, I think there actually is quite a bit of restaurant diversity.
Love it! I am happy to stand corrected on this.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 pm

So there's like 15 of us on here discussing things, 40 people in the facebook group, where's everyone else at?

I'm really interested to find out the exact size of our class and the final gender composition... I realize we won't know this until school starts, but would really appreciate it if they up'd the girl content this year...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Jspain wrote:
Lwoods wrote: On Yelp, there are 8 Indian restaurants, 13 Thai restaurants, at least a dozen non-SB coffee shops, etc. For a town as small as Bloomington, I think there actually is quite a bit of restaurant diversity.
Love it! I am happy to stand corrected on this.
Bloomington is about as diverse restaurant wise as you'll ever find for a city it's size.

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

aquasalad wrote:So there's like 15 of us on here discussing things, 40 people in the facebook group, where's everyone else at?

I'm really interested to find out the exact size of our class and the final gender composition... I realize we won't know this until school starts, but would really appreciate it if they up'd the girl content this year...
SLD was a sausage fest.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:10 pm

beidoun wrote:
aquasalad wrote:So there's like 15 of us on here discussing things, 40 people in the facebook group, where's everyone else at?

SLD was a sausage fest.
My point exactly. To all the ladies out there, the ones that did decide to show up were very nice looking.

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 pm

The facebook group was started on here so I'm assuming most people on there are just lurkers from TLS or have WAY too much time on their hands that they are seeking out groups on facebook.
I am curious how sausage festy our class will be.
... And wasn't someone complaining about the quality of ladies at SLD?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:39 pm

yes, some people in the fb group are lurkers on tls... like me

twairlines

Bronze

Post by twairlines » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:The facebook group was started on here so I'm assuming most people on there are just lurkers from TLS or have WAY too much time on their hands that they are seeking out groups on facebook.
Raises Hand. But in reality, some were attractive, it was just underwhelming coming from my current classes that are filled with airhead beauties. BTW, I'm itching to head back to Btown to explore it some more, and will probably be road-tripping it there in the coming month.

nadiaaa5860

New

Post by nadiaaa5860 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:44 pm

twairlines wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:The facebook group was started on here so I'm assuming most people on there are just lurkers from TLS or have WAY too much time on their hands that they are seeking out groups on facebook.
Raises Hand. But in reality, some were attractive, it was just underwhelming coming from my current classes that are filled with airhead beauties. BTW, I'm itching to head back to Btown to explore it some more, and will probably be road-tripping it there in the coming month.

Hey now, the men weren't all that either :) but yeah totally worried about the class being overwhelmingly male. Hopefully things even out.

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:52 pm

nadiaaa5860 wrote:
twairlines wrote:

Hey now, the men weren't all that either :) but yeah totally worried about the class being overwhelmingly male. Hopefully things even out.
Haha. Sausage festy. I don't remember SLD being particularly overwhelming with guys while I was there, to be honest. I met several girls out and about. Hmmph. Maybe wasn't paying close enough attention.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

nadiaaa5860 wrote:
twairlines wrote:

THIS!! LOL :lol:

twairlines

Bronze

Post by twairlines » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 pm

Hopefully admissions lets us all know how many students accepted so far by next week, just to give those who committed a sense of how large of a class they can expect. That is all.

12i

New

Post by 12i » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:45 pm

There is way too much sexual frustration on this forum title right now.

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Apparently those who attended SLD need to lower their standards

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 am

Switching it up a bit...Poolside is filled - anyone found any other fairly inexpensive studios or 1 BRs?

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

Jspain wrote:Switching it up a bit...Poolside is filled - anyone found any other fairly inexpensive studios or 1 BRs?
I called most the places on the list looking for two bedroom apartment and most were filled. Maybe you will have better luck looking for 1 BR.

--LinkRemoved--

Mollusk

New

Post by Mollusk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 pm

beidoun wrote:
Jspain wrote:Switching it up a bit...Poolside is filled - anyone found any other fairly inexpensive studios or 1 BRs?
I called most the places on the list looking for two bedroom apartment and most were filled. Maybe you will have better luck looking for 1 BR.

--LinkRemoved--
Are we talking about filled for fall semester or summer?

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Mollusk wrote:
beidoun wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
Are we talking about filled for fall semester or summer?
It is filled for the school year. You may have luck finding a sublet for the summer there, but the leases are a year long and generally start June 1. The lady told me they would be filled up by SLD so I went ahead and signed for mine about a month ago.

I visited the unit last week and the maintenance guy let me in to see what it was like. Overall I was impressed, it was way nicer than the fratty rent houses I lived in during undergrad and way less expensive. The 1 bedrooms are a pretty good size, you could have 5 or 6 people over in the living room and not be too cramped. The garage whoops ass, but is very tight so if you drive a Tahoe have fun navigating that beast. It is almost exactly a 5 minute walk to Maurer. I know this info doesn't help you, but there are some people on here waiting to hear what they are like. The chick who lives in it has some serious laundry issues, when I walked in there were clothes literally everywhere on the ground, in both rooms. Underwear, bras, just nasty crap EVERYWHERE. It reminded me of the show Hoarders. She apparently is a law student, so either she's just messy or we are really going to be falling behind on anything tangental to the study of law.

John

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”