GW Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby bender18 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Wow not a very active thread. Come on, who put down or is planning to put down the second deposit?


I did! :)

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 am

bender18 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Wow not a very active thread. Come on, who put down or is planning to put down the second deposit?


I did! :)


Me too! Just submitted it last week. 500 people in the entering class and a tiny thread. I guess GW students tend not to use TLS huh?

User avatar
bender18
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby bender18 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 am

Naked Dude wrote:
bender18 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Wow not a very active thread. Come on, who put down or is planning to put down the second deposit?


I did! :)


Me too! Just submitted it last week. 500 people in the entering class and a tiny thread. I guess GW students tend not to use TLS huh?


Yeah, I guess not. There is a thriving facebook group though.

jgclassof2014
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby jgclassof2014 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 pm

bender18 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
bender18 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Wow not a very active thread. Come on, who put down or is planning to put down the second deposit?


I did! :)


Me too! Just submitted it last week. 500 people in the entering class and a tiny thread. I guess GW students tend not to use TLS huh?


Yeah, I guess not. There is a thriving facebook group though.



What is the link to the facebook group?

User avatar
DjaliBashit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby DjaliBashit » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:51 am

Here is a link to the newly created Official Class of 2014 Group, which will be administered by the SBA with important information for you:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_204852746225877&ap=1

Also, be sure to "Like" the SBA on Facebook so you can get into the swing of student life at GW Law:

https://www.facebook.com/GWSBA

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:31 pm

There's another group I've been in for a while with a little over 100 members, and quite a bit of discussion going on. Admin is some rando, but it's Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 33084&ap=1

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby fatduck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 pm

just mailed my 2nd deposit

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 am

They just received mine. Wow. It's really happening.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:42 am

Mailing my second deposit today! :)

Anyone know when it's due by btw? I'm at work and they block the GW website (wtf, I know).

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Mailing my second deposit today! :)

Anyone know when it's due by btw? I'm at work and they block the GW website (wtf, I know).


I think it has to be postmarked by the 15th, but even if it has to actually be received that day, you're good.

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Man, quiet class. People not happy to be at GW, hoping for waitlists to pull through? Last year's class had 10 pages of discussion this time of year. 10 pages! Are we not at least as good as the class of 2013?

Anyone still searching for housing, or waiting to get an Aston confirmation email?

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Man, quiet class. People not happy to be at GW, hoping for waitlists to pull through? Last year's class had 10 pages of discussion this time of year. 10 pages! Are we not at least as good as the class of 2013?

Anyone still searching for housing, or waiting to get an Aston confirmation email?


I'm moving July 1st to DC, staying with a buddy until I find a nice apartment. Soooooo excited. :)

Oh, and also waiting for a michigan waitlist. But probably not going to happen.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Just got in off the WL and now I am trying to decide between GWU and Colorado.

GWU at sticker makes me a bit nervous...but at the same time only got $12k/$4k/$4k from CU...

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Do we get any swag after our second deposits are in? Even if it's just informational swag, would be nice.

leapincamelleopard
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby leapincamelleopard » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Do we get any swag after our second deposits are in? Even if it's just informational swag, would be nice.

I hope so, I just sent my second deposit in this morning.

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 am

According to some in the facebook group, Aston confirmations have started to go out via email. I assume I haven't received my email because I just submitted my deposit last week, but anyone else still waiting on this?

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2558
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby androstan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 am

Are there any other PTers out there? Those that have gone through the PT program:

What are the profs like and what is their style? Are there any non-required materials that can substantially help with a particular prof or profs?

How did you manage a full time job plus LS? It seems impossible (but I'm going to do it anyway).

I saw the academic schedule and midterm exams are listed. Are there actual midterms??? I thought it was all one big final.

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Man, quiet class. People not happy to be at GW, hoping for waitlists to pull through? Last year's class had 10 pages of discussion this time of year. 10 pages! Are we not at least as good as the class of 2013?

Anyone still searching for housing, or waiting to get an Aston confirmation email?


I'm moving July 1st to DC, staying with a buddy until I find a nice apartment. Soooooo excited. :)

Oh, and also waiting for a michigan waitlist. But probably not going to happen.


Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies

User avatar
TheFutureLawyer
Posts: 3876
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am

Did they email you when they got the second seat deposit? I sent mine Friday (happy I post-marked it).

Never mind, got the email.
Last edited by TheFutureLawyer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HyeMart
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby HyeMart » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am

yes, they e-mail

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2558
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby androstan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm

2nd deposit r has received

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Deuce » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Naked Dude wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Man, quiet class. People not happy to be at GW, hoping for waitlists to pull through? Last year's class had 10 pages of discussion this time of year. 10 pages! Are we not at least as good as the class of 2013?

Anyone still searching for housing, or waiting to get an Aston confirmation email?


I'm moving July 1st to DC, staying with a buddy until I find a nice apartment. Soooooo excited. :)

Oh, and also waiting for a michigan waitlist. But probably not going to happen.


Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies


Amazin movie

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby Naked Dude » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Deuce wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:Man, quiet class. People not happy to be at GW, hoping for waitlists to pull through? Last year's class had 10 pages of discussion this time of year. 10 pages! Are we not at least as good as the class of 2013?

Anyone still searching for housing, or waiting to get an Aston confirmation email?


I'm moving July 1st to DC, staying with a buddy until I find a nice apartment. Soooooo excited. :)

Oh, and also waiting for a michigan waitlist. But probably not going to happen.


Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies


Amazin movie


Sure is. And the director went on to make The Walking Dead...

Radio silence from GW. Maybe, now that the second deposit deadline has passed, we'll get something. Some informative email, some update to the portal, some swag, anything, anything at all.

User avatar
mi-chan17
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby mi-chan17 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 am

androstan wrote:Are there any other PTers out there? Those that have gone through the PT program:

What are the profs like and what is their style? Are there any non-required materials that can substantially help with a particular prof or profs?

How did you manage a full time job plus LS? It seems impossible (but I'm going to do it anyway).

I saw the academic schedule and midterm exams are listed. Are there actual midterms??? I thought it was all one big final.


I'm not a PT-er, so I can't answer your question regarding balancing/scheduling. I can tell you that Section 21 utilizes the same professors as the FT sections; this fall it looks like you have Abramowitz for CivPro and Maggs for Ks. I haven't had either of them, so I can't give you any particular advice; I would look for rising 2Ls from Section 11, though. They had Maggs for Ks both semesters.

There's only one midterm, and it's not worth all that much. It's basically GW Law giving 1Ls the opportunity to take a miniature exam for practice before finals are dropped on them. So you guys will get a mini-reading period, take a mini-exam (I think our midterm was only one hour), and then you get a mini-break immediately afterward. It's actually a good gig, because then you guys can get feedback before your entire grade is on the line.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:48 pm

When will we get our section assignments? I am assuming it will be at orientation because isn't there the option to opt in to section 15 at orientation?

When is everyone coming out to DC or are some people already there?




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest