GW Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
androstan

Gold

Re: GW Law Class of 2014

Post by androstan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 am

I'm already here, interning at the PTO.

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

Hi, everyone... officially joining the thread here. I'm already in DC working (have been for the past couple of years).

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Anyone interested in doing a TLS happy hour meetup in August? I get to DC on the 3rd.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Someone who knows the area should pick a place. I don't know where we'd wanna hold it. Alternatively, some students have been advertising semiregular happy hours on the GW facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk= ... 5581533084

RMFiedler

New

Post by RMFiedler » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey if any of you are still looking for a place, I just graduated from GW Law and am looking for someone to take my spot on a lease.

$1,125/month, about $75/month in utilities. Huge apartment, you'll have your own bathroom. Over by Potomac Ave. Metro (3 blocks), Safeway (one block), Harris Teeter (4 blocks).

If interested e-mail me: r.m.fiedler@gmail.com

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm

In off the waitlist today, what's up guys?

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 am

Last edited by bender18 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 am

law4vus wrote:In off the waitlist today, what's up guys?
That's fantastic, how thrilled are you?

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

bender18 wrote:Congrats to everyone who recently got in. Super excited to be moving to DC soon. :)
Me too! I quit my job and now I have a month to pack up and relax before I move out there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am

androstan wrote:
law4vus wrote:In off the waitlist today, what's up guys?
That's fantastic, how thrilled are you?
Extremely. I'm from the DC area and I really wanted to stay here. Otherwise, I'd have to make the big move down south to Emory. Not the worst thing ever but I definitely wanted to stick around in DC.

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 am

Last edited by bender18 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

bender18 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
bender18 wrote:Congrats to everyone who recently got in. Super excited to be moving to DC soon. :)
Me too! I quit my job and now I have a month to pack up and relax before I move out there.
Nice! Haha I've never lived in a place like DC before so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to get a feel for it before classes start. But it should all be good since orientation doesn't start until later in August, right?
DC is amazing. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it (have lived around DC my whole life). That goes for everyone else in the thread too!

Just learn the metro and you'll be good.

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Has anyone gotten their Aston assignment yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Naked Dude wrote:Has anyone gotten their Aston assignment yet?
I got an email saying that we'd find out our room assignment and other details by the 16th.

uclabrandon

New

Post by uclabrandon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:00 pm

anyone need a roommate? I just got addmitted off the waitlist and now I need to find someone asap! I prefer to live somewhere very close to campus (ie. The Columbia Plaza would be nice). I am a nice/clean guy from Los Angeles!! Let me know asap :)

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 pm

uclabrandon wrote:anyone need a roommate? I just got addmitted off the waitlist and now I need to find someone asap! I prefer to live somewhere very close to campus (ie. The Columbia Plaza would be nice). I am a nice/clean guy from Los Angeles!! Let me know asap :)
Congrats! I'm from the LA area as well. :)

I don't need a roommate (i'll be living in a studio by myself) but yeah the places close to campus are expensive. They are also mostly studios or at least that was what I saw when I was searching.

You could always try pad mapper as well. Are you going to do a trip to search for housing?

sparcarc

New

Post by sparcarc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Lol anyone else paying a full tuition here?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 pm

When do we get our GW emails? A bunch of my friends at other schools got theirs (some a couple months ago)

Edit: Just checked "Initially your portal account will be limited to information relevant to admitted students. In mid-August as the fall semester nears your account will be converted to a regular student account, including activation of e-mail. Your e-mail address will be based on your portal account user name: if your username is jdoe then your e-mail address will be jdoe@law.gwu.edu"

Hey, I'm an 11th hour guy myself. Guess I'll use my undergrad .edu email to apply for student discount stuff

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Naked Dude wrote:When do we get our GW emails? A bunch of my friends at other schools got theirs (some a couple months ago)

Edit: Just checked "Initially your portal account will be limited to information relevant to admitted students. In mid-August as the fall semester nears your account will be converted to a regular student account, including activation of e-mail. Your e-mail address will be based on your portal account user name: if your username is jdoe then your e-mail address will be jdoe@law.gwu.edu"

Hey, I'm an 11th hour guy myself. Guess I'll use my undergrad .edu email to apply for student discount stuff
Thanks for bringing that over Naked Dude. I was wondering about that myself, actually.

I kind of want to buy a GW Law sweatshirt...lol

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Figured it was time for me to join this thread...anyone have some housing info? I am trying to do this online and I saw Columbia Plaza and was wondering if anyone had some info on it?

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 pm

When do we get our tuition bills? I have yet to "accept" my student loan on the portal or do any sort of entrance counseling-waiting for some sort of email from GW on this? Or is there something I should have done already?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Naked Dude wrote:When do we get our tuition bills? I have yet to "accept" my student loan on the portal or do any sort of entrance counseling-waiting for some sort of email from GW on this? Or is there something I should have done already?
I accepted my student loan and then the portal had a bunch of stuff to fill out (entrance counseling and signing the promissory note). Now my ebill account is showing the tuition bill for $37k. But yeah, I had to go through the steps first. I just checked GWeb every day until the was no more forms and I checked yesterday on ebill and the tuition bill was there.

But you don't have to pay it yet.

Also make sure to get the immunization form filled out by August 1st. You can fax or mail it.

schooner

Bronze

Post by schooner » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:57 am

Naked Dude wrote:When do we get our GW emails? A bunch of my friends at other schools got theirs (some a couple months ago)

You can get a @gwu.edu email address already to use for student discounts and such. I don't remember where exactly I saw the page where you can sign up, but you can poke around the my.gwu.edu website. You just need your GWid to get one.

It appears to be separate from the @law.gwu.edu email system. By the way, it looks like you can pick almost any username for your @gwu.edu email address.

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm

schooner wrote:

You can get a @gwu.edu email address already to use for student discounts and such. I don't remember where exactly I saw the page where you can sign up, but you can poke around the my.gwu.edu website. You just need your GWid to get one.

It appears to be separate from the @law.gwu.edu email system. By the way, it looks like you can pick almost any username for your @gwu.edu email address.
Thanks! I found it. I created a net ID using my GW ID and voila.

schooner

Bronze

Post by schooner » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

justhockey31 wrote:Figured it was time for me to join this thread...anyone have some housing info? I am trying to do this online and I saw Columbia Plaza and was wondering if anyone had some info on it?
Have you done a search in the forums? I remember reading a few mentions about Columbia Plaza.

I just looked at the floorplans - http://www.columbiaplaza.net/floorplans.php These apartments are really expensive! You might be better off looking for a room on craigslist, depending on your need to live close by and your budget. (In the GW 1L answering your questions thread, there's a map of DC neighborhoods and which areas to avoid.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”