Ivy Gardens v. anywhere else

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
mmgcho

Ivy Gardens v. anywhere else

Postby mmgcho » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 am

The UVA law students I have spoken to have said that they lived in Ivy Gardens and would recommend it for the first year. It is not an inexpensive place to live - $825/1 BR; $925/2 BR, and, according to the photos posted on the Ivy Gardens site, the interior does not merit that price at all. But, it is super convenient to the law school. Given its reputation as the most social place to live for law/business school students, that could be a great advantage, and might make the higher cost worth it, but it might be depressing to be surrounded by people who are living the undergrad-redux lifestyle. Where else do 1Ls generally live if not in Ivy Gardens? I am awaiting acceptance to the class of 2014 facebook pg, so maybe this question is answered there. I just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone had an opinion.

dextermorgan

Re: Ivy Gardens v. anywhere else

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:01 pm

mmgcho wrote:The UVA law students I have spoken to have said that they lived in Ivy Gardens and would recommend it for the first year. It is not an inexpensive place to live - $825/1 BR; $925/2 BR, and, according to the photos posted on the Ivy Gardens site, the interior does not merit that price at all. But, it is super convenient to the law school. Given its reputation as the most social place to live for law/business school students, that could be a great advantage, and might make the higher cost worth it, but it might be depressing to be surrounded by people who are living the undergrad-redux lifestyle. Where else do 1Ls generally live if not in Ivy Gardens? I am awaiting acceptance to the class of 2014 facebook pg, so maybe this question is answered there. I just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone had an opinion.

You will probably get better advice in the UVA class of 2014 thread. From what I hear Ivy Gardens sucks, and most people living there wish they had gone for The Jeffersonian.

Edit: Go live here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125933

vanwinkle

Re: Ivy Gardens v. anywhere else

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Credited.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”