CU - Boulder class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby upfish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Okay I'll get excited about ASD, but my excitment is going to be tempered unless I get some money. I fully expect I'm going to be one of those that would have to pay sticker and if that is the case I'm not really sure I can justify attending. I agree though, this seems like a pretty fun group and it would be great to attend law school with all of you.


We all love each other SO much. :wink:


=D I love margaritas, at least. :mrgreen:

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I know what you mean upfish. I'm a city person too, but I plan on living as close to campus as financially possible. I guess I put a premium on convenience during school.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby upfish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 pm

ptblazer wrote:I know what you mean upfish. I'm a city person too, but I plan on living as close to campus as financially possible. I guess I put a premium on convenience during school.


Yeah. I plan to kind of 9-5 the school part of school, and wing everything else. If when I visit I feel it's too far, I might suck it up and live in Boulder. I've only been in the Denver area once on my way to Breck, so it will be a learning experience.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:I know what you mean upfish. I'm a city person too, but I plan on living as close to campus as financially possible. I guess I put a premium on convenience during school.


Yeah. I plan to kind of 9-5 the school part of school, and wing everything else. If when I visit I feel it's too far, I might suck it up and live in Boulder. I've only been in the Denver area once on my way to Breck, so it will be a learning experience.


I've actually had success with that strategy before. Living further away can eliminate the distractions and make you focus while you are on campus.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 pm

ptblazer wrote:
upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:I know what you mean upfish. I'm a city person too, but I plan on living as close to campus as financially possible. I guess I put a premium on convenience during school.


Yeah. I plan to kind of 9-5 the school part of school, and wing everything else. If when I visit I feel it's too far, I might suck it up and live in Boulder. I've only been in the Denver area once on my way to Breck, so it will be a learning experience.


I've actually had success with that strategy before. Living further away can eliminate the distractions and make you focus while you are on campus.


Are you referring to me???

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 pm

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:I know what you mean upfish. I'm a city person too, but I plan on living as close to campus as financially possible. I guess I put a premium on convenience during school.


Yeah. I plan to kind of 9-5 the school part of school, and wing everything else. If when I visit I feel it's too far, I might suck it up and live in Boulder. I've only been in the Denver area once on my way to Breck, so it will be a learning experience.


I've actually had success with that strategy before. Living further away can eliminate the distractions and make you focus while you are on campus.


Are you referring to me???


Hahaha, thanks I love when I'm genuinely brought to laughter.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
I've actually had success with that strategy before. Living further away can eliminate the distractions and make you focus while you are on campus.


Are you referring to me???


Hahaha, thanks I love when I'm genuinely brought to laughter.


:D

... but don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my question. :wink:

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
I've actually had success with that strategy before. Living further away can eliminate the distractions and make you focus while you are on campus.


Are you referring to me???


Hahaha, thanks I love when I'm genuinely brought to laughter.


:D

... but don't think I didn't notice that you didn't answer my question. :wink:


Oh, you noticed that did you...? :wink:

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:01 pm

ASD...just got an email about it. Also looking on the admitted students page, we've got homework??

Lulz.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:06 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:ASD...just got an email about it. Also looking on the admitted students page, we've got homework??

Lulz.


Yup got the same email, I also took a quick glance at the "homework."

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 pm

ptblazer wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:ASD...just got an email about it. Also looking on the admitted students page, we've got homework??

Lulz.


Yup got the same email, I also took a quick glance at the "homework."


Haven't done homework in a year...this will be interesting. I will see if my brain still works. Haha.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:ASD...just got an email about it. Also looking on the admitted students page, we've got homework??

Lulz.


Yup got the same email, I also took a quick glance at the "homework."


Haven't done homework in a year...this will be interesting. I will see if my brain still works. Haha.


I worried about the same thing too. Haha, well I guess I can count out doing anything Thursday evening in Boulder, because I know what I will be doing now.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby upfish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 pm

ptblazer wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:ASD...just got an email about it. Also looking on the admitted students page, we've got homework??

Lulz.


Yup got the same email, I also took a quick glance at the "homework."


Haven't done homework in a year...this will be interesting. I will see if my brain still works. Haha.


I worried about the same thing too. Haha, well I guess I can count out doing anything Thursday evening in Boulder, because I know what I will be doing now.


Well, thank god for you guys because I totally skimmed that shit and was like "Okay, I KNOW about the ASD, CU! Get it together!" Time to re-read that email haha.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12770
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby LeDique » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Did people who RSVP'd get confirmation? I sent my RSVP email yesterday, didnt get a response of any kind...but got that invite e-mail today.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:32 pm

LeDique wrote:Did people who RSVP'd get confirmation? I sent my RSVP email yesterday, didnt get a response of any kind...but got that invite e-mail today.


Yes, but it wasn't immediately.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12770
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby LeDique » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Heh, just thought it was odd that I sent my RSVP email this morning and got that one this evening. Sounds good.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am

Can't believe I'd completely missed this thread! Thanks you, upfish, for the linkage. :)

So I got my stipend request approved today and will almost certainly make the March ASD. But for all those flying in, how are you getting to Boulder? I tried searching for flights and none are arriving to Boulder; I'm assuming the next closest airport is Denver. Taking a taxi from Denver to Boulder would be brutal on my wallet and I'm still too young to rent a car. I doubt the CU student I'm rooming with could make it all the way to pick me up. What to do?


upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Alright so drinks after the diversity dinner then since a good portion of us are going to it?


I am obviously pro this idea. :D

+ 1,000,000 :D

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ArchRoark » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 am

Checking in, not sure I am going to attend, but it is certainly on the short list.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 am

jwmalone87 wrote:Can't believe I'd completely missed this thread! Thanks you, upfish, for the linkage. :)

So I got my stipend request approved today and will almost certainly make the March ASD. But for all those flying in, how are you getting to Boulder? I tried searching for flights and none are arriving to Boulder; I'm assuming the next closest airport is Denver. Taking a taxi from Denver to Boulder would be brutal on my wallet and I'm still too young to rent a car. I doubt the CU student I'm rooming with could make it all the way to pick me up. What to do?


upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Alright so drinks after the diversity dinner then since a good portion of us are going to it?


I am obviously pro this idea. :D

+ 1,000,000 :D


I'm flying into Denver and taking the bus to Boulder. It goes direct from DIA to Boulder (I think it is called the AB). Not sure how much it costs though.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 am

ptblazer wrote:I'm flying into Denver and taking the bus to Boulder. It goes direct from DIA to Boulder (I think it is called the AB). Not sure how much it costs though.

Perfect. Thanks!

rekopter
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby rekopter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm a current 3L here for any questions..

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby upfish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:54 pm

rekopter wrote:I'm a current 3L here for any questions..


If you're comfortable answering, what's employment for your class looking like, and is it what you expected?

rekopter
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby rekopter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:01 pm

If you're comfortable answering, what's employment for your class looking like, and is it what you expected?


It's bad wherever you are, but the good news is that it's picking up.

I would say that about a third of my class has some sort of job lined up for next year. About 10-15 with clerkships, 10 or so with big firms, about 10-20 with government (DOJ honors, DAs, PDs), and then 10-20 or so with small firms.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:55 pm

I just got this message over LSN:

Hello
I am Anna Enrey,a Filipino by nationality, And once President,Joseph Estrada courier mistress. Honestly I would like to have an investment and confidant relationship with you.i need your assist to claims of some funds I deposited in a trusted finance company , The Amount is $9.5M 4more details email me at: ( anna.enrey@yahoo.com) All major cost are settled.
Anna


Nice try, OldHippie. Not buying the courier mistress cover. You're just going to have to wait and see what CU gives you.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby stlisforlovers » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 pm

The vibe in this thread makes me excited about CU. It's definitely going to be a fun class.
Last edited by stlisforlovers on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest