CU - Boulder class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
krad

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks boiler, I actually called admissions (because I talk to them all the time ha) and she emailed it to me again :) I <3 their administration, always very helpful!

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Just want to slip in here and say that (back from page 2) everyone's definition of "good" mexican food is different. To me, it doesn't get better than New Mexico. If you like New Mexican style dishes, there are a lot of places near Boulder that you will love. Personally, now I am out in California, and while some of the tacquerias here are delicious, it's way different than New Mexico / CO mexican food and I don't like it as much. For the very best Mexican food, you'll have to drive the twenty minutes to Longmont, but I know a great, beautiful tiny restaurant if any of you are intererted.

I grew up in the area and went to CU-Boulder undergrad and will be doing legal work in CO in the summer, so if you guys have questions about restaurants, bars, running trails, mountain biking spots, rock climbing gyms and locations, or other lifestyley things, ask!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I <3 New Mexican food. Green chili FTW!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:14 pm

krad wrote:Wooo April ASD fast approaches! I was thinking of taking the bus up from Denver so I don't have to worry about driving aka I can hit up a happy hr for a while :) My SO also may drive up after ASW for beers since he's done with his last surgery at noon woot.

Bananeez you might be around too, right? Meet up?

YES! Include me in the hh plans for sure! Pearl?

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:18 pm

bananeez wrote: YES! Include me in the hh plans for sure! Pearl?

I was thinking Pearl would be great! Maybe we can convine a current student or two to join? I'll fbook ya here in a bit when I can get on my phone (no fbook at work). :)

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:24 pm

krad wrote:

I was thinking Pearl would be great! Maybe we can convine a current student or two to join? I'll fbook ya here in a bit when I can get on my phone (no fbook at work). :)

I hope so! Several of them were more than willing to come to the Rio last time... :D

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:30 pm

I figured :) I may or may not have been combing through the facebook group last week and I have to say that this group looks pretty fun...!

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi everyone!

I'll be getting to Boulder Thursday afternoon and would love to get together with future classmates. Never been to Boulder so super excited!

Pronkbaggins

Postby Pronkbaggins » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for the input on the dual degrees! I still need to figure out the housing situation and I'm waiting to hear from the financial aid office. Does anyone know anything about filing for re-evaluation because of an unusual circumstance?

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

a question to pigglyback on pronck...have people gotten their info back from financial aid yet about loans and such? i'm not even sure they've gotten my fafsa, i was planning to ask this week...

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

krad wrote:

i third pearl....great way to see a cool part of boulder and lots of food/drink options...
getting EXCITED!!!! :D :D

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 pm

oldhippie wrote:a question to pigglyback on pronck...have people gotten their info back from financial aid yet about loans and such? i'm not even sure they've gotten my fafsa, i was planning to ask this week...

I was wondering the same thing this week. I can't say for sure that they've gotten our fafsa, but I know they were suppose to start downloading them about 2 months ago (via emails with CU). Seems like that is something they would try to send out before the deposit deadline.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:39 pm

ptblazer wrote:
oldhippie wrote:a question to pigglyback on pronck...have people gotten their info back from financial aid yet about loans and such? i'm not even sure they've gotten my fafsa, i was planning to ask this week...

I was wondering the same thing this week. I can't say for sure that they've gotten our fafsa, but I know they were suppose to start downloading them about 2 months ago. Seems like that is something they would try to send out before the deposit deadline.

Agreed! I was also planning to ask on Friday...

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Wish I could go... However, CU has made me very sad this cycle. I called admissions and they haven't made a decision on my file yet. (wth)

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:43 pm

krad wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

I was wondering the same thing this week. I can't say for sure that they've gotten our fafsa, but I know they were suppose to start downloading them about 2 months ago. Seems like that is something they would try to send out before the deposit deadline.

+ 1. I asked at March ASD and they told me they would be sent out at the same time as the schollys that were going out the week after the ASD. Having since received one of those schollys that appears to not be the case.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 pm

typ3 wrote:Wish I could go... However, CU has made me very sad this cycle. I called admissions and they haven't made a decision on my file yet. (wth)

Hawkeyes, FTW.

We can make roadtrips to visit Boulder and snowboard in Summit County every Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring break.

Ok, maybe we'll go somewhere warm for Spring Break. But the other two, for sure. We should have the extra $$ :-)

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:Wish I could go... However, CU has made me very sad this cycle. I called admissions and they haven't made a decision on my file yet. (wth)

Hawkeyes, FTW.

We can make roadtrips to visit Boulder and snowboard in Summit County every Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring break.

Ok, maybe we'll go somewhere warm for Spring Break. But the other two, for sure. We should have the extra $$ :-)

This is true. And Boji during the summers.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Boo, I wish I could go again and join you all for happy hour :D

I will be in DC this weekend freezing....and hoping the Cherry Blossoms are blooming for the 10 mile race.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

typ3 wrote:This is true. And Boji during the summers.

No doubt. And some weekends in April/Sept

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Just got an email with the title of the subject "scholarship increase." The email was actually spam from phoenix school of law, whom I've never applied or expressed any interest in. I know it's just a mass email attempt to get some poor souls to go there, but I don't appreciate it.

So why do I want to study law?... well now it's to figure out a way to keep this from happening.
Last edited by ptblazer on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pronkbaggins

Postby Pronkbaggins » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 am

krad wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

I've tried calling the financial aid office for a while but I still haven't heard back. I thought they would have processed my FAFSA by now too or at least alerted me of any news...

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

Pronkbaggins wrote:
krad wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

I've tried calling the financial aid office for a while but I still haven't heard back. I thought they would have processed my FAFSA by now too or at least alerted me of any news...

When I turned in my deposit, I saw the financial aid lady, and she said my fasfa was processed and showed me my loan qualifications/ pkg. But she said only a few were in at that time. She was very nice, I'm sure you can all call or drop in there.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 am

I'm giving CU until the end of next week to make a decision after that I'm withdrawing and likely heading to Iowa.. as sad as that makes me.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:08 am

typ3 wrote:I'm giving CU until the end of next week to make a decision after that I'm withdrawing and likely heading to Iowa.. as sad as that makes me.

:? I hope they get back to you soon!!

Omega10

Postby Omega10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:58 am

Who would be the best person to contact regarding the negotiation of merit scholarships? Or is it better to call?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”