CU - Boulder class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ptblazer

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 am

stlisforlovers wrote:So I'm currently in Boulder visiting my brother. I'm currently looking at the Flatirons and sipping a locally brewed beer and I gotta say its making me lean HEAVILY towards CU. I love everything about this place and I'm thinking the extra cost to go to CU would totally be worth it. :D

I think I am definitly in a minority and I'll probably get kicked out of this thread for say this, but (first off 100% love the school) I think Colorado is kinda ugly, haha. I'm sure there are really beautiful places in the mountains. I guess I'm just accoustomed to lots of trees, greenery, mountains that aren't brown and it being less flat. That is probably how I've come to measure scenic beauty for me, I'm sure it is different for everyone. School is amazing though.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:35 am

I'm from endless plains that is a drab gray/brown color 75% of the year. Colorado looks like another world to me.

upfish

Postby upfish » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am

ptblazer wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:So I'm currently in Boulder visiting my brother. I'm currently looking at the Flatirons and sipping a locally brewed beer and I gotta say its making me lean HEAVILY towards CU. I love everything about this place and I'm thinking the extra cost to go to CU would totally be worth it. :D

I think I am definitly in a minority and I'll probably get kicked out of this thread for say this, but (first off 100% love the school) I think Colorado is kinda ugly, haha. I'm sure there are really beautiful places in the mountains. I guess I'm just accoustomed to lots of trees, greenery, mountains that aren't brown and it being less flat. That is probably how I've come to measure scenic beauty for me, I'm sure it is different for everyone. School is amazing though.

No, I agree too. I was like "Oh man, it is like flying from ugly swamp to ugly plain."

Especially seeing it in contrast with Seattle this past weekend on my connecting flight home.

But I like it enough, haha.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 am

ptblazer wrote:

Haha, don't worry - I kind of think it is not that pretty at least compared to certain parts of Orange County...

BUT I loved the look/feel of Pearl street - so much cooler than anything around here where it is chain restaurant city 101 with boring architecture.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 am

geeeeez yall are spoiled.

(im very jealous)

eminem

Postby eminem » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 am

28 years old, married. Interestingly, the Dean's Welcome speech from last year noted that 6 in 10 first year students had work experience between undergrad and law school.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 am

CO is SUPER brown in the winter when things die... It gets a lot greener come spring, but it's way too dry here to be 'green' to compare to places like the Southeast, PNW, and CA (where most things are artificially added to the environment anyway). :D

eminem wrote:28 years old, married. Interestingly, the Dean's Welcome speech from last year noted that 6 in 10 first year students had work experience between undergrad and law school.

Thanks for the info!!

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

brown in the winter means there's an actual change in seasons!! after being in the south for so long, it's hard to remember that things die, then bloom, then grow....it'll be kinda nice to see it in action again :D

upfish

Postby upfish » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 pm

So depending on my boyfriend and when he can move, I too might be looking for a roommate for a year or so. but I wanna live in Denver. =( Is anyone else looking to live there rather than Boulder?

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm

upfish wrote:So depending on my boyfriend and when he can move, I too might be looking for a roommate for a year or so. but I wanna live in Denver. =( Is anyone else looking to live there rather than Boulder?

Yeah, if anybody is interested in being my roommate in my totally awesome apartment on Pearl Street in Boulder, let me know, and we could see if we would click as roommates! I figure living with a fellow law student is probably a good idea for schedule (and a general lack of life) purposes. :mrgreen:

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:12 pm

upfish wrote:

No, I agree too. I was like "Oh man, it is like flying from ugly swamp to ugly plain."

Especially seeing it in contrast with Seattle this past weekend on my connecting flight home.

GTFO! Seattle is "green and pretty" but completely unenjoyable because it is GREY AND RAINY 315 days out of the year. I haven't enjoyed the scenery here 90% of the time since I moved here due to the weather. I'd much rather have Colorado's less green scenery with 300 days of sunshine. #planbetter

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

upfish wrote:So depending on my boyfriend and when he can move, I too might be looking for a roommate for a year or so. but I wanna live in Denver. =( Is anyone else looking to live there rather than Boulder?

I currently live in Denver, but if I end up at CU I will be moving to Boulder because I don't want to worry about commuting!

<glances at banaeez, considers roommate offer... pondering.>

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 pm

hell, bananeez...i'm even tempted to move into a badass apartment on pearl street! but i have a SO and a dog so i supposed i should live with them instead.....

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 pm

krad wrote:

I currently live in Denver, but if I end up at CU I will be moving to Boulder because I don't want to worry about commuting!

<glances at banaeez, considers roommate offer... pondering.>

:D Yes! Definitely let me know, Krad! (p.s. I'm about two blocks away from the Rio's margaritas...)

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 pm

oldhippie wrote:hell, bananeez...i'm even tempted to move into a badass apartment on pearl street! but i have a SO and a dog so i supposed i should live with them instead.....

I'll get an air mattress for you. :wink:

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

bananeez wrote: :D Yes! Definitely let me know, Krad! (p.s. I'm about two blocks away from the Rio's margaritas...)

I had pretty much decided to live alone for 1L... until I read the bolded!

upfish

Postby upfish » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

chrisbru wrote:
upfish wrote:

GTFO! Seattle is "green and pretty" but completely unenjoyable because it is GREY AND RAINY 315 days out of the year. I haven't enjoyed the scenery here 90% of the time since I moved here due to the weather. I'd much rather have Colorado's less green scenery with 300 days of sunshine. #planbetter

Haha, I wasn't talking about Seattle in the first sentence! I live in Houston, which is the ugly swamp.

I LOVE the rainy Seattle greenery. =)

Edit: Just realized you were anti-Seattle, not anti-swamp-imagery. TSK TSK! haha

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

krad wrote:
bananeez wrote: :D Yes! Definitely let me know, Krad! (p.s. I'm about two blocks away from the Rio's margaritas...)

I had pretty much decided to live alone for 1L... until I read the bolded!

(Also two block from the Boulder County Justice Center, but who cares about that, right?

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Rio > justice blah blah

I grew up in a swamp! Aka Florida haha. Honestly, though, you can't beat the weather here, unless you require humidity and/or don't like having different seasons. The winters are a lot more mild than most people realize <- great state secret

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm

krad wrote:Rio > justice blah blah

I grew up in a swamp! Aka Florida haha. Honestly, though, you can't beat the weather here, unless you require humidity and/or don't like having different seasons. The winters are a lot more mild than most people realize <- great state secret

SHHHH! Winters are terrible here - I'm still trying to dig out from that three feet inch storm we had a few weeks ago! The 65 degree weather didn't help today, and tomorrow 75 degrees is going to be worse!

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:

SHHHH! Winters are terrible here - I'm still trying to dig out from that three feet inch storm we had a few weeks ago! The 65 degree weather didn't help today, and tomorrow 75 degrees is going to be worse!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 am

oldhippie wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like such a painful winter. :mrgreen:

krad

Postby krad » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 am

I'm wearing a dress and sandals today :mrgreen:

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 am

krad wrote:I'm wearing a dress and sandals today :mrgreen:

Weird that we're wearing the same things today... wait.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 am

Last edited by LeDique on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”