CU - Boulder class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
bananeez

Bronze

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:12 am

upfish wrote:We could create a facebook group, maybe, if everyone is open to that? Or do a quick pic posting that we then rescind because I know *I* don't want my face associated w/my TLS username! haha
Maybe we can do a place on campus and time to meet after the Open House? Or have everyone PM one person who will be charge of sending the secret info? And from there, decide where we're meeting that night? (Margaritas! Margaritas!! :D :D )

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 pm

upfish wrote:We could create a facebook group, maybe, if everyone is open to that? Or do a quick pic posting that we then rescind because I know *I* don't want my face associated w/my TLS username! haha
Some of us already have.

It's hard to compete when you already know one of us a super model. Damn you krad!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:40 pm

There's a facebook page for admitted students that we could post on so that everyone who wants to come could (not just TLS folk!)

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:There's a facebook page for admitted students that we could post on so that everyone who wants to come could (not just TLS folk!)
Facebook is creepy... but your profile pic is really artsy!!!!!!

I think I've figured out who everyone is on here.

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:56 pm

typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:There's a facebook page for admitted students that we could post on so that everyone who wants to come could (not just TLS folk!)
Facebook is creepy... but your profile pic is really artsy!!!!!! I think I've figured out who everyone is on here.
Hahaha true.... and CREEPY!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Facebook is creepy... but your profile pic is really artsy!!!!!! I think I've figured out who everyone is on here.
HOW!? I am so good at being creepy, and yet have not figured this out.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Yea, I prefer the obscurity of TLS by far. What is worse is the horror stories of Adcoms finding out who people are on TLS. Anna Levine had a good comment on it. CU adcoms are just reading these threads laughing at me.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:02 pm

typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Yea, I prefer the obscurity of TLS by far. What is worse is the horror stories of Adcoms finding out who people are on TLS. Anna Levine had a good comment on it. CU adcoms are just reading these threads laughing at me.
with CU, I think we're all safe as long as we're not James the Scholarship Info Requester haha

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:05 pm

upfish wrote:
typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
typ3 wrote:
with CU, I think we're all safe as long as we're not James the Scholarship Info Requester haha

That's why I haven't joined yet -- privacy reasons. Is it safe??? :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Sometimes, I'm sort of confused by people's concerns about privacy on TLS and Facebook. I'm sure any adcomms could VERY easily figured out who I am, and so far, I don't think it has affected my cycle.
I try to be nice and not bad mouth schools... There are some weiiiiiird threads in the lounge that maybe adcomms would frown upon, but otherwise...
Any insight?

Edit: also typ3, isn't it a private group and you haven't been admitted yet? How are you ninjaing around the group?

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:23 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Sometimes, I'm sort of confused by people's concerns about privacy on TLS and Facebook. I'm sure any adcomms could VERY easily figured out who I am, and so far, I don't think it has affected my cycle.
I try to be nice and not bad mouth schools... There are some weiiiiiird threads in the lounge that maybe adcomms would frown upon, but otherwise...
Any insight?

Edit: also typ3, isn't it a private group and you haven't been admitted yet? How are you ninjaing around the group?
Ok, you easily convinced me... :wink: Just requested to join. Now everyone is going to figure out who I am within seconds... haha.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Sometimes, I'm sort of confused by people's concerns about privacy on TLS and Facebook. I'm sure any adcomms could VERY easily figured out who I am, and so far, I don't think it has affected my cycle.
Any insight?

Yeah I joined the facebook group too and I'm not concerned with privacy issues. Personally, I'm not going to write something on the internet that I would be embarrassed or ashamed to put my name and face next to. I think most people on this thread feel the same.

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

I have just read posts from people who are like I'm applying to a T14 in a metropolitan area. But I'm not going to say where. I have somewhere between a 170-180 and 3.5-3.99. But I'm not going to say what my numbers are. What are my chances?
:roll:
Don't be a douche on TLS and post pictures of you with strippers and coke on FB and I think you should be fine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I have just read posts from people who are like I'm applying to a T14 in a metropolitan area. But I'm not going to say where. I have somewhere between a 170-180 and 3.5-3.99. But I'm not going to say what my numbers are. What are my chances?
:roll:
Don't be a douche on TLS and post pictures of you with strippers and coke on FB and I think you should be fine.
Haha, thats good advice in general, not just TLS and FB.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 am

bananeez wrote: Now everyone is going to figure out who I am within seconds... haha.
Yup :)

catinthewall

Bronze

Post by catinthewall » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:47 am

stlisforlovers wrote: Don't be a douche on TLS and post pictures of you with strippers and coke on FB and I think you should be fine.
Does a Vagina Monologue on YouTube count??? I didn't tell a SOUL in the Navy about my Monologue...

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 am

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote: Now everyone is going to figure out who I am within seconds... haha.
Yup :)
Not fair... You already had an advantage :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Good luck this weekend at the Oscars Bananeez. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 pm

lol, I really could have picked a less conspicuous TLS username. I'll try to post something on the FB group regarding a meet soon :)

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 am

stlisforlovers wrote:
Idk. It didn't take too long to figure out who is who given the data between their LSN and here. Also, some people share the same TLS name as their AIMs. If you need some help figuring out who people are P.M. me.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey folks, sorry I'm a little late to the party over here! Sending in an RSVP today for the April 1 ASD - getting pretty excited!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:02 pm

typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
Idk. It didn't take too long to figure out who is who given the data between their LSN and here. Also, some people share the same TLS name as their AIMs. If you need some help figuring out who people are P.M. me.
Precisely why I don't use my AIM for my TLS username! Someone else is the primary user of "upfish" on the internet, and I hide among their haystack of info. =D (Although the Facebook group might give me away.)

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:22 pm

upfish wrote:
typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
Precisely why I don't use my AIM for my TLS username! Someone else is the primary user of "upfish" on the internet, and I hide among their haystack of info. =D (Although the Facebook group might give me away.)
Yeah, I'm probably pretty easy to figure out.

also someone got scholarship information today that was not a full-ride.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:50 pm

So, for March ASDers, I'm definitely skiing at Keystone [or maybe Breck] on Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested in joining. I don't remember who all was involved in the conversation before.

I still haven't joined the facebook group though.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

LeDique wrote:So, for March ASDers, I'm definitely skiing at Keystone [or maybe Breck] on Saturday and Sunday, if anyone is interested in joining. I don't remember who all was involved in the conversation before.

I still haven't joined the facebook group though.
I am definitely interested - I won't have a car though...I was originally just going to bus to Eldora, but would rather do Keystone or Breck.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”