CU - Boulder class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll be flying in Thursday evening for the March ASD. If anyone else is down, maybe we can arrange for some sort of meeting place on Pearl Street that night.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:I'll be flying in Thursday evening for the March ASD. If anyone else is down, maybe we can arrange for some sort of meeting place on Pearl Street that night.


That would be awesome. Wow. That picture of pearl street looks so GORGEOUS!

catinthewall
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby catinthewall » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 pm

There's a Warrior Dash two hours away in Copper Mountain, CO. It's the weekend after orientation and before classes start. I've never done it, but have always wanted to run one.

--LinkRemoved--

I can fit four more in my car ;)

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

catinthewall wrote:There's a Warrior Dash two hours away in Copper Mountain, CO. It's the weekend after orientation and before classes start. I've never done it, but have always wanted to run one.

--LinkRemoved--

I can fit four more in my car ;)


Count me in if I go to CU. I am planning to move in to wherever I go in July. Want to get settled in ahead of when classes start.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

When I'm in Boulder, I love to go to:
-Rocky Mountain National Park (obviously you can't get there without a car, but if anyone goes to ASD with one, it's GORGEOUS and a relatively inexpensive way to spend a glorious day)
-Walnut Street Brewery has really good microbrews and good (but sorta pricey) foods- not very vegetarian friendly, if there are any other veg heads out there. The restaurant part gets SUPER crowded for dinner, so it might be a good spot just to get a beer. (You can get the sampler and try all their beers and share with a friend! or you, know, not :wink: ) It's a couple blocks away from Pearl Street mall.
- The Dushanbe Teahouse is really cool. I love tea and they have an entire menu just dedicated to it!! It was made for Boulder in Tajikistan and assembled in Colorado without the use of any power tools. The inside is beautiful, and the food is very good (mostly Middle Eastern and Meditteranean food, again sorta pricey). You can tell all your friends you were at the only Tajikistan teahouse in the United States! It is also within walking distance of Pearl Street.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:When I'm in Boulder, I love to go to:
-Rocky Mountain National Park (obviously you can't get there without a car, but if anyone goes to ASD with one, it's GORGEOUS and a relatively inexpensive way to spend a glorious day)
-Walnut Street Brewery has really good microbrews and good (but sorta pricey) foods- not very vegetarian friendly, if there are any other veg heads out there. The restaurant part gets SUPER crowded for dinner, so it might be a good spot just to get a beer. (You can get the sampler and try all their beers and share with a friend! or you, know, not :wink: ) It's a couple blocks away from Pearl Street mall.
- The Dushanbe Teahouse is really cool. I love tea and they have an entire menu just dedicated to it!! It was made for Boulder in Tajikistan and assembled in Colorado without the use of any power tools. The inside is beautiful, and the food is very good (mostly Middle Eastern and Meditteranean food, again sorta pricey). You can tell all your friends you were at the only Tajikistan teahouse in the United States! It is also within walking distance of Pearl Street.


Those are all very good ideas! The Teahouse is definitely cool, and Rocky Mountain Nat Park is really beautiful. There are also really short hikes or drives if you just want a good view of Boulder -- like Flagstaff or just the view from NCAR. Or a hike from Chautauqua.

I'm also up for maybe a Thursday outing! And the Friday one too! How are we going to organize all this?

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:48 pm

bananeez wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:When I'm in Boulder, I love to go to:
-Rocky Mountain National Park (obviously you can't get there without a car, but if anyone goes to ASD with one, it's GORGEOUS and a relatively inexpensive way to spend a glorious day)
-Walnut Street Brewery has really good microbrews and good (but sorta pricey) foods- not very vegetarian friendly, if there are any other veg heads out there. The restaurant part gets SUPER crowded for dinner, so it might be a good spot just to get a beer. (You can get the sampler and try all their beers and share with a friend! or you, know, not :wink: ) It's a couple blocks away from Pearl Street mall.
- The Dushanbe Teahouse is really cool. I love tea and they have an entire menu just dedicated to it!! It was made for Boulder in Tajikistan and assembled in Colorado without the use of any power tools. The inside is beautiful, and the food is very good (mostly Middle Eastern and Meditteranean food, again sorta pricey). You can tell all your friends you were at the only Tajikistan teahouse in the United States! It is also within walking distance of Pearl Street.


Those are all very good ideas! The Teahouse is definitely cool, and Rocky Mountain Nat Park is really beautiful. There are also really short hikes or drives if you just want a good view of Boulder -- like Flagstaff or just the view from NCAR. Or a hike from Chautauqua.

I'm also up for maybe a Thursday outing! And the Friday one too! How are we going to organize all this?


Not quite sure... Everyone has carrier owls right? I'll just send my owl over with the place to meet and the secret password :wink:

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Those are all very good ideas! The Teahouse is definitely cool, and Rocky Mountain Nat Park is really beautiful. There are also really short hikes or drives if you just want a good view of Boulder -- like Flagstaff or just the view from NCAR. Or a hike from Chautauqua.

I'm also up for maybe a Thursday outing! And the Friday one too! How are we going to organize all this?


Not quite sure... Everyone has carrier owls right? I'll just send my owl over with the place to meet and the secret password :wink:


Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 pm

bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Those are all very good ideas! The Teahouse is definitely cool, and Rocky Mountain Nat Park is really beautiful. There are also really short hikes or drives if you just want a good view of Boulder -- like Flagstaff or just the view from NCAR. Or a hike from Chautauqua.

I'm also up for maybe a Thursday outing! And the Friday one too! How are we going to organize all this?


Not quite sure... Everyone has carrier owls right? I'll just send my owl over with the place to meet and the secret password :wink:


Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D


I for one will be wearing a I AM FROM TLS sign around my neck.

:mrgreen:

catinthewall
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby catinthewall » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 pm

I'll be easy to pick out. I haven't been a civilian in years and will still speak in long acronyms and strange cliches that no one has ever heard before unless you've been around the military. Being a redhead might also make me stand out, but it will probably be the acronyms and cliches... ;)

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm

bananeez wrote:Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D


Make sure you include your TLS name. I'll be honest, I'm probably going to call people by their usernames for the next few years, so I hope you're happy with yours. ;)

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 pm

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D


Make sure you include your TLS name. I'll be honest, I'm probably going to call people by their usernames for the next few years, so I hope you're happy with yours. ;)


Haha. Shit, mine is the AIM name I took when I was like 13. You're all going to be surprised when I show up and don't look like a possessed Natalie Portman :evil: .

... Or... maybe I'll start getting my ballerina costume together now...

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby stlisforlovers » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 pm

bananeez wrote:Haha. Shit, mine is the AIM name I took when I was like 13. You're all going to be surprised when I show up and don't look like a possessed Natalie Portman :evil: .

... Or... maybe I'll start getting my ballerina costume together now...

You mean... you're not Natalie Portman?
GTFO.
Last edited by stlisforlovers on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 pm

catinthewall wrote:I'll be easy to pick out. I haven't been a civilian in years and will still speak in long acronyms and strange cliches that no one has ever heard before unless you've been around the military. Being a redhead might also make me stand out, but it will probably be the acronyms and cliches... ;)



Nah. That sounds like the typical CU student, the altitude turns their hair red.

Please wear your fighter pilot suit complete with helmet and visor so we know for sure which one is you ;)

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 pm

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D


Make sure you include your TLS name. I'll be honest, I'm probably going to call people by their usernames for the next few years, so I hope you're happy with yours. ;)


Haha. Shit, mine is the AIM name I took when I was like 13. You're all going to be surprised when I show up and don't look like a possessed Natalie Portman :evil: .

... Or... maybe I'll start getting my ballerina costume together now...


Hahaha, thank god I've long abandoned my 13 year old AIM username.

Wait!! Are you trying to tell me that I will not be attending law school with Natalie Portman!?

You will seriously make my day if you show up to ASD in a ballerina costume. Correction, that would make my lifetime highlight reel. You don't even have to wear it to campus, just friday night. :)

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:Ha. Or.... we all wear TLS stamps on our foreheads?? :D


Make sure you include your TLS name. I'll be honest, I'm probably going to call people by their usernames for the next few years, so I hope you're happy with yours. ;)


Haha. Shit, mine is the AIM name I took when I was like 13. You're all going to be surprised when I show up and don't look like a possessed Natalie Portman :evil: .

... Or... maybe I'll start getting my ballerina costume together now...


Hahaha, thank god I've long abandoned my 13 year old AIM username.

Wait!! Are you trying to tell me that I will not be attending law school with Natalie Portman!?

You will seriously make my day if you show up to ASD in a ballerina costume. Correction, that would make my lifetime highlight reel. You don't even have to wear it to campus, just friday night. :)

bahaha

I'm going to seriously lulz if some creepy guy on the message board shows up in a ballerina costume now.

"I thought you were a chick!?!"

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 pm

typ3 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Haha. Shit, mine is the AIM name I took when I was like 13. You're all going to be surprised when I show up and don't look like a possessed Natalie Portman :evil: .

... Or... maybe I'll start getting my ballerina costume together now...


Hahaha, thank god I've long abandoned my 13 year old AIM username.

Wait!! Are you trying to tell me that I will not be attending law school with Natalie Portman!?

You will seriously make my day if you show up to ASD in a ballerina costume. Correction, that would make my lifetime highlight reel. You don't even have to wear it to campus, just friday night. :)

bahaha

I'm going to seriously lulz if some creepy guy on the message board shows up in a ballerina costume now.

"I thought you were a chick!?!"


Hahahah. I'll wear a ballerina costume if you guys do. :D

For those that have a problem with it: "Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated."

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm

bananeez wrote:Hahahah. I'll wear a ballerina costume if you guys do. :D

For those that have a problem with it: "Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated."


I know Boulder is a pretty progressive city, but I don't think the residents are ready to see me in a ballerina costume yet. We just aren't quite there yet as a society. So until that day comes... the stage is yours. :D

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

bananeez wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:When I'm in Boulder, I love to go to:
-Rocky Mountain National Park (obviously you can't get there without a car, but if anyone goes to ASD with one, it's GORGEOUS and a relatively inexpensive way to spend a glorious day)
-Walnut Street Brewery has really good microbrews and good (but sorta pricey) foods- not very vegetarian friendly, if there are any other veg heads out there. The restaurant part gets SUPER crowded for dinner, so it might be a good spot just to get a beer. (You can get the sampler and try all their beers and share with a friend! or you, know, not :wink: ) It's a couple blocks away from Pearl Street mall.
- The Dushanbe Teahouse is really cool. I love tea and they have an entire menu just dedicated to it!! It was made for Boulder in Tajikistan and assembled in Colorado without the use of any power tools. The inside is beautiful, and the food is very good (mostly Middle Eastern and Meditteranean food, again sorta pricey). You can tell all your friends you were at the only Tajikistan teahouse in the United States! It is also within walking distance of Pearl Street.


Those are all very good ideas! The Teahouse is definitely cool, and Rocky Mountain Nat Park is really beautiful. There are also really short hikes or drives if you just want a good view of Boulder -- like Flagstaff or just the view from NCAR. Or a hike from Chautauqua.

I'm also up for maybe a Thursday outing! And the Friday one too! How are we going to organize all this?

Both Walnut Street or the Teahouse sound like great ideas for a meetup. We could pick out one and maybe agree to meet at 8ish or so? If y'all are comfortable with it, PMing phone numbers might be helpful too.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby typ3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 am

Ugh......... I really hope I hear back in time.

Will anyone be returning for April ASW?

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12773
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby LeDique » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 am

.
Last edited by LeDique on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 am

LeDique wrote:Is the April one on the 11th? I might actually be back haha. Let me know where the meetup is - I'd prefer the teahouse (my phone corrected it to [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.], btw)


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is April 1st.

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby typ3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 am

ptblazer wrote:
LeDique wrote:Is the April one on the 11th? I might actually be back haha. Let me know where the meetup is - I'd prefer the teahouse (my phone corrected it to [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.], btw)


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is April 1st.


I mean I will meet at the [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.] if people want <_< I just hope I don't get asked about it on my C&F....

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby oldhippie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am

april 1st! and i'll be there welcoming all [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.] :wink:

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby upfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 am

We could create a facebook group, maybe, if everyone is open to that? Or do a quick pic posting that we then rescind because I know *I* don't want my face associated w/my TLS username! haha




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest