CU - Boulder class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
boilerup89

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Postby boilerup89 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Just wanted to say I booked my flight for the March ASD

Wish I had time to board over the weekend while there but doesn't look like that's going to happen. If I enroll though I'm sure I'll be doing plenty when I can 8)

goingeast

Postby goingeast » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Joining the club! Talked to a few people in town who turned down T14 (Michigan, Berkeley, etc) a few years ago to go to CU and said they had a blast. Definitely was encouraging to hear. March ASD!

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm

i'm so pissed that i'm missing march asd.
hopefully y'all will have so much fun that you'll want to come back and do it again in april! :D

franklin14

Postby franklin14 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Don't forget your khakis for March ASD

http://www.steepandcheap.com/?CMP_ID=DM_SM510001&MV_PC=R275

Good luck to everyone in travelling.

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Are any other March ASD'ers taking advantage of that offer to stay with a CU law student for free? I did but haven't heard anything about the logistics of it...when I should arrive, whom I should contact, etc. Makes booking a flight kinda inconvenient.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:Are any other March ASD'ers taking advantage of that offer to stay with a CU law student for free? I did but haven't heard anything about the logistics of it...when I should arrive, whom I should contact, etc. Makes booking a flight kinda inconvenient.

I heard they pair you the recent 2010 graduates who still haven't found a job. It's a convenient way for the university to employ them as hospitality workers to boost their employment statistics before USnews rankings come out next month.

I'm kidding of course.

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:35 pm

typ3 wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:Are any other March ASD'ers taking advantage of that offer to stay with a CU law student for free? I did but haven't heard anything about the logistics of it...when I should arrive, whom I should contact, etc. Makes booking a flight kinda inconvenient.

I heard they pair you the recent 2010 graduates who still haven't found a job. It's a convenient way for the university to employ them as hospitality workers to boost their employment statistics before USnews rankings come out next month.

I'm kidding of course.

I have friends in undergrad there so I stay for free 8)

catinthewall

Postby catinthewall » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Might be attending. I'm still waiting for the rest of the cycle, but with the $$$ CU offered, I'd be an idiot to turn them down.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm

catinthewall wrote:Might be attending. I'm still waiting for the rest of the cycle, but with the $$$ CU offered, I'd be an idiot to turn them down.

I envy your softs.

Speechwriter for Secretary Rumsfeld... jet fighter pilot...

It's hard to get money coming out of undergrad when you mid career people hog it all with your flashy resumes. :wink:

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 pm

catinthewall wrote:Might be attending. I'm still waiting for the rest of the cycle, but with the $$$ CU offered, I'd be an idiot to turn them down.

Congratulations on the scholarship. I took a look at your softs, wow! Those are some serious accomplishments. Good luck with the rest of your cycle and deciding where to attend.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Wow. Just so you know you're my hero. Your softs are ridiiiiiiiiiculous.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:

Wow. Just so you know you're my hero. Your softs are ridiiiiiiiiiculous.

I just want to put my head in the sand after reading all of that. Dear god my resume seems inadequate.

Think law schools would bump me if I had Cup Cake Eating Champ on my resume?

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 pm

I know, right? Pre-TLS, i thought i was a special snowflake with my sweet publications, cupcake jedi master status, and underwater basket weaving skills.
I now realize I'm no special snowflake. :-(

catinthewall

Postby catinthewall » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Wow. Just so you know you're my hero. Your softs are ridiiiiiiiiiculous.

Thanks guys! I won't be able to attend Admitted Students Days because I'll be Active Duty until August, so I'll be visiting on 8 March. Constitutional Law is taught on Tuesdays, so that should be pretty cool to check out! My husband is a CU grad (B.S. Aerospace Engineering '05), so maybe we'll end up a family of Buffs :)

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am

catinthewall wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:Wow. Just so you know you're my hero. Your softs are ridiiiiiiiiiculous.

Thanks guys! I won't be able to attend Admitted Students Days because I'll be Active Duty until August, so I'll be visiting on 8 March. Constitutional Law is taught on Tuesdays, so that should be pretty cool to check out! My husband is a CU grad (B.S. Aerospace Engineering '05), so maybe we'll end up a family of Buffs :)

You have awesome softs and congrats on that scholarship!!

Also I noticed you do marathons. I do too. Well I've only done two. But anyways, have you done Boston?

catinthewall

Postby catinthewall » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:14 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
catinthewall wrote:

You have awesome softs and congrats on that scholarship!!

Also I noticed you do marathons. I do too. Well I've only done two. But anyways, have you done Boston?

Nope, but I would love to run Boston and NY sometime. I've done the Marine Corps Marathon twice and the National Marathon once. I also enjoy ten milers and halves.... Will you be my new running buddy?? :) Ultimately, I want to train for and complete triathlons (Olympic, Half Ironman, and eventually Ironman).

Also, any rock climbers, snowboarders, or horseback riders out there??? :) I have to admit that CU would be perfect for the outdoorsy girl in me...

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 am

Last edited by LeDique on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:39 am

catinthewall wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:You have awesome softs and congrats on that scholarship!!

Nope, but I would love to run Boston and NY sometime. I've done the Marine Corps Marathon twice and the National Marathon once. I also enjoy ten milers and halves.... Will you be my new running buddy?? :) Ultimately, I want to train for and complete triathlons (Olympic, Half Ironman, and eventually Ironman).

Also, any rock climbers, snowboarders, or horseback riders out there??? :) I have to admit that CU would be perfect for the outdoorsy girl in me...

Haha triathalons would be cool, but I am a straight runner. I definitely could use some new running buddies as I will be leaving them all in Cali.

Nice, marine Corp marathon...I want to do that one. I heard the finish is sort of uphill though. I have done Boston once. It was a lot of fun.

I would love to rock climb too. Have never done it, but I want to. Also I want to get better at skiing/snowboarding.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm not quite as hardcore as you guys yet, but who wants to do the Bolder Boulder with me??? It's really fun. We can even make a totally awesome group costume representing the law school. :wink:

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm

dude im in. :D

catinthewall

Postby catinthewall » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

The last 0.2 of the Marine Corps Marathon is up the hill to the Iwo Jima Marine Corps Memorial. It's a great race!!

The Bolder Boulder sounds good. How hard is it to get used to running at altitude? If I go to CU, I'll be attached to the NIRR at Buckley AFB and will be taking a Navy PFT with the Reserves every semester...

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Hard to believe that ASD is just over a week away. Is there any MUST see/do while I am in Boulder? Anyone familiar with Boulder, if someone had 24 hours in the area what would you recommend doing? I wont have a car, so maybe keep that in mind. Leave out skiing/boarding, that has been discussed at great length already (and I'm not that interested in doing it while I'm there).

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:59 pm

ptblazer wrote:Hard to believe that ASD is just over a week away. Is there any MUST see/do while I am in Boulder? Anyone familiar with Boulder, if someone had 24 hours in the area what would you recommend doing? I wont have a car, so maybe keep that in mind. Leave out skiing/boarding, that has been discussed at great length already (and I'm not that interested in doing it while I'm there).

It might be hard without a car. I would recommend Pearl Street, but that's obvious.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 pm

typ3 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Hard to believe that ASD is just over a week away. Is there any MUST see/do while I am in Boulder? Anyone familiar with Boulder, if someone had 24 hours in the area what would you recommend doing? I wont have a car, so maybe keep that in mind. Leave out skiing/boarding, that has been discussed at great length already (and I'm not that interested in doing it while I'm there).

It might be hard without a car. I would recommend Pearl Street, but that's obvious.

Pearl street, is that the downtown area?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm

ptblazer wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Pearl street, is that the downtown area?

Yea, there are street performers, art festivals, live music generally there.. though a lot less of the above during the winter.

You can do plenty of shopping / eating / wasting time there.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”