CU - Boulder class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
oldhippie

Silver

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Post by oldhippie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi y'all!
Made it to Denver, be in boulder in 2 weeks and psyched to be in Colorado!

nathan.

New

Post by nathan. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:12 pm

sooo guess who still doesn't have an apartment lined up for next month......

*calmly freaking out*

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 am

Should be easy to find one. I planned a last minute trip to spend the entire summer studying/volunteering abroad and I only had 2 days to find an apartment for when I came back. Found one in about 6 hours. Shouldn't be too bad as long as you aren't super strapped for cash.

boilerup89

Bronze

Post by boilerup89 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 am

Heading west bright and early tomorrow morning. Going to spend a few days in Denver then will be out to Boulder on the 1st.

Can't wait to meet everybody 8)

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Will finally be in boulder tomorrow!!!
yippeeee:)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Outside Enemy

New

Post by Outside Enemy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 am

I didn't receive any sort of email, so I don't know when this happened, but it seems as if we've been registered for classes.

Just throwing it out there for anyone who may have missed it :shock:

jester402

New

Post by jester402 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Just curious, does anyone know if its a good idea to split books with another law student, or know anyone who has?

jester402

New

Post by jester402 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Or does anyone know if renting books from the CU store is a good idea?

nathan.

New

Post by nathan. » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm

the lantern wrote:Should be easy to find one. I planned a last minute trip to spend the entire summer studying/volunteering abroad and I only had 2 days to find an apartment for when I came back. Found one in about 6 hours. Shouldn't be too bad as long as you aren't super strapped for cash.
you were right. today I signed a lease for a place on Pearl Street. score!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pufer

Bronze

Post by Pufer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:14 pm

jester402 wrote:Just curious, does anyone know if its a good idea to split books with another law student, or know anyone who has?
Bad idea on anything but legal writing books (you'll definitely need your own bluebook - and will grow to hate it - but nobody ever uses any of the other books on that list).
jester402 wrote:Or does anyone know if renting books from the CU store is a good idea?
My 3L year, I did nothing but rent books and it saved me a lot of cash, even over used books. However, I never did it through the actual bookstore (the law school contracts with the Colorado "On the Hill" Bookstore, BTW, not the CU bookstore; you'll only look silly if you go to the official CU bookstore looking for law shit).

Make sure you look closely at their policy on marking in the books. If you rent them from West, they're cool with basically anything you do with the books (crazy highlighting, copious margin notes, etc.). Other companies don't appear to be as law student friendly.

-Pufer

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 pm

All you 1Ls better be at the Dark Horse this evening.

Jellybean1

New

Post by Jellybean1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 am

Hi everyone ,
Can you tell me how the partying is with boulder law schools students ? Is it just as bad as the undergrad there or are they so busy with everything there is no time to party?

I'm an admitted student, and am looking forward to attending this fall. I just wanted to know how it is:)

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 am

Jellybean1 wrote:Hi everyone ,
Can you tell me how the partying is with boulder law schools students ? Is it just as bad as the undergrad there or are they so busy with everything there is no time to party?

I'm an admitted student, and am looking forward to attending this fall. I just wanted to know how it is:)
I'm not really sure how to answer this. It's the same as in undergrad in the sense of you can party if you want to, but you don't have to. As in, if I want to go out with someone, I can find someone, but I don't feel compelled to. It seems like its par for the course for law school drinking/partying from what other ppl on here say.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

catinthewall

Bronze

Post by catinthewall » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am

LeDique wrote:
Jellybean1 wrote:Hi everyone ,

I'm not really sure how to answer this. It's the same as in undergrad in the sense of you can party if you want to, but you don't have to. As in, if I want to go out with someone, I can find someone, but I don't feel compelled to. It seems like its par for the course for law school drinking/partying from what other ppl on here say.
If you go to the Dark Horse, you will always find a law student or two, no matter what day of the week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”