Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
linda90
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby linda90 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 pm

As someone who lives in midwest for sufficiently long time, I can tell you it's not fun.

bruinrandy
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby bruinrandy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

linda90 wrote:As someone who lives in midwest for sufficiently long time, I can tell you it's not fun.


I lived in saint louis for a year, i know the weather there is not as harsh as chicago, and it wasn't fun in general but sometimes I loved it. Also, after living in LA for 3 years, the monotony of the weather gets to me.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm

I like winter weather more than summer, but give me summer's looooong days over winter's 5pm darkness.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm just ready for real fall. Done with 90°+ weather.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:50 pm

bruinrandy wrote:
linda90 wrote:As someone who lives in midwest for sufficiently long time, I can tell you it's not fun.


I lived in saint louis for a year, i know the weather there is not as harsh as chicago, and it wasn't fun in general but sometimes I loved it. Also, after living in LA for 3 years, the monotony of the weather gets to me.


I'll take the monotony of "every day's a beach day" over the monotony of "kill me now" all winter long.

User avatar
Gear
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:00 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Gear » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Spare a thought for those (like me) coming from the southern hemisphere.

Three winters in a row.

FML

bruinrandy
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby bruinrandy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Gear wrote:Spare a thought for those (like me) coming from the southern hemisphere.

Three winters in a row.

FML


I've been there. Not fun.

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm

My newest studying strategy for being at the top of the class involves a bunch of votive candles and tennis balls.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 pm

you're going to need a George Foreman as well.

User avatar
Gear
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:00 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Gear » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Buy now and if you're one of the first fifty callers you'll get an exclusive instruction manual, spatula and drip tray FOR FREE.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Gear wrote:Buy now and if you're one of the first fifty callers you'll get an exclusive instruction manual, spatula and drip tray FOR FREE.

But wait there's more. Order now and we'll throw in a toaster, a coffee table, and a property casebook!

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Xifeng » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Sentry wrote:
Gear wrote:Buy now and if you're one of the first fifty callers you'll get an exclusive instruction manual, spatula and drip tray FOR FREE.

But wait there's more. Order now and we'll throw in a toaster, a coffee table, and a property casebook!


And a free, BIG, PURPLE COUCH

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Jesus Christ, it's like I signed up for alerts from Craigslist. Filter already set up to set aside that crap.

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Flash » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Muenchen wrote:Jesus Christ, it's like I signed up for alerts from Craigslist. Filter already set up to set aside that crap.

Big mistake bro. Don't want to miss out on the lawannounce casual encounters emails.

Astrid
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Astrid » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 pm

You get free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime. I'm not worried about not getting them in time. We'll have over a week.

linda90
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby linda90 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.


They posted booklist on the website but it's an incomplete list at best. You may be able to get a couple books from amazon, but I would wait until the 16th especially because our school won't start until the 26th. This should leave us enough time to order cheap textbooks on amazon.

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Haymarket » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.

Well, I have a subscription to Amazon Prime, so if it's not too costly compared to independent sellers I'm going to use that as much as possible. If I meet some nice people who don't have Prime, I might be willing to share with them too :)

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Emma. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm

linda90 wrote:
Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.


They posted booklist on the website but it's an incomplete list at best. You may be able to get a couple books from amazon, but I would wait until the 16th especially because our school won't start until the 26th. This should leave us enough time to order cheap textbooks on amazon.


Also you should be able to pick up a lot of books used from the rising 2Ls. I ordered most of my books new at it was a complete waste of money. On the plus side, it means I have some books in pretty good condition to sell....

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Xifeng » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Emma. wrote:
linda90 wrote:
Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.


They posted booklist on the website but it's an incomplete list at best. You may be able to get a couple books from amazon, but I would wait until the 16th especially because our school won't start until the 26th. This should leave us enough time to order cheap textbooks on amazon.


Also you should be able to pick up a lot of books used from the rising 2Ls. I ordered most of my books new at it was a complete waste of money. On the plus side, it means I have some books in pretty good condition to sell....


Oh dear. Does this mean the listserv will blow up with book sales?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Emma. wrote:Also you should be able to pick up a lot of books used from the rising 2Ls. I ordered most of my books new at it was a complete waste of money. On the plus side, it means I have some books in pretty good condition to sell....

Dibs! :wink:

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Haymarket » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Emma. wrote:
linda90 wrote:
Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.


They posted booklist on the website but it's an incomplete list at best. You may be able to get a couple books from amazon, but I would wait until the 16th especially because our school won't start until the 26th. This should leave us enough time to order cheap textbooks on amazon.


Also you should be able to pick up a lot of books used from the rising 2Ls. I ordered most of my books new at it was a complete waste of money. On the plus side, it means I have some books in pretty good condition to sell....


Oh dear. Does this mean the listserv will blow up with book sales?

It already has with supplements... :|

User avatar
Flash
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Flash » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Haymarket wrote:
Astrid wrote:Hello everyone!

Since we don't get our schedules until the 16th, how are you all going to get your books? Amazon? I'm worried I'll have to sacrifice cheapness for speed.

Well, I have a subscription to Amazon Prime, so if it's not too costly compared to independent sellers I'm going to use that as much as possible. If I meet some nice people who don't have Prime, I might be willing to share with them too :)

Is it noob night tonight?

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Ghost » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:04 am

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Haymarket » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 am

Ghost wrote:Are they still pulling people off of the waitlist? Looks like there are more newcomers in the FB group.

I'm not sure. It's possible that there are some students who were admitted a while ago and are just now joining I guess.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest