Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby vegenator » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Oh no I'm already in there. I meant when is ASW? I just figured it out though thanks to Shane...oh wait that's Day in the Life, whatever. I'll probably be more likely to do that anyway.[/quote]

Gotcha. :D ASW is April 7-9

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

arism87 wrote:
Kili wrote:Rigorous fun >>RIGOR>>>>>FUUUUUN


<3

You are not alone in those fears LOL. But Kili answered that pretty well.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm

This kid Jack keeps asking the most random questions. Which one of you is it?
Last edited by Non-Chalant1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Post if you'll be in the chat on Tuesday and I'll come up with a TLS name for you to use.

I'm thinking maybe TerrenceLeroyStamp.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:This kid Jack keeps asking the more random questions. Which one of you is it?


Haha if I were them I would boot him.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm

I just want to say, I can't believe I'm sitting on a law school forum AND reading a chat for admitted students right now.. compared to college apps where I turned in a few pieces of paper (actual paper!), waited for snail mail, and that was that.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby vegenator » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Nice to meet you, Terrence.
I'm Tabitha Leverne Schneider :lol:

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm

arism87 wrote:I just want to say, I can't believe I'm sitting on a law school forum AND reading a chat for admitted students right now.. compared to college apps where I turned in a few pieces of paper (actual paper!), waited for snail mail, and that was that.


psht.. better than me. I only applied to schools that were within a 4 hr radius of my house and sent me an application. I still cant believe how much I wasted being a national achievement scholar.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

I'll be at work but I'll try. I'm going for

Theodore Lorenzo Simpson

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:05 pm

lol you guys are funny.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:07 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
arism87 wrote:I just want to say, I can't believe I'm sitting on a law school forum AND reading a chat for admitted students right now.. compared to college apps where I turned in a few pieces of paper (actual paper!), waited for snail mail, and that was that.


psht.. better than me. I only applied to schools that were within a 4 hr radius of my house and sent me an application. I still cant believe how much I wasted being a national achievement scholar.


Eh. Knowing now that I'm applying to law school, I wish I had gone to a cc for two years and transferred to the easiest four year school available.
I dont think it would be much of a waste if it netted me a higher gpa for law school. No one cares where you went for ug anyways.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:09 pm

trudat15 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
arism87 wrote:I just want to say, I can't believe I'm sitting on a law school forum AND reading a chat for admitted students right now.. compared to college apps where I turned in a few pieces of paper (actual paper!), waited for snail mail, and that was that.


psht.. better than me. I only applied to schools that were within a 4 hr radius of my house and sent me an application. I still cant believe how much I wasted being a national achievement scholar.


Eh. Knowing now that I'm applying to law school, I wish I had gone to a cc for two years and transferred to the easiest four year school available.
I dont think it would be much of a waste if it netted me a higher gpa for law school. No one cares where you went for ug anyways.

I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


Yep. BYU, Utah, Utah State, Berkeley and Michigan I noticed a lot. Plus, contrary to TLS belief, I have it on good authority (i.e. personal experience) that the grading difficulty between schools isnt as linear as people would expect.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


A lot of this would presumably be explained by differences in LSAT scores

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

arism87 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


A lot of this would presumably be explained by differences in LSAT scores

Are you saying some undergrads necessarily produce individuals with better LSAT scores? They also seemed to have their own undergrad school and Illinois decently represented as well if I remember right tk.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:26 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.


:shock: :shock: LOL.. someone is going to get offended at this

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:29 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.


:shock: :shock: LOL.. someone is going to get offended at this


Eh. Some state schools are easier. Some are not. I guess I can amend the statement to say : any easy school. But there's a few schools in my state system that were a joke.
Maybe I'm just bitter and jealous of high GPAs. I only have myself, and Johnny Walker, to blame.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.

I can hear that and I have that said to my younger cousin as well. But my undergrad was one of those "public ivies" (I think this distinction is stupid). And I've had a better cycle than my friends at "worse" public undergrads or liberal arts schools with higher GPAs, URMs or not. But I know what you mean.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 pm

HAHAHA this thread is so great now! I can't wait for the transcript of today's chat.. it sounds even more entertaining than the refrigerator discussion. :D

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.

I can hear that and I have that said to my younger cousin as well. But my undergrad was one of those "public ivies" (I think this distinction is stupid). And I've had a better cycle than my friends at "worse" public undergrads or liberal arts schools with higher GPAs, URMs or not. But I know what you mean.


You have a higher LSAT?
I mean, in the end, LSAT trumps all. But higher GPA gets you into schools a good LSAT alone cant, as well as money.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Looking at LSN, it looks like Chicago was really holistic this year.

WL to a few Harvard, Columbia accepts/auto admit numbers.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know, there are some UGs that seemed fairly common in every class when I flipped through UChicago's viewbook.


I'm just saying, I'd much rather have gone from a cc to "easy" state school and gotten a 3.9 than gone to an Ivy and gotten a 3.4. My friend did a similar route (super easy public school to good public school) and for his trouble got a Gates Scholly for UG.

In terms of LS admissions, that 3.9>3.4 every time.

I can hear that and I have that said to my younger cousin as well. But my undergrad was one of those "public ivies" (I think this distinction is stupid). And I've had a better cycle than my friends at "worse" public undergrads or liberal arts schools with higher GPAs, URMs or not. But I know what you mean.


You have a higher LSAT?
I mean, in the end, LSAT trumps all. But higher GPA gets you into schools a good LSAT alone cant, as well as money.
You have a point with the LSAT

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 pm

checking in and tagging this thread. YAYYY CHICAGO!

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Terry L Suman

For our dyslexic history buffs.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest