Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Sentry wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Sentry wrote:Over under is set at 4.5 for number of posters ITT that drop Chicago for Harvard.

Over.


Did Harvard recently release WL decisions or something? I'm going over too.

Monday they will. Leveraging an ED acceptance takes balls bro.


No idea what that means.

But good luck to those of you riding the H WL. I predict anyone with a post WL JR1 will be in and leaving us shortly thereafter.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hi everyone! I just sent in my intent to enroll form after being accepted off of the wait-list. Looks like I belong here now! :D

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Xifeng » Sun May 08, 2011 11:52 am

hotthaichick wrote:Hi everyone! I just sent in my intent to enroll form after being accepted off of the wait-list. Looks like I belong here now! :D


Yaaay welcome! :D

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 2:14 pm

--ImageRemoved--

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby sarahlawg » Sun May 08, 2011 2:17 pm

hotthaichick wrote:Hi everyone! I just sent in my intent to enroll form after being accepted off of the wait-list. Looks like I belong here now! :D


glad they're making good use of the waitlist!
First order of business: share your pets' pics with us. If you don't have any, feel free to peruse the internets for the cutest one you can find.

User avatar
Saul Goodman
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:45 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 08, 2011 2:20 pm

WELCOME!!!

Does this mean that contrary to our belief the class is not overenrolled?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Sun May 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:WELCOME!!!

Does this mean that contrary to our belief the class is not overenrolled?

Well I didn't think it was in the first place, so I'm still pretty certain it's not.

User avatar
Saul Goodman
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:45 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Dany wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:WELCOME!!!

Does this mean that contrary to our belief the class is not overenrolled?

Well I didn't think it was in the first place, so I'm still pretty certain it's not.


That's good. I <3 small class sizes.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Sun May 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will start looking for some adorable dog pictures :D

I know of at least 5 people (including myself) who have been accepted off the wait-list at Chicago this week. This consists of 3 people on TLS and 1 person I met when I was visiting Chicago this past Friday. So no, I don't believe the class is overenrolled. Which is fantastic because now I get to be in it!

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Sun May 08, 2011 4:24 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby sarahlawg » Sun May 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:WELCOME!!!

Does this mean that contrary to our belief the class is not overenrolled?


I thought it would be pretty close. Then again, they waitlisted a lot people who I thought would be in.

User avatar
JFo
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby JFo » Sun May 08, 2011 6:31 pm

hotthaichick wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will start looking for some adorable dog pictures :D

I know of at least 5 people (including myself) who have been accepted off the wait-list at Chicago this week. This consists of 3 people on TLS and 1 person I met when I was visiting Chicago this past Friday. So no, I don't believe the class is overenrolled. Which is fantastic because now I get to be in it!


Welcome!!! Dogs now plz. Also, can you do any old-timey crafts?

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm

So apparently I haven't developed RIGOR yet as I have no idea how to post a picture in a thread... :oops:

But I can somewhat knit and I love baking bread and pies! Does that count as old timey?

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:23 pm

hotthaichick wrote:So apparently I haven't developed RIGOR yet as I have no idea how to post a picture in a thread... :oops:

But I can somewhat knit and I love baking bread and pies! Does that count as old timey?


1. Only if you cool them on a windowsill.

2. Assuming you have a picture saved on your computer
a) go to tinypic.com
b) upload the pic
c) copy the "[img]url[/img]"
d) post it in this thread
e) ??????
f) PROFIT and cuteness

User avatar
coolgreen42
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby coolgreen42 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Tonight is the last night of my life that I will work on undergrad work.

It may kill me. I have to finish a paper on "What should be the future of central banking?"

To make matters worse, my account is unavailable on facebook. It's like they know...

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:28 pm

coolgreen42 wrote:Tonight is the last night of my life that I will work on undergrad work.

It may kill me. I have to finish a paper on "What should be the future of central banking?"

To make matters worse, my account is unavailable on facebook. It's like they know...


I wrote a very, very long paper in favor of free banking over central banking. Just submit that.

User avatar
coolgreen42
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby coolgreen42 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Ugh. I'm not going to be that libertarian. I'm already appalled at myself for liking the articles that get assigned from the Cato Journal.

I basically am just saying that we should use the Taylor Rule and stop trying to be so clever since it obviously doesn't work.

The only problem with the argument is that I just managed to relate it to you in a single line, and it needs to fill a final paper.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:32 pm

coolgreen42 wrote:Ugh. I'm not going to be that libertarian. I'm already appalled at myself for liking the articles that get assigned from the Cato Journal.

I basically am just saying that we should use the Taylor Rule and stop trying to be so clever since it obviously doesn't work.

The only problem with the argument is that I just managed to relate it to you in a single line, and it needs to fill a final paper.


Just spend the rest of the paper ripping on Arthur Burns. :)

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Xifeng » Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm

.
Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Xifeng wrote:I'm writing the last final essay of my college career tonight (still have a final on Thursday, boo). And it is IMPOSSIBLE.

It's 9:30 PM and I've written one sentence and am watching Gilmore Girls. Sigh.


GTFOwl. I used to be forced to watch that show all the time.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Xifeng » Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm

.
Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
Xifeng wrote:I'm writing the last final essay of my college career tonight (still have a final on Thursday, boo). And it is IMPOSSIBLE.

It's 9:30 PM and I've written one sentence and am watching Gilmore Girls. Sigh.


GTFOwl. I used to be forced to watch that show all the time.


There is something WRONG with you. It is an amazing show!


INB4 the girls of this thread pile on with how I'm trash for not liking that show. :(

User avatar
coolgreen42
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby coolgreen42 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Glad to know that at least I'm not suffering alone. I'm filling out my paper with cutesy analogies between taylor rules and speed limits. I really wish that I either didn't care what this prof thinks about me or cared enough to actually do a good job.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Image

Hope that worked. The big ears kill me!

I've also never been into Gilmore Girls but from what I hear, I would probably love it! Sorry Muenchen...

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 pm

I think I speak for everyone with this.

Image




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest