Spoke to a leasing agent at Regents:
1. As part of the law school package internet is free. He might have said cable too, or maybe it was cable internet... Anyway, internet would be about $30-35 and I didn't ask about cable since I probably won't be using it. (RIGGGGOR!!!)
2. Heat and A/C is a different bill from electricity and fluctuates depending on total usage in the tower. It will never exceed $70/unit. So for a 2BR you will never have to pay more than $35.
3. The leasing agent estimated an average additional $100 in monthly electricity costs.
4. There is no option for furnished apartments.
5. The $50 application fee is an administrative fee which doesn't get credited toward your account. Apps just give you priority.
6. Studios are scarce. With the aforementioned law school package, it is within your financial interest to take a 1 BR over a studio since studios are not covered by the package. (You will pay for internet/cable in a smaller studio).
7. The range of rent differs depending on whether there is a view on the lake. View of lake is the higher of the range.
8. A significant portion of their residents are law students. It was either 1/3 of residents or 1/3 of law school. I don't remember. They have a designated "law school zone" in the tower.
9. Their leasing staff is very friendly. You can call them and give them your email for pics (not nudey ones) and info.
10. Costs are significantly decreased with a roommate. Agents said to use UChi, marketplace, craigslist (hell no) to find roommates.
11. Leases are joint not individualized. So you and you're roomies are jointly liable.
12. Parking is $155/month.
I'm not bringing a car tho!
13. No security deposit.
14. The email you get from them will have the law school package. I don't know why UChi hasn't updated their's yet.
That's all I remember for now. If I find a roomie I'll definitely live there. If not I might run to one of the nearby studios. HTH