Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:So will I be the only eligible bachelor (or bachelorette) at UChi if I go next year? Yes, it's my turn to ask vein questions.


I sure hope not

(No offense to you, haha, but those odds would suck)

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 pm

arism87 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:So will I be the only eligible bachelor (or bachelorette) at UChi if I go next year? Yes, it's my turn to ask vein questions.


I sure hope not

(No offense to you, haha, but those odds would suck)


Lol at this question, but then again I guess it crosses all our minds. So I guess I will answer.

I am single, and while law school doesn't start for another 8 months so that's plenty of time for things to change, I would put better than even odds that I will be single when I start law school. Sigh.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

In all honestly I just don't want to do my philosophy paper and I knew that would get responses. But if I am the only one then I'd just not come....could imagine me and like 80 engaged people? I'd be left out of their study groups :cry:

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Muenchen wrote:
arism87 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:So will I be the only eligible bachelor (or bachelorette) at UChi if I go next year? Yes, it's my turn to ask vein questions.


I sure hope not

(No offense to you, haha, but those odds would suck)


Lol at this question, but then again I guess it crosses all our minds. So I guess I will answer.

I am single, and while law school doesn't start for another 8 months so that's plenty of time for things to change, I would put better than even odds that I will be single when I start law school. Sigh.


Yeah I am actively single, it would definitely suck to meet someone right before I leave. I'm not too grown to do something stupid like go to a TTT law school in the area just to stay with someone.

(K maybe it's not that serious, but yeah)

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 pm

arism87 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
arism87 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:So will I be the only eligible bachelor (or bachelorette) at UChi if I go next year? Yes, it's my turn to ask vein questions.


I sure hope not

(No offense to you, haha, but those odds would suck)


Lol at this question, but then again I guess it crosses all our minds. So I guess I will answer.

I am single, and while law school doesn't start for another 8 months so that's plenty of time for things to change, I would put better than even odds that I will be single when I start law school. Sigh.


Yeah I am actively single, it would definitely suck to meet someone right before I leave. I'm not too grown to do something stupid like go to a TTT law school in the area just to stay with someone.

(K maybe it's not that serious, but yeah)


Lol yes I have considered this. But then there's the other half, which is being turned down by people because you're probably going to move away. That actually already happened to me a couple months ago, though maybe it was just an cover.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Muenchen wrote:Lol yes I have considered this. But then there's the other half, which is being turned down by people because you're probably going to move away. That actually already happened to me a couple months ago, though maybe it was just an cover.


I find that guys I date usually PREFER this. Oh what, it can't get serious because you're skipping town? SWEET!!
:roll:

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 pm

arism87 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:Lol yes I have considered this. But then there's the other half, which is being turned down by people because you're probably going to move away. That actually already happened to me a couple months ago, though maybe it was just an cover.


I find that guys I date usually PREFER this. Oh what, it can't get serious because you're skipping town? SWEET!!
:roll:

:D I can see this turning into a huge derail. Chicago is serious business.

But I usually only get the "Oh well you're moving so let's just be friends" after I've bought a few meals. Bitter sigh.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm

I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 pm

eskimo wrote:I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:


Ahaha I meant I'm intentionally staying single atm :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 pm

arism87 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:


Ahaha I meant I'm intentionally staying single atm :)

Oh, then chalk me up as another actively single future Chi student! :D

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 pm

arism87 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:


Ahaha I meant I'm intentionally staying single atm :)


Ha this is NOT what I thought you meant. In that case, I'm actively single as well. No plentyoffish.com for me.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Muenchen wrote:
arism87 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:


Ahaha I meant I'm intentionally staying single atm :)


Ha this is NOT what I thought you meant. In that case, I'm actively single as well. No plentyoffish.com for me.


ahah fail, sorry all! (Love the concept of online dating though.. shopping for men? Sounds efficient to me)

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

arism87 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
arism87 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't know what "actively single" means, but if it means trying to find someone at the moment, I'm... passively single? :lol:


Ahaha I meant I'm intentionally staying single atm :)


Ha this is NOT what I thought you meant. In that case, I'm actively single as well. No plentyoffish.com for me.


ahah fail, sorry all! (Love the concept of online dating though.. shopping for men? Sounds efficient to me)

I got my wife off amazon.com

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Sentry wrote:I got my wife off amazon.com


Hey, my dad's ex-fiance was a mail order bride- don't hate.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:58 pm

arism87 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I got my wife off amazon.com


Hey, my dad's ex-fiance was a mail order bride- don't hate.

for real?
If so your dad just became the coolest man in the world.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Sentry wrote:
arism87 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I got my wife off amazon.com


Hey, my dad's ex-fiance was a mail order bride- don't hate.

for real?
If so your dad just became the coolest man in the world.


Totally serious. After her, he married this (other Russian) woman who is approximately my age and beautiful. So I get that reaction a lot. lol

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby The Stig » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm just checking into this thread, and I love that the first page I read is about being actively single at UChicago...where's all the rigor people? :mrgreen:

I'll be at the Day in the Life program on the 18th, will any of you?!?!?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 pm

April 18???? ME!

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:04 am

eskimo wrote:April 18???? ME!


me too!! :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:
eskimo wrote:April 18???? ME!


me too!! :D


I might be too!

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 am

Knock wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
eskimo wrote:April 18???? ME!


me too!! :D


I might be too!


shoot, I meant Feb 18th :cry:

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:38 am

shoot, I meant Feb 18th :cry:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: you're traveling to Chicago in a of couple weeks?! have you been watching the news?!? :shock: :shock:

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:shoot, I meant Feb 18th :cry:


:shock: :shock: you're traveling to Chicago in a of couple weeks?! have you been watching the news?!? :shock: :shock:[/quote]Might as well get a head start on what the next 3 years of your life will be like.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 pm

I'll post the reminder here. There is another chat today at 5:00 p.m. (Central) with Dean of Students, Amy M. Gardner. I wonder if she knows anything about scholarships....

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest