Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I was a pretty big fan of the 40ish degree weather while I was in Chi. Much better than the 80 and humid I'm dealing with here.

Now the cold cold I will probably whine about.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 pm

I like the cold, but I get sick of it. Last year we had like 50 straight days below freezing and I almost went insane.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby d34d9823 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm

I never want to see -40° again. Fortunately, I don't think Chicago is quite that bad.

User avatar
TaipeiMort
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Sentry wrote:Anybody looked at University House apartments?


I know there are some pretty pimp kids from my class that live there, but the downsides are that you live 2 blocks from a live-fire zone, and you have to live with UG students, which remind me of the cast from Labrynth or The Dark Crystal.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:
Sentry wrote:Anybody looked at University House apartments?


I know there are some pretty pimp kids from my class that live there, but the downsides are that you live 2 blocks from a live-fire zone, and you have to live with UG students, which remind me of the cast from Labrynth or The Dark Crystal.

I take it you don't mean a young Jennifer Connelly?

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Emma. » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:15 pm

alphamoose wrote:
Dany wrote:
Knock wrote:I bought the first winter jacket of my adult life yesterday in preparation for ASW :mrgreen:.

Seriously cannot wait to see you next winter.

I got good coat advice from my 3L! Going to buy one this summer when [hopefully] it's cheaper.


Mind sharing the advice here? I don't have the first clue of where to start looking :?


Image

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Image

Who can tell them apart?

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 pm

alphamoose wrote:I was thinking brands or something like that.. I get that it should look something like that.


By the looks of it, and in general, I believe Northface is TCR.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Moose, she said the expensive option is North Face, with the more mid-price option being Land's End. I'm probably going to get a North Face a) because I've heard good things, and b) because my parents are buying it as a graduation present so I can shell out. :D

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Lol, you people amuse me :D .

Dany, did you go see Regents?

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Dany wrote:Moose, she said the expensive option is North Face, with the more mid-price option being Land's End. I'm probably going to get a North Face a) because I've heard good things, and b) because my parents are buying it as a graduation present so I can shell out. :D



BOOOOOOOOO Land's End. Their clothing line sucks and they're a hassle to deal with.

This negativity brought to you by my unresolved teenage resentment working at Sears which Land's End is run through and their obnoxious return procedures/the customers who would bring them. :evil:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Looks like i'm going to be hunting for a comfy and warm north face for next year. I also need to pick up a sweet U of Chi sweater for myself and some swag for my family.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Knock wrote:Looks like i'm going to be hunting for a comfy and warm north face for next year. I also need to pick up a sweet U of Chi sweater for myself and some swag for my family.

The bookstore is super easy to get to from the law school (it's on the main campus). I got a tshirt AND mugs for my LOR writers!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:47 pm

CastleRock wrote:Lol, you people amuse me :D .

Dany, did you go see Regents?

Yes I did! I really liked it but don't know if I'll be living there or not. Would you like to see pictures?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Muenchen wrote:And I am really hoping to get an e-mail today from my Chicago host so I can ask them a few questions and get organized for this week.

I can't speak for everyone, but (we) haven't gotten assignments yet. I am signed up for two. I figured I'd give my 0L another 0L buddy to bum around with.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Dany wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Lol, you people amuse me :D .

Dany, did you go see Regents?

Yes I did! I really liked it but don't know if I'll be living there or not. Would you like to see pictures?

lol, not this instant. I'm in Chicago right now, so I'm trying to decided if I want to go there tomorrow. Why don't you know if you'll be living there?

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
Muenchen wrote:And I am really hoping to get an e-mail today from my Chicago host so I can ask them a few questions and get organized for this week.

I can't speak for everyone, but (we) haven't gotten assignments yet. I am signed up for two. I figured I'd give my 0L another 0L buddy to bum around with.


Sonuva. Thanks for letting us know. I mean I guess none of it is incredibly urgent, but it would be nice to have an address ready for my Garmin rather than just "Chicago".

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Emma. wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
Emma. wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Does anyone know if there is anything happening on Thursday other than the diversity reception? I'll probably get it to O'Hare early afternoon and have zero clue how to fill my day.


Everyone is welcome at the diversity reception, it isn't only for minority applicants. There'll probably be some groups doing informal dinner stuff after the reception, or you can always just plan to do your own thing. There's also bar review on Thurs night.


Fix'd to emphasize importance.


Might not be our most exciting bar review ever since the 1Ls get our Appellate Brief assignment for LRW on Monday. :(

Both 1L Civ Pro sections have class at early in the morning on Friday as well, so I wouldn't expect a giant crowd. I'm a regular bar reviewer, and I may have to skip this week and focus my drinking abilities on Friday.

I still recommend everyone to go because there will certainly be some interesting 2Ls, 3Ls, and LLMs there to have fun with. Great people and it's nice to talk to people outside of the law school.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Dany wrote:
Knock wrote:Looks like i'm going to be hunting for a comfy and warm north face for next year. I also need to pick up a sweet U of Chi sweater for myself and some swag for my family.

The bookstore is super easy to get to from the law school (it's on the main campus). I got a tshirt AND mugs for my LOR writers!


Awesome!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 pm

CastleRock wrote:lol, not this instant. I'm in Chicago right now, so I'm trying to decided if I want to go there tomorrow. Why don't you know if you'll be living there?

I'd like to find a place with nicer finishes and washer/dryer, but I did already apply to Regents just in case. If you do go to visit, the tour does take a while.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Emma. » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Dany wrote:Moose, she said the expensive option is North Face, with the more mid-price option being Land's End. I'm probably going to get a North Face a) because I've heard good things, and b) because my parents are buying it as a graduation present so I can shell out. :D


Patagonia is TCR. You'd also never be cold in this: http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/produ ... wAll=y&pg=

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm

So many choices!!

I can haz all the coats?




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest