Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 pm

oxford_don wrote:I would be pretty interested. We could always meet up with people at bars post-pizza party.


Yeah, there is the "All Students Party" from 9:30pm-11:30pm at Lucky Strike if people want to go to that after. I'll probably just crash, i've heard that ASW is pretty exhausting.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah I'm definitely crashing after the game. I'm not sure if I'm in for the TLS block, but I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Sox game. I must run it by the SO and see what she wants to do.

User avatar
JFo
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby JFo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:Yeah I'm definitely crashing after the game. I'm not sure if I'm in for the TLS block, but I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Sox game. I must run it by the SO and see what she wants to do.


You mean your SO may not want to meet people from a random internet forum? No way!

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't know if she can handle it lol. Little by little I will get her acclimated to the TLS posse.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:02 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 pm

So while taking a 20 second break from a paper...I'm just here to say that I'm sad that after bringing it up....I wasn't here to contribute on page 100. Someone edit their post for me please and reference me on that historic page.


With that said.......(and in the nature of randomness)


Favorite Nickolodeon Cartoon of the 90s: Doug


And Captain Planet was the worst superhero ever.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm

JFo wrote:I am from TN though

...have we talked about this yet?? me too!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 pm

K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm

CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?

That's what I did!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:So while taking a 20 second break from a paper...I'm just here to say that I'm sad that after bringing it up....I wasn't here to contribute on page 100. Someone edit their post for me please and reference me on that historic page.


With that said.......(and in the nature of randomness)


Favorite Nickolodeon Cartoon of the 90s: Doug


And Captain Planet was the worst superhero ever.

Captain Planet was amazing........ly bad.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?


Are you coming for ASW or a day in the life? Have you though about staying with a student?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Dany wrote:
CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?

That's what I did!

Great. Where are you staying?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:00 am

CastleRock wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:So while taking a 20 second break from a paper...I'm just here to say that I'm sad that after bringing it up....I wasn't here to contribute on page 100. Someone edit their post for me please and reference me on that historic page.


With that said.......(and in the nature of randomness)


Favorite Nickolodeon Cartoon of the 90s: Doug


And Captain Planet was the worst superhero ever.

Captain Planet was amazing........ly bad.

Green Mullet is never a good look. Not that a normal mullet is a good look.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?


Are you coming for ASW or a day in the life? Have you though about staying with a student?

ASW. April 7-9. I haven't contacted a student about staying, but one of my friends might be coming with me because I'm going to NYC before I come to chicago and I'll be there for a week.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Knock » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 am

CastleRock wrote:
Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?


Are you coming for ASW or a day in the life? Have you though about staying with a student?

ASW. April 7-9. I haven't contacted a student about staying, but one of my friends might be coming with me because I'm going to NYC before I come to chicago and I'll be there for a week.


Ah gotcha. Well I think downtown is a little ways from Hyde Park, not sure how long exactly, so you'll have to wake up a bit earlier to get to the morning events. Not a huge deal though i'm sure.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 am

CastleRock wrote:
Dany wrote:
CastleRock wrote:K guys, question. I can get a really cheap hotel room, but its in downtown chicago. Do it or not?

That's what I did!

Great. Where are you staying?

I'm not going to ASW, but I'm staying here. (LinkRemoved)

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 am

interesting. YOU not going to Chicago ASW? Why?

User avatar
JFo
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby JFo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 am

CastleRock wrote:interesting. YOU not going to Chicago ASW? Why?


To make us all cry.

Fear not! I may print out a Dany-tar so she can be with us in paper spirit.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 am

When are the White Sox playing?

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 am

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:14 am

CastleRock wrote:interesting. YOU not going to Chicago ASW? Why?

:cry:

I have like, three other commitments that weekend that I absolutely cannot get out of. I thought I was going to throw something when Perry told me the dates on the phone.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 am

Dany wrote:
CastleRock wrote:interesting. YOU not going to Chicago ASW? Why?

:cry:

I have like, three other commitments that weekend that I absolutely cannot get out of. I thought I was going to throw something when Perry told me the dates on the phone.

That sucks, I been looking forward to meeting you and knock. I guess at least knock will be there.

When are you going to visit?

Edit: I feel so out of the loop. I don't even know what happened to my friend who apparently had a billion different words for "snow".

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 am

I'm going to the March 28 day in the life.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby ExpectLess » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Favorite Nickolodeon Cartoon of the 90s: Doug


It's gotta be Rocko's.

Favorite episode: Rocko and Heffer go to the ski resort where they think everything is $5 but it turns out every thing is $5.

On a somewhat related note, the name "Skeeter" would definitely not fly today.

quetzal_bird
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:45 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby quetzal_bird » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 am

ExpectLess wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Favorite Nickolodeon Cartoon of the 90s: Doug


It's gotta be Rocko's.

Favorite episode: Rocko and Heffer go to the ski resort where they think everything is $5 but it turns out every thing is $5.

On a somewhat related note, the name "Skeeter" would definitely not fly today.


Rugrats




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest