Chicago Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 pm

I've been waiting for the website too but I'm worried it won't be up in time to get the check in.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Sentry wrote:I've been waiting for the website too but I'm worried it won't be up in time to get the check in.


Yeah, kind of confused. I'm going to call them in the morning to figure this out.

User avatar
sojuteacher
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby sojuteacher » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I've been waiting for the website too but I'm worried it won't be up in time to get the check in.


Yeah, kind of confused. I'm going to call them in the morning to figure this out.


Please let us know what they say-- as I'm overseas I was planning to just pay by card when the site came up. I assumed sometime this week. If the site not available soon, I'll probably have my parents send a check in then (that'll be a fun convo) mail to the admissions office to know it's on its way.

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby thedude221 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey guys I've been mulling downgrading my sociology double major to a minor because of this really intense internship I'm in right now and I was just wondering if you guys thought that would adversely affect me at all with U of C?

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 pm

thedude221 wrote:Hey guys I've been mulling downgrading my sociology double major to a minor because of this really intense internship I'm in right now and I was just wondering if you guys thought that would adversely affect me at all with U of C?

Aren't you already accepted? How could it possibly affect you?

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby thedude221 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Sentry wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Hey guys I've been mulling downgrading my sociology double major to a minor because of this really intense internship I'm in right now and I was just wondering if you guys thought that would adversely affect me at all with U of C?

Aren't you already accepted? How could it possibly affect you?


Indeed I am. I'm just a bit paranoid.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:21 pm

sojuteacher wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I've been waiting for the website too but I'm worried it won't be up in time to get the check in.


Yeah, kind of confused. I'm going to call them in the morning to figure this out.


Please let us know what they say-- as I'm overseas I was planning to just pay by card when the site came up. I assumed sometime this week. If the site not available soon, I'll probably have my parents send a check in then (that'll be a fun convo) mail to the admissions office to know it's on its way.


Sent an email because for whatever reason, whenever I tried the office of admissions, the line went to their recording asking that I call back at another time or send in an email.

Will keep you guys posted on if I hear anything today.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm

thedude221 wrote:
Sentry wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Hey guys I've been mulling downgrading my sociology double major to a minor because of this really intense internship I'm in right now and I was just wondering if you guys thought that would adversely affect me at all with U of C?

Aren't you already accepted? How could it possibly affect you?


Indeed I am. I'm just a bit paranoid.


I can see your point since you probably put a double major on your apps. No idea how it would affect you, but guessing that it wouldnt. Just a guess.

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby thedude221 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey when should we start applying for loans?

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby thedude221 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 pm

trudat15 wrote:
sojuteacher wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I've been waiting for the website too but I'm worried it won't be up in time to get the check in.


Yeah, kind of confused. I'm going to call them in the morning to figure this out.


Please let us know what they say-- as I'm overseas I was planning to just pay by card when the site came up. I assumed sometime this week. If the site not available soon, I'll probably have my parents send a check in then (that'll be a fun convo) mail to the admissions office to know it's on its way.


Sent an email because for whatever reason, whenever I tried the office of admissions, the line went to their recording asking that I call back at another time or send in an email.

Will keep you guys posted on if I hear anything today.


I just talked to a lady at admissions and she said that we should be getting the e-mail today, and that we can wait for the admitted student's site before doing the 500.00 deposit.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

thedude221 wrote:I just talked to a lady at admissions and she said that we should be getting the e-mail today, and that we can wait for the admitted student's site before doing the 500.00 deposit.

Great. Thanks.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Sentry wrote:
thedude221 wrote:I just talked to a lady at admissions and she said that we should be getting the e-mail today, and that we can wait for the admitted student's site before doing the 500.00 deposit.

Great. Thanks.


Thanks for the info!
EDIT: It's up! Looks like we get $200 reimbursement for ASW again this year. Def. plan on taking advantage


thedude221 wrote:Hey when should we start applying for loans?


I think you start by filing FAFSA and Need Access this month (due 2/1 for Chicago for both - if you dont file by then, you can use estimated numbers).

Then another school application due sometime in May. Just make sure you get in your FAFSA and Need Access soon and you should be good to go.
Last edited by trudat15 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Anyone thinking about retaking in Feb? I talked to Dean Perry and she said any update (including a new score) would be considered when they decide my package. While that's probably just school policy talk (as opposed to hard evidence that suggests we are getting NO money), I was thinking about trying regardless. Confident I can get it up at least a few points (been teaching LSAT to a few friends for Dec and it really helps to teach it), and hopeful that Rubensteins mean they have more money to throw around. But then again, they'll probably be throwing that money around to RD applicants anyways.

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby thedude221 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 am

trudat15 wrote:Anyone thinking about retaking in Feb? I talked to Dean Perry and she said any update (including a new score) would be considered when they decide my package. While that's probably just school policy talk (as opposed to hard evidence that suggests we are getting NO money), I was thinking about trying regardless. Confident I can get it up at least a few points (been teaching LSAT to a few friends for Dec and it really helps to teach it), and hopeful that Rubensteins mean they have more money to throw around. But then again, they'll probably be throwing that money around to RD applicants anyways.


I won't be. It took me six months last time to get a 169 and I have not at all prepared so it would seem to me to be a waste of time and resources. However, going in this time you would not have the pressure knowing that you have to do well in order to get into a good school. Then again you may thrive on that kind of pressure, I think I might have. I say go for it if you have a convenient testing site and you don't mind spending the fifty bucks or however much it is.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Sentry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:44 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:inb4 the eskimo

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby trudat15 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Sentry wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:inb4 the eskimo


Lol. Congrats Eskimo!

Your constant love for Chicago made me dig into it a bit more as I was researching schools and I ended up EDing. :D

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:41 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sojuteacher
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby sojuteacher » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 am

Kili wrote:Admitted today!! Anyone else wish their ASW was a bit sooner! Maybe I'm just eager to check it out. :D



Congratulations on admittance! ASW is up and I only recently received the login credentials.

Be eager! Browsing courses is so much fun.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 am

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 am

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am

.
Last edited by 123kl on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 am

trudat15 wrote:Thanks for the info!
EDIT: It's up! Looks like we get $200 reimbursement for ASW again this year. Def. plan on taking advantage


Wow. Hmmmmmm now I think I might take a look.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:59 am

anybody else have "Glass Menagerie Photo" under Requirements for their status checker?

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby Fresh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 pm

HowdyYall wrote:anybody else have "Glass Menagerie Photo" under Requirements for their status checker?


Yeah... what is that? Isn't that a play or something

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Fresh wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:anybody else have "Glass Menagerie Photo" under Requirements for their status checker?


Yeah... what is that? Isn't that a play or something


haha yeah i think its probly just something to mess with us




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest