Chicago Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
rbarcelo9

Silver

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Post by rbarcelo9 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

I've looked at this thread each year i've been a member of these forums and never thought I'd be able to post in it....but today I got in to my dream school!!! So happy to be in this thread!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:I've looked at this thread each year i've been a member of these forums and never thought I'd be able to post in it....but today I got in to my dream school!!! So happy to be in this thread!
*Offers your a seat at the cool kids table* What exactly do you want to do with law?

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:I've looked at this thread each year i've been a member of these forums and never thought I'd be able to post in it....but today I got in to my dream school!!! So happy to be in this thread!
*Offers your a seat at the cool kids table* What exactly do you want to do with law?
Not really exactly sure what I want to do. I have interned at the Innocence Project here in FL, and thats definitely something im interested in. I'm also interested in Intellectual Property. I'm sure everything will change once I'm in school, but those are the things that led me to law school. It's a pleasure to sit at the cool kids table.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Not really exactly sure what I want to do. I have interned at the Innocence Project here in FL, and thats definitely something im interested in. I'm also interested in Intellectual Property. I'm sure everything will change once I'm in school, but those are the things that led me to law school. It's a pleasure to sit at the cool kids table.
I'm the same way, I'm sure that I'll change my mind some point while in law school.

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 am

Is everyone else in this thread as intimidated by UChi and the rigor rumors as I am?!?! I feel like I'm going to be dead last in the class. lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 am

Kili wrote:
arism87 wrote:@P exactly, we are very fortunate to have the Rubenstein gift because it has freed up more scholarship money for us to use with the whole class. As a mentioned earlier this is in addition to our already exsisting scholarship budget.

:D :D :D :D :D
+10,0000

QF ESKIMO!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :idea: :idea: :idea: :) :) :) :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 am

rbarcelo9 wrote:Is everyone else in this thread as intimidated by UChi and the rigor rumors as I am?!?! I feel like I'm going to be dead last in the class. lol
Knowing that there are more people like us actually emboldens and encourages me LOL. If our class is anything like the people in this thread then we'll be good.

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Is everyone else in this thread as intimidated by UChi and the rigor rumors as I am?!?! I feel like I'm going to be dead last in the class. lol
Knowing that there are more people like us actually emboldens and encourages me LOL. If our class is anything like the people in this thread then we'll be good.
Yeah if not we'll just have to form a lil TLS clique! Lol

WarioLaw

Bronze

Post by WarioLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Joining the club. Got the call towards the end of the day yesterday (after 5 EST). I felt like I received a governor's reprieve after seeing my phone light up with University of Chicago.

I still have not received the email acceptance. Are any others in this boat? It does show acceptance in the status checker. I also noticed the updated requirements list. I was very amused... um, you want me to submit a photo of a glass menagerie? Sadly, this does not seem that unreasonable when compared to many schools' requirements.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

WarioLaw wrote:Joining the club. Got the call towards the end of the day yesterday (after 5 EST). I felt like I received a governor's reprieve after seeing my phone light up with University of Chicago.

I still have not received the email acceptance. Are any others in this boat? It does show acceptance in the status checker. I also noticed the updated requirements list. I was very amused... um, you want me to submit a photo of a glass menagerie? Sadly, this does not seem that unreasonable when compared to many schools' requirements.
Hm I got the email about 30 minutes after the call. Congrats anyways!

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 pm

The photo is of you for the glass menagerie (it's UChi's facebook).

WarioLaw

Bronze

Post by WarioLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:The photo is of you for the glass menagerie (it's UChi's facebook).
Ah, that makes a lot more sense than submitting photos of porcelain figurines. Thanks for the heads up.

Older Chest

Bronze

Post by Older Chest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
I may have to join this clique if I end up at Chicago.

The rigor rumors are definitely scary. While visiting UCLA, I spoke with an applicant who's good friend was at Chicago. He said that one of the 'ripping the pages out of library books' stories turned out to be true the prior year. It was discouraging to hear. It will be nice to talk to some (potentially inebriated) current students during the ASW and getting a better idea of what academic life is really like.

With that being said, there are so many reasons to love Chicago. It will surely be a difficult decision: rigor at Chicago versus $$ at Michigan/Penn.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Older Chest wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
I may have to join this clique if I end up at Chicago.

The rigor rumors are definitely scary. While visiting UCLA, I spoke with an applicant who's good friend was at Chicago. He said that one of the 'ripping the pages out of library books' stories turned out to be true the prior year. It was discouraging to hear. It will be nice to talk to some (potentially inebriated) current students during the ASW and getting a better idea of what academic life is really like.

With that being said, there are so many reasons to love Chicago. It will surely be a difficult decision: rigor at Chicago versus $$ at Michigan/Penn.
Someone told me about a page ripping story at Columbia as well.

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Page ripping....that's a fight where I'm from! lol

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh and is there any criteria for this photo? Any specific poses they want or encourage/discourage? I was thinking about using Magnum, but on second thought I think I'm going to go with Latigra or Blue Steel. (For anyone that has not seen Zoolander I apologize)

Older Chest

Bronze

Post by Older Chest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:Oh and is there any criteria for this photo? Any specific poses they want or encourage/discourage? I was thinking about using Magnum, but on second thought I think I'm going to go with Latigra or Blue Steel. (For anyone that has not seen Zoolander I apologize)
For comedy, check out Arrested Development. Everything else is amateur by comparison.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Older Chest wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Oh and is there any criteria for this photo? Any specific poses they want or encourage/discourage? I was thinking about using Magnum, but on second thought I think I'm going to go with Latigra or Blue Steel. (For anyone that has not seen Zoolander I apologize)
For comedy, check out Arrested Development. Everything else is amateur by comparison.
I hope in that everything else you are excluding Dave Chappelle, who may be the funniest man to ever live.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Older Chest wrote:
I'm submitting this photo to U of C.
--ImageRemoved--

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:this this thread easily has the best collection of people of all the class threads.

Older Chest

Bronze

Post by Older Chest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Sentry wrote:
Older Chest wrote:
I'm submitting this photo to U of C.
--ImageRemoved--
Oh good old Tobias. When you look back on the setup of that show, it is incredible. From the very first episode, it had Tobias wearing an impromptu pirate costume.

Dave Chappelle is definitely a funny man. One of my favorite bits is the Racial Fantasy Draft, although nothing will top Business Time from Flight of the Conchords.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Kili wrote:I've been trying to decide the best way to find other TLSer's during ASW. I suggest everyone on TLS use the Arrested Development Chicken dances to signal each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T_2mUbne38
Dibs on George, Sr.

Coo-coo-ka-cha!

alphamoose

Bronze

Post by alphamoose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Kili wrote:I've been trying to decide the best way to find other TLSer's during ASW. I suggest everyone on TLS use the Arrested Development Chicken dances to signal each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T_2mUbne38
I'll be the guy wearing a shirt that's says: I <3 RIGOR

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”