Chicago Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Muenchen

Silver

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Post by Muenchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
JFo wrote:
Xifeng wrote:My plan is going to be getting my mother to drive me to Chicago due to lack of car, and then we will go on a glorious IKEA trip :D

And drag dad along too so he can help me put stuff together!
I volunteer to help put furniture together. I love it.
You're insane.
Be nice to my new best friend :evil:

JFo, I'm pretty sure you would love my mother. And she would love you. I'm also pretty sure she'd require copious amounts of wine when assembling IKEA stuff hahaha.
:oops: yes ma'am.

Saul Goodman

Bronze

Post by Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Muenchen wrote: :oops: yes ma'am.
But she hasn't even gotten 100 posts? :mrgreen:

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Xifeng wrote:Ooooh pretty:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30214306

I have a serious problem. Why can't I stop looking at furniture and do my homework??
:(
+1. Life five months from now is totally trumping the obligations of the present.

I also volunteer to help assemble (IKEA) furniture. I totally turned a bookcase into an entertainment center last year bc all the entertainment centers cost more than I wanted to pay.

I started with this bookcase: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10103088, flipped it on its side, and attached the shelves differently to create a rectangular section in the middle for DVD player/cable box/etc.

Final product (decorated for the holidays :D):
The stockings are sort of obstructing the view of the shelves, but you get the idea.

JFo

Bronze

Post by JFo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
JFo wrote:
Xifeng wrote:My plan is going to be getting my mother to drive me to Chicago due to lack of car, and then we will go on a glorious IKEA trip :D

And drag dad along too so he can help me put stuff together!
I volunteer to help put furniture together. I love it.
You're insane.
Be nice to my new best friend :evil:

JFo, I'm pretty sure you would love my mother. And she would love you. I'm also pretty sure she'd require copious amounts of wine when assembling IKEA stuff hahaha.
...you mean, some people do it without wine?

I'm serious though, I will help you all put furniture together. I'm not even kidding a little bit. The little man in the Ikea instructions is my homeboy.

Eta: afcanoe, if there was a place that would let us have five pets, I would live with you in furniture-constructing, animal-petting joy.
Last edited by JFo on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Dany wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
Dany wrote:He's probably still reading my Ode to Chicago because it's so long. :oops:
If anything, it isn't long enough. Moar plz.
Ode Part II: In Which We Wait

A law school has stolen my heart,
Yet for five more months we'll be apart,
I'll count down the days
And wait with malaise
Can't wait for September to start!
I <3 limericks...especially this one. :D

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:52 pm

If you get plain furniture and want to make it pretty I can help! I put pretty crystal knobs on my cheap TV stand thing and it's v. gorgeous now.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Xifeng wrote:Note to self: invite JFo and afcanoe over for an IKEA & wine party in five months.

SO excited!! When are you guys planning on getting to Chicago? I'm leaning towards a Sept 1 lease so I can have time to adjust to the city/get the hell out of my parent's house.
Where do you think you're going to live? Have you figured that part out yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Xifeng wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Muenchen wrote: :oops: yes ma'am.
But she hasn't even gotten 100 posts? :mrgreen:
He clearly has a thing for blondes with adorable chameleons. :wink:
Oh Saul, you have no idea. And Xifeng, I think you already know exactly where my interests lie :wink:

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Dany wrote:If you get plain furniture and want to make it pretty I can help! I put pretty crystal knobs on my cheap TV stand thing and it's v. gorgeous now.
This is Dany's best friend. You should see the unicorn design she has on the back of her denim jacket.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:56 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Xifeng wrote:Note to self: invite JFo and afcanoe over for an IKEA & wine party in five months.

SO excited!! When are you guys planning on getting to Chicago? I'm leaning towards a Sept 1 lease so I can have time to adjust to the city/get the hell out of my parent's house.
I'm going to extend this, does anyone think they know where they are going to live?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

I'm going to extend this, does anyone think they know where they are going to live?
I'm leaning Regents.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Eta: afcanoe, if there was a place that would let us have five pets, I would live with you in furniture-constructing, animal-petting joy.
:mrgreen: YES! ...And, as you probably expected, one of those stockings was meant for a dog... :oops:
Yay! I'm in.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

I'm leaning Regents.

afcanoe

Bronze

Post by afcanoe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Dany wrote:If you get plain furniture and want to make it pretty I can help! I put pretty crystal knobs on my cheap TV stand thing and it's v. gorgeous now.
Oooh, oooh! I definitely did this to an IKEA dresser with some pretty knobs from Anthropologie. :) We were all clearly destined to be together.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Muenchen wrote:
Knock wrote:
I'm leaning Regents.
Regents looks like it is going to be happening.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Not really. A good number of us have applied to Regents, but will be looking for other places ~2 months out when landlord people know which units will be available come September.

And I think my awesome roomie and I are going to move in Sept. 1, too. It'll be nice to get settled in early!!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
Knock wrote:
I'm leaning Regents.
Regents looks like it is going to be happening.
I'm hoping to find someone who has a car in Regents so we can go grocery shopping together and maybe even carpool to school.

JFo

Bronze

Post by JFo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm probably moving in around the firs. I, too, want to get used to the city. I'm kind of dreading driving up with a 40 pound dog, a 75 pound dog, and a 12 pound cat in a tiny Corrolla. I hope they don't realize they could unite and overpower me. I may drug them.

I'm thinking of living in one of the MAC properties, though I may call Regents to see about pet policies.

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Dany wrote:Not really. A good number of us have applied to Regents, but will be looking for other places ~2 months out when landlord people know which units will be available come September.

And I think my awesome roomie and I are going to move in Sept. 1, too. It'll be nice to get settled in early!!
Yeah, I only applied to Regents to secure a 1 br as a safety. Depending on what I can find online, I might go back up this summer to tour some more places. The only problem I'm having is that the places that I like are about $400-500 more per month, so right now Regents is still looking like the default.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

JFo wrote:I'm probably moving in around the firs. I, too, want to get used to the city. I'm kind of dreading driving up with a 40 pound dog, a 75 pound dog, and a 12 pound cat in a tiny Corrolla. I hope they don't realize they could unite and overpower me. I may drug them.

I'm thinking of living in one of the MAC properties, though I may call Regents to see about pet policies.
It says they allow pets, just doesn't say if they allow them in the law school block.

JFo

Bronze

Post by JFo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm

CastleRock wrote:
JFo wrote:I'm probably moving in around the firs. I, too, want to get used to the city. I'm kind of dreading driving up with a 40 pound dog, a 75 pound dog, and a 12 pound cat in a tiny Corrolla. I hope they don't realize they could unite and overpower me. I may drug them.

It says they allow pets, just doesn't say if they allow them in the law school block.
Yeah, the problem is that it's a two pet limit, but I'm going to see about negotiating.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:08 pm

JFo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

Yeah, the problem is that it's a two pet limit, but I'm going to see about negotiating.
Let the dogs eat the cat, problem solved. :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”