Buffalo Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ohmylord

New

Re: Buffalo Class of 2014

Post by ohmylord » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
ohmylord wrote: That sounds nice. I didn't end up in a room with the law students but with the undergrads. Do you know if sound is muffled in any way? Don't want to disrupt others and vice versa. And how many rooms/floors per building? Just out of curiosity, my former school's apartments had 4 rooms per floor, 3 floors per building. Everyone's rooms were nicely sized.
You won't hear the apartments next to you, but you will definitely hear the one above/below you through the vents. Each building has two floors. The law buildings had 12 rooms per floor I think, not sure about the undergrad ones. I'm guessing its the same. Did you get your schedule/section yet? If so, I can tell you about profs if I had them/possibly get you outlines.

Edit: If you're with the undergrads it might not be a 2 bedroom/2 bath. They have some 4 bedroom/2 baths sprinkled in there too.
That's good to hear. I haven't registered for classes yet, nor did I get my schedule because I have a hold currently. Should be resolved quickly.

I am living in a single room apartment. I tend to enjoy my privacy and hate dealing with bad roommates. Four years in college and all four years I've ended up with someone horrible.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:49 pm

ohmylord wrote:
starchinkilt wrote:
ohmylord wrote: That sounds nice. I didn't end up in a room with the law students but with the undergrads. Do you know if sound is muffled in any way? Don't want to disrupt others and vice versa. And how many rooms/floors per building? Just out of curiosity, my former school's apartments had 4 rooms per floor, 3 floors per building. Everyone's rooms were nicely sized.
You won't hear the apartments next to you, but you will definitely hear the one above/below you through the vents. Each building has two floors. The law buildings had 12 rooms per floor I think, not sure about the undergrad ones. I'm guessing its the same. Did you get your schedule/section yet? If so, I can tell you about profs if I had them/possibly get you outlines.

Edit: If you're with the undergrads it might not be a 2 bedroom/2 bath. They have some 4 bedroom/2 baths sprinkled in there too.
That's good to hear. I haven't registered for classes yet, nor did I get my schedule because I have a hold currently. Should be resolved quickly.

I am living in a single room apartment. I tend to enjoy my privacy and hate dealing with bad roommates. Four years in college and all four years I've ended up with someone horrible.
Ah, well feel free to PM me when you get the info and I'll see what I can do.

Smash

New

Post by Smash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 pm

I applied for apartment housing last month and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Smash wrote:I applied for apartment housing last month and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?
No, although you might want to call. Last year they didn't fill all the graduate apartments.

Smash

New

Post by Smash » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
Smash wrote:I applied for apartment housing last month and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?
No, although you might want to call. Last year they didn't fill all the graduate apartments.
Thanks for your help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”